Valmont Industries

Updated Feb 9, 2015
Updated Feb 9, 2015

3.2

Accountant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Valmont Industries in July 2014.

The process was slightly unorganized. The HR manager started the interview without the primary individuals in charge of the position being present. People came in half way thru the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult situation and explain how you handled it   Answer Question

Associate Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Valmont Industries in April 2014.

First, I was given a short phone interview to discuss my qualifications and why I was interested in the job. Then, I was brought in for a 4-part, in-person interview that took about 2 and a half hours. I interviewed with the team members, hiring manager, and director of the department. I was informed that they were very eager to fill the role quickly, and I received an offer the same day.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a difficult customer/ manager/ employee?   Answer Question
    After a verbal offer, I counter-offered and ended up getting the salary I originally wanted.

B Welder Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Valmont Industries in September 2013.

Got called for a face to face interview. It went really well and the questions were all easy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Shipping & Receiving Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valmont Industries in October 2011.

I had not worked for the previous four years. I received a call from a recruiter, who told me about the job and it's requirements. Thew recruiter then asked me if I could go for an interview the next day, a Friday. I went for the interview and was told that I would be starting the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    I had not worked in four years. I took what was offered because I wanted to get working again.

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valmont Industries.

You apply online and are contacted by HR representative and scheduled for the interview. Upon arriving to the facility you are left waiting over 30 minutes without any contact or acknowledgement of your presence. I walked out of the waiting area after 30 minutes as this was a clear indication of the type of people managing these sites.

Interview Questions
    • None asked as they left me waiting until I finally left.   Answer Question

Assembler B Brotje Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Valmont Industries in February 2012.

no comment

Interview Questions
    • How would you difuse a workplace dispute between two fellow team members without taking sides?   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Valmont Industries in February 2011.

The hiring process was extremely thorough and professional.

Initial interviews were conducted via telephone. Following this, personal on-site interviews occured with team members to evaluate fit and basic functional expertise. As the interview process evolved, a rigorous telephone interview was conducted with a 3rd party professional interview company to evaluate personality and management skills. Finally, a senior level interview occurred, followed by background screening.

The people were excellent; knowledgable, professional, courteous and the follow-up and communication was very much appreciated

Interview Questions
    • Multiple questions on how the prospective manager would react to various situations with employees. The purpose of these questions was to truly understand the person's cultural fit and approach to management.   View Answer
    Management was very open to my personal situation and needs. They were flexible in their offer, and generous in terms of compensation, benefits, and relocation package.