Valley Medical Center

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

PSR Interview

Interviewed at Valley Medical Center

Interview Details – Applied online and heard back within 2 weeks. Interviewed and was offered a position in 2 days.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation with a hostile patient   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Admitting Registar Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valley Medical Center.

Interview Details – Did application online and was contacted via email the next day with questionnaire. Once I completed the questionnaire I was emailed later that day requesting an interview. About a week after HR department contacted me via email with an online assessment. This took about 30 minutes to complete. The next day I was contacted requesting my references.Two days later I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Question – What quality makes me most qualified for the position?   View Answer

Health Service Coordinator Interview

Renton, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valley Medical Center in July 2011.

Interview Details – Received call from clinic director and scheduled interview. Know the company/clinic populations

Interview Question – What is the COHE?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They provided dollar amount that met my expectations./

Very Difficult Interview

ER Nurse Residency Interview

Renton, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Valley Medical Center in April 2011.

Interview Details – The position is for 2 ER residency RN position, which over one hundred applicants. The interview was divided into 2 stages. First stage consists of 4 groups interview. Each group consists of a panel interviewers and 15 interviewees. Interview begin with a personality test, followed by a test for multi-tasking ability (3 pages of 30-40 lines of numbers. Six sets of numbers (3-8 digits) in each line and 2 of the 6 numbers set are identical) you circle the 2 identical numbers. In 10 minutes you circle as much as you can. Next is the essay question. I don’t remember the exact wording but the question is asking what cause the ER to overflow in hospital and how can you address this problem. They give you 10 minutes for the essay. The next part is more questions. They give each interviewee a package (5-7pages) of questions. And ask you to choose 4 number from 7 -20 and write on the front of the packet. You must answer all of the first 7 questions, and 4 more question which ever 4 number you wrote on the front of the packet corresponding to the questions. You have 20 minutes to answer the 10 questions. Most of the questions are open-ended essay question which I believe no one was able to finish all 10 questions. I only remembers a few questions: “Why you want to be ER nurse?” “If you can’t be an ER nurse what is the second choice?” “Why work for Valley?” “How did you deal with a difficulty situation, and if you encounter it second time what would you do?”

Interview Questions

• “If you can’t be an ER nurse what is the second choice and why?”   Answer Question
  • “How did you deal with a difficulty patient/situation, and if you encounter it second time what would you do?”   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Valley Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valley Medical Center interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Valley Medical Center employees and interview candidates.