Valley National Bancorp

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wayne, NJ

I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a little long. Applied online and took about a week to hear back. Conducted one interview at their corporate office and later had to another interview at the actual location where you will be working.

Interview Question – None, for the most part it was easy.   Answer Question

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted via e-mail to set up an interview. About a week later, I went to one of their branches and waited in a room with a few other candidates. People went in one by one and were interviewed by two people. A hiring manager, and of course, the service manager of that particular branch. After being interviewed by the hiring manager, you were interviewed by the service manager, and they consulted with each other about the prospect of hiring you.

Interview Question – What is something admirable a customer has done for you or someone you know?   Answer Question

Bank Teller

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met with Human Resources at headquarters and had a 1:1 interview there. She took notes during my interview and told me should was going to forward my application to the branch manager at the location applied for to see if the branch was interested in interviewing me. I was invited to the branch office for an interview a week later and had a 1:1 interview there. Basically the lady was forwarded questions from human resources at the main office to ask me and she was just reading them off the paper.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the company/ why did you apply?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time where you had to handle an unruly customer and how you overcame the situation.   Answer Question
  • Do you have experience cross-selling products? Were you ever required to meet a sales requirement?   Answer Question
  • How would your previous employer/ current employer describe you as an employee?   Answer Question
  • How do you keep organized? Do you have any special methods you use to stay organized?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valley National Bancorp

Worked for Valley National Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!