Valero Energy Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy in September 2013.

Interview

Extremely uncomfortable interview. They were working in short blocks of time and made you feel extremely rushed. The man interviewing seemed completely uninterested in my resume as he began firing off behavior based questions off of a pre made template. The questions bounced around and were completely unrelated to each other. A few of the questions required such specific answers that I am not sure how anyone was able to answer them. The man acted like he did not even want to be there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me in great detail about a time when you were unclear of the instructions given to you.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Valero Energy

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Wilmington, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview occurred at my school, and I received an offer a couple days later. I was only asked one technical question, which I did not get correct. We mostly discussed my prior engineering experience and class projects that pertained to the position. I was told very little about the job and in fact did not really know what I would be doing until I got there, but it was a relatively easy process.

Interview Questions

• What would happen if you let a bottle of pure ammonia open in a room?   1 Answer