Valley National Bancorp

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.0

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Valley National Bancorp in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out the application online and was contacted two weeks later. I then scheduled an interview the following week. I was arrived at the interview 30 minutes early and was seen for the interview immediately. The interview was 5 minutes of resume reviewing and a confirmation of hire. I was then transferred to the hiring manager and was offered a figure, I negotiated and got a higher figure :) (Never settle for less people). Afterwards they make you do a million and one online readings that have to be completed before a certain date. Orientation was scheduled a month later (long wait but they want you to finish the readings, drug testing, and fingerprinting before you go). After orientation concludes you have to call the bank that you are supposed to work in. They tell you when to report to your bank and then they explains what your job entails. You are then subjected to more testing in your bank while you take in what it means to be a teller (normal transactions, customer care, and interacting with your new coworkers). After about week you are then sent to either full time training or part time training, they gave me an option between both and i chose the full time training since it was a more detailed training course and they give you more time to practice before they throw back into the fray. The training was five 8 hour days of videos and practice transactions with training accounts (Of course they're not going to let you handle real money!!). The final day of training has you take a test where if you fail your employment is terminated but if you pass your position is secured. The test is half 60% written and 40% transactions. When you pass (passing rate of 96% by the way) you are then congratulated you are sent back to your branch to be a full fledged bank teller!!!

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from all the other candidates gathered here today ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. ALWAYS NEGOTIATE!!!!

Other Interview Reviews for Valley National Bancorp

Bank Teller Interview

Application

interviewed at Valley National Bancorp (Wayne, NJ) in January 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was a little long. Applied online and took about a week to hear back. Conducted one interview at their corporate office and later had to another interview at the actual location where you will be working.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valley National Bancorp in October 2011.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail to set up an interview. About a week later, I went to one of their branches and waited in a room with a few other candidates. People went in one by one and were interviewed by two people. A hiring manager, and of course, the service manager of that particular branch. After being interviewed by the hiring manager, you were interviewed by the service manager, and they consulted with each other about the prospect of hiring you.

Interview Questions

• What is something admirable a customer has done for you or someone you know?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Valley National Bancorp in March 2011.

Interview

Met with Human Resources at headquarters and had a 1:1 interview there. She took notes during my interview and told me should was going to forward my application to the branch manager at the location applied for to see if the branch was interested in interviewing me. I was invited to the branch office for an interview a week later and had a 1:1 interview there. Basically the lady was forwarded questions from human resources at the main office to ask me and she was just reading them off the paper.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the company/ why did you apply?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time where you had to handle an unruly customer and how you overcame the situation.   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience cross-selling products? Were you ever required to meet a sales requirement?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous employer/ current employer describe you as an employee?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep organized? Do you have any special methods you use to stay organized?   Answer Question