Valley National Bancorp

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wayne, NJ

I interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a little long. Applied online and took about a week to hear back. Conducted one interview at their corporate office and later had to another interview at the actual location where you will be working.

Interview Question – None, for the most part it was easy.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and interviewed at Valley National Bancorp.

Interview Details – Very quick response to application although the overall process was very slow. Initial contact by phone and then all emails after. Went to meet with both the HR manager and the service manager. Very relaxed atmosphere. Questions were very personal as in alot of situational questions. Mostly what would you do kind of questions.

Interview Question – What would you say to a coworker who wants a customers personal information?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much they gave a figure

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Wayne, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted 3 days after application was submitted, and had my first of 2 interviews the following week. Interview process was fairly standard though I was told my part-time status would only be temporary until I was done with training fully. Once I finished training I was told I would not be made full-time and am now stuck.

Interview Question – Mos difficult question was "what makes you think we should hire you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate anything. Was offered 13/hr and accepte because I was unemployed.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp.

Interview Details – Asked about your work experiences to verify your integrity on your application. What are your skills and qualifications? Why do you want to work for Valley? Be prepared for a back ground and credit check. Do your own credit check prior to applying for any errors or mistakes. You have to have good credit. Make sure you meet FDIC requirements, since they will only insure banks who hire/employ people who meet FDIC requirements.

Negotiation Details – They are not willing to negotiate.

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp.

Interview Details – Three interviews. Series of questions. Give examples depending on ciccumstances you are in. How would you handle them.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situatuion and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I offered based on my research of the position. My offer was close to what i asked.

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in March 2008.

Interview Details – application/phone invitation/interviews/hiring

Interview Question – What Position are you looking for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted via e-mail to set up an interview. About a week later, I went to one of their branches and waited in a room with a few other candidates. People went in one by one and were interviewed by two people. A hiring manager, and of course, the service manager of that particular branch. After being interviewed by the hiring manager, you were interviewed by the service manager, and they consulted with each other about the prospect of hiring you.

Interview Question – What is something admirable a customer has done for you or someone you know?   Answer Question

Credit Associate Interview

Credit Associate

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process began with a phone interview. Candidate then meets with HR and the Hiring Manager and submits a writing sample. After, if selected, the candidate will be offered a second round interview with the Department Head.

Interview Question – What interests you about this position?   Answer Question

Bank Teller

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met with Human Resources at headquarters and had a 1:1 interview there. She took notes during my interview and told me should was going to forward my application to the branch manager at the location applied for to see if the branch was interested in interviewing me. I was invited to the branch office for an interview a week later and had a 1:1 interview there. Basically the lady was forwarded questions from human resources at the main office to ask me and she was just reading them off the paper.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the company/ why did you apply?   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of a time where you had to handle an unruly customer and how you overcame the situation.   Answer Question
  • Do you have experience cross-selling products? Were you ever required to meet a sales requirement?   Answer Question
  • How would your previous employer/ current employer describe you as an employee?   Answer Question
  • How do you keep organized? Do you have any special methods you use to stay organized?   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Appraiser

The process took a day - interviewed at Valley National Bancorp in September 2008.

Interview Details – HR contacted me, and after answering a few questions on the telephone, we scheduled an interview, which was fairly straight forward, the general questions were asked.

Interview Question – How do you feel you will be able to transition from a contract position to full time employment?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary was too low

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valley National Bancorp

Worked for Valley National Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valley National Bancorp interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Valley National Bancorp employees and interview candidates.