Valero Energy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

This was simple for me because I was out of state. All I had to do was answer a phone interview it only took an hour or so of my time.

Data Center Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call to schedule an onsite interview two weeks after the telephonic round. Very few technical questions and more if behavioral questions. it was a great experience to visit their facility and know more about the job. But unfortunately received an email 10 days later saying that I have not been selected.

Maintenance Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Ardmore, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to on site interview show interview personal all license required for job . I have to be most qualified can not get any more in this state. Was asked a bunch of question that didn't have anything too do with job. How old are you, What your best accomplishment in life, Are you willing to help teach other employees if they need help.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I have in welding and how many different test you have to take and pass 7   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Would I move to be local in the area   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Interview

I met with recruiters at a university career fair and within two weeks I had an interview at my college campus. The interview process surprised me due to the lack of technical questions. It focused on team work and behavioral solutions. I had an offer within a week. I appreciated that they knew what they were looking for in an intern.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about how you handle disagreements on a team   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Amarillo, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very well done. Took a little longer to hear back than one would like but over all it was a pleasant experience. I filed out the application and submitted my resume and reference letters online. Everything moved pretty smoothly just a little slow.

Interview Questions

• immediate and longterm goals   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

I applied online to the posted job and was contacted via phone 1-2 weeks later. I then talked with HR to schedule a time that would work for me to come in and interview and meet some folks from the company. The onsite interview consisted of 4 total interviews (both formal and informal). First, I went out to lunch with two managers and talked about the position, the company, and my general responsibilities. Then I was given a tour of the campus in which I casually communicated with two other employees at Valero. Then it was on to another interview with two more employees and finally the last interview of the day included two directors.

Interview Questions

• No real significant unexpected questions or difficult ones.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

At my school there is a huge career fair where the recruiters of nearly 800 companies around the world mingle with college students. There the students speak briefly to the company reps about their college experience so far and exchange resumes and business cards. If the recruiter likes a students personality then the student's resume will be kept for review after the fair. Later that evening the company recruiters will look over the resumes and filter the good ones based on previous work experience, GPA, and extra-curricular activities. Once a company has narrowed the candidates down to only a handful they will extend an invitation for an interview. The interviewers consisted of an older manger and a younger employee a few years out of college. They were very friendly and joked around throughout the interview to keep the mood light. If they like your personality, GPA, and previous work experience then they will offer you a job. Simple as that.

Interview Questions

• None. The questions were straight forward.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

The cultures was great. High tech interviewing via Skype and in -office. Small staff. Modern amenities. Professional and quick hire turn around. However, all interviewees were not able to mKe the interview. The most difficult question is the dreaded, tell us about yourself". However, There were not any unrxpecteed questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

There is only one 1:1 Interview. Prior to this there is a screening at the university career fair. Mostly resume walk through, with couple of questions on your technical background. My interview was mostly conversational. Overall a really good experience. Know your resume well!

Chemical Engineer Interview

Interview

They were all behavioral based questions. In my interview at school they had two recruiters interviewing me. I got the interview after talking to them at the career fair. They were nice guys and it was a good interview. Just make sure you have a bunch of stories or experiences prepared to share that you can apply to any question that they may ask.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you received criticism and how did you handle it? What is one time someone wanted to go against the rules and how did you handle it?   Answer Question