Valero Energy Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.8

Chemical Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Valero Energy.

45 minute interview, they take a very long time to get back to you

Communications Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Valero Energy.

Five women interviewed me one after another and being that I am a male, they were not too interested. The department consisted of all women and they ended up hiring a female, as well. Pretty biased if you ask me. Also, it would be nice if they were actually welcoming.

Retail Systems Support Level I Interview

Process took about three months. One phone interview followed by two on site interviews. The interviews were pretty basic, knowledge of enterprise systems

Intern Interview

This had a basic behavioral portion, then the standard hire on type information. As an intern I did not have much experience, so I focused on my teamwork acheivments.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness, and how will this affect your performance within Valero.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Valero Energy in August 2009.

it was a very easy process the only thing is they do criminal back ground and if any thing is there then you wont be hired.

Interview Questions
    • can you bend lift 50lbs. can you show up on time and pass all test?   View Answer

Infrastructure Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2009.

The interview was barely 20 minutes where they asked basic behavior questions. There were 2 technical questions:
    1) Differences between C and Java.
    2) Describe OOP

Real basic interview, received offer the next day and they wanted the answer within 1 day. Salary is about average.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Valero Energy.

I was a contractor and I knew someone so I didn't have to go through an intense interview

Interview Questions
    They were very firm on the offer amount

Information Services Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2011.

I applied at job fair and had one round of interview on campus.
    every thing in the interview was about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail regarding one of the biggest challenges you faced   Answer Question
    I didn't get a chance to negotiate. they provided with a very good relocation package

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in May 2008.

The interview occurred at my school, and I received an offer a couple days later. I was only asked one technical question, which I did not get correct. We mostly discussed my prior engineering experience and class projects that pertained to the position. I was told very little about the job and in fact did not really know what I would be doing until I got there, but it was a relatively easy process.

Interview Questions
    • What would happen if you let a bottle of pure ammonia open in a room?   View Answer

Operations Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in January 2009.

Really didn't have an interview. This was an internal promotion.

Wasn't allowed any negotiation. Was more or less forced to take this internal job.

Worked for Valero Energy? Contribute to the Community!