Valero Energy

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews

Communications Intern Interview

Communications Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview Details – Five women interviewed me one after another and being that I am a male, they were not too interested. The department consisted of all women and they ended up hiring a female, as well. Pretty biased if you ask me. Also, it would be nice if they were actually welcoming.

Interview Question – How would you enjoy working with all women?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Intern Interview

Chemical Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview Details – 45 minute interview, they take a very long time to get back to you

Interview Question – How do you use safety in you every day life   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview Details – This had a basic behavioral portion, then the standard hire on type information. As an intern I did not have much experience, so I focused on my teamwork acheivments.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness, and how will this affect your performance within Valero.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Systems Support Level I Interview

Retail Systems Support Level I

Interviewed at Valero Energy

Interview Details – Process took about three months. One phone interview followed by two on site interviews. The interviews were pretty basic, knowledge of enterprise systems

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview Details – I was a contractor and I knew someone so I didn't have to go through an intense interview

Interview Question – I didn't have any questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very firm on the offer amount

Manager Interview

Manager
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Valero Energy in August 2009.

Interview Details – it was a very easy process the only thing is they do criminal back ground and if any thing is there then you wont be hired.

Interview Question – can you bend lift 50lbs. can you show up on time and pass all test?   View Answer

Infrastructure Intern Interview

Infrastructure Intern
San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was barely 20 minutes where they asked basic behavior questions. There were 2 technical questions:
1) Differences between C and Java.
2) Describe OOP

Real basic interview, received offer the next day and they wanted the answer within 1 day. Salary is about average.

Interview Question – Describe OOP   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

Chemical Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2010.

Interview Details – I got an interview call after the career fair at my university. The position was a for Summer Internship. The interview was scheduled at 9 AM. It lasted for about 45 minutes. The questions were mainly based on my resume. The interviewer talked about the candidates duties. The interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Question – Are you ready to work outside the US?   Answer Question

Operations Director Interview

Operations Director

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in January 2009.

Interview Details – Really didn't have an interview. This was an internal promotion.

Negotiation Details – Wasn't allowed any negotiation. Was more or less forced to take this internal job.

Information Services Summer Intern Interview

Information Services Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied at job fair and had one round of interview on campus.
every thing in the interview was about my resume.

Interview Question – Explain in detail regarding one of the biggest challenges you faced   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't get a chance to negotiate. they provided with a very good relocation package

Worked for Valero Energy? Contribute to the Community!