Valero Energy Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

Five women interviewed me one after another and being that I am a male, they were not too interested. The department consisted of all women and they ended up hiring a female, as well. Pretty biased if you ask me. Also, it would be nice if they were actually welcoming.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

45 minute interview, they take a very long time to get back to you

Intern Interview

Interview

This had a basic behavioral portion, then the standard hire on type information. As an intern I did not have much experience, so I focused on my teamwork acheivments.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness, and how will this affect your performance within Valero.   Answer Question

Retail Systems Support Level I Interview

Interview

Process took about three months. One phone interview followed by two on site interviews. The interviews were pretty basic, knowledge of enterprise systems

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

Applied Online and visited booth and campus held career fair. Handed my resume in person to their recruiter and received an email through my University with times for an interview on campus.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Basic hiring process. Interviewer will ask you about your background and why you chose to become an Electrical Engineer. Then the interviewer will ask you some behavioral questions and about your location preferences. Near the end of the interview, you will be given time to ask any questions regarding the position/company/specific sites.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've worked with an uncooperative person. What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Interview

They were all behavioral based questions. In my interview at school they had two recruiters interviewing me. I got the interview after talking to them at the career fair. They were nice guys and it was a good interview. Just make sure you have a bunch of stories or experiences prepared to share that you can apply to any question that they may ask.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you received criticism and how did you handle it?
      What is one time someone wanted to go against the rules and how did you handle it?

Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

The cultures was great. High tech interviewing via Skype and in -office. Small staff. Modern amenities. Professional and quick hire turn around. However, all interviewees were not able to mKe the interview. The most difficult question is the dreaded, tell us about yourself". However, There were not any unrxpecteed questions.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

I applied online to the posted job and was contacted via phone 1-2 weeks later. I then talked with HR to schedule a time that would work for me to come in and interview and meet some folks from the company. The onsite interview consisted of 4 total interviews (both formal and informal). First, I went out to lunch with two managers and talked about the position, the company, and my general responsibilities. Then I was given a tour of the campus in which I casually communicated with two other employees at Valero. Then it was on to another interview with two more employees and finally the last interview of the day included two directors.

Interview Questions

• No real significant unexpected questions or difficult ones.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Valero Energy (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I was a contractor and I knew someone so I didn't have to go through an intense interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very firm on the offer amount