Valero Energy

45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Associate Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume in a career fair, was interviewed by a group of engineers in the refinery.

Interview Question – They asked about 10 questions starting with the phrase: "Tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

IT Architect
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Valero Energy in January 2013.

Interview Details – Used an head hunter so most of the communication was through them.

Interview Question – What makes you good enough for Valero   Answer Question

Information Services Summer Intern Interview

Information Services Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied at job fair and had one round of interview on campus.
every thing in the interview was about my resume.

Interview Question – Explain in detail regarding one of the biggest challenges you faced   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't get a chance to negotiate. they provided with a very good relocation package

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2012.

Interview Details – I spoke with a representative at the career fair and applied via our career center website. Then, I was invited to an on-campus interview.

The interview was very straight forward and low-stress. The interviewer definitely seemed to want to be sure that personality would be a good fit.

Interview Question – Mostly straightforward behavioral questions. Nothing too bad.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Operations
Three Rivers, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Valero Energy in May 2011.

Interview Details – First took a mechanical aptitude test to qualify for interview. After receiving letter then interview is set up. Interview is a panel interview consisting of a representative from HR and three others from engineering, operations, and area managers. Each asked questions and took notes. They like for you to answer as swift as possible and be able to think on your feet. Each question was a scenario based question. What would you do if there was confrontation between co-worker? Name a time when you went above and beyond to get a job done? Name a time when you've taken short cuts? ( tell them you don't take short cuts)

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Speak highly of safety and proper personal protectiob

Information Services Intern Interview

Information Services Intern
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in December 2011.

Interview Details – Just behavior questions. Nothing about programming. He asked me about my work experience. A very comfortable interview. I got the offer after 2 days! I think I got it probably because my school is well-known in San Antonio.

Interview Question – Tell me about your working experience at ...   Answer Question

Information Services Intern Interview

Information Services Intern
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy-going interview. The recruiter just asks me about the details in my resume. It seems that they have a really professional internship program.

Interview Question – What programming language are you good at?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2011.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter through a university job fair and was contacted a few weeks after for an on-campus interview. The interview was all behavior based and background questions. We discussed previous experience on my resume, as well as what departments I had interest in. It was very friendly and easy-going.

Interview Question – All types of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Amarillo, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in September 2010.

Interview Details – Great people, and the interview went really well. Some of the slated questions were strange, such as, "if you were to live your life over again, what would you do differently?'

Interview Question – If you were to live your life again, what would you do differently?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Went with another offer for more compensation.

Finance Interview

Finance
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in November 2009.

Interview Details – i first meet withe the HR person, whom went over an overview of the benefits that would be available. interview went well, they like multitasking skills.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer?   View Answer