Valero Energy Interview Questions & Reviews

47 interviews

2.8

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy.

College recruiting event and met the hiring manager. Show passion about getting the internship. Good GPA a must. Network with the accounting professors (They know a lot of people) What do you know about Valero?

No negotiation. Fixed pay

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Valero Energy.

Submitted my resume in a career fair, was interviewed by a group of engineers in the refinery.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about 10 questions starting with the phrase: "Tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Valero Energy in January 2013.

Used an head hunter so most of the communication was through them.

Information Services Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2011.

I applied at job fair and had one round of interview on campus.
    every thing in the interview was about my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail regarding one of the biggest challenges you faced   Answer Question
    I didn't get a chance to negotiate. they provided with a very good relocation package

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2012.

I spoke with a representative at the career fair and applied via our career center website. Then, I was invited to an on-campus interview.

The interview was very straight forward and low-stress. The interviewer definitely seemed to want to be sure that personality would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly straightforward behavioral questions. Nothing too bad.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Three Rivers, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Three Rivers, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Valero Energy in May 2011.

First took a mechanical aptitude test to qualify for interview. After receiving letter then interview is set up. Interview is a panel interview consisting of a representative from HR and three others from engineering, operations, and area managers. Each asked questions and took notes. They like for you to answer as swift as possible and be able to think on your feet. Each question was a scenario based question. What would you do if there was confrontation between co-worker? Name a time when you went above and beyond to get a job done? Name a time when you've taken short cuts? ( tell them you don't take short cuts)

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you've been overwhelmed with a job task and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a confrontation arose at work?   Answer Question
    Speak highly of safety and proper personal protectiob

Information Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in December 2011.

Just behavior questions. Nothing about programming. He asked me about my work experience. A very comfortable interview. I got the offer after 2 days! I think I got it probably because my school is well-known in San Antonio.

Information Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in November 2011.

Very easy-going interview. The recruiter just asks me about the details in my resume. It seems that they have a really professional internship program.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2011.

Met a recruiter through a university job fair and was contacted a few weeks after for an on-campus interview. The interview was all behavior based and background questions. We discussed previous experience on my resume, as well as what departments I had interest in. It was very friendly and easy-going.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Valero Energy in September 2010.

Great people, and the interview went really well. Some of the slated questions were strange, such as, "if you were to live your life over again, what would you do differently?'

Interview Questions
    • If you were to live your life again, what would you do differently?   View Answer

Went with another offer for more compensation.