Valpak Direct Marketing Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Representative Interview

Marketing Representative
Ashburn, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in September 2012.

Interview Details – I called and asked for an interview, that is there policy in order to hear how you speak on the phone. Then I was called back by the owner and had a phone interview. At the end of the conversation he asked me to come in for a face to face interview and during that interview I spoke with him and the sales manager. They told me how it was going to be and they were right on. The next step was to do a ride along, I did and it was successful, I received a job offer a few days later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you over came a huge obstacle and how you did it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was little negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in May 2013.

Interview Details – Great interview

Interview Question – Salary expectations   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems.

Interview Details – Responded to an online ad, I believe, on Craigslist. Had a phone interview first. Then, was interviewed by the owner and then the manager. Nice folks. Typical interview. Had a couple of follow up call/conversations to convince them to give me the job. Everyone I met in the office was really nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Didn't think I was qualified for the job, although I knew I totally was, so had to really convince him to hire me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate for a higher base salary as the owner paid all reps the same base, but they he did pay a draw against future commission for the first few months to help me get started. Was also able to earn the occasional cash bonus by doing spur of the moment negotiations with the owner. Example -- "If I can bring in X number of sales in the next 24 hours, will you give me Y? Yes."

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Culver City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in February 2012.

Interview Details – They only make you do one interview. Then 2 weeks of training that is so hard. They want you memorize everything word for word. In the office everyone is on pins and needles waiting to be fired.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. take it or leave it

Sales MGT Interview

Sales MGT
Largo, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in March 2009.

Interview Details – face to face with several senior leadership individuals

Negotiation Details – simple straight forward

Process Lead Interview

Process Lead
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position. A few days later a HR representative called and did a quick phone interview. A few days after that, she called again for a 1:1 interview with her. After that I interviewed with two Process Managers who interviewed me in a room and then as we walked the facility. A short while later I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Normal questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, how do you deal with difficult people and situations. No curve balls.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered and I took it. The salary was good enough not to mess with.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Largo, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for job online, received communication (can't remember if it was a phone call or email) from HR to set up a phone interview. Had phone interview with department supervisor and was then asked to come in for an in-person interview and skills test. Skills test was conducted by HR and I was tested in systems that the position would require daily use of. The in-person interview was with supervisor and department director in the same room.

The dress code seemed a little more casual than what I was used to in a business setting; I wore a suit for my interview and felt extremely overdressed. Better than not looking sharp enough, I suppose.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the position by HR, and the salary offered was higher than what I was told it would be when I was in for my interview. I did try to ask for more money but was told that because of my experience, the offer I received was higher than what they initially wanted to pay for this position. I was able to negotiate time off (one week) that would take place before I was there long enough to have accrued that many vacation hours.

Office Personnel Interview

Office Personnel
Hinsdale, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in October 2008.

Interview Details – Learned about the position online. Sent resume and cover letter. Was contacted within a week or two. Went in for a one on one interview which mostly consisted of listening to the interviewer talk about themselves. Since I was prepared with the standard interview answers, I tried to squeeze a few in. Realized this person really just wanted to talk about themselves, I just remained attentive and was called back for a second interview with other managers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   View Answer
  • How do you handle deadlines/stress/competing priorities?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't much opportunity to negotiate, as the budget for the position was already determined.

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Consultant Interview

Marketing Consultant
McLean, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – The Operations Manager and the co owner interview you. It is brief. I contacted the main corporation to find the contact and called to set up an interview. The other employees seem to constantly be concerned about their position. New candidates should not waist their time on getting this company. Large accounts and corporate accounts are held by 1 senior sales person and the co owner. And any office that only looks at general appearance based on age is not a healthy enviorment to work for. They will never produce a stable, long term relationship with you and value what you bring to the plate.

Interview Question – How much is it gonna cost me to hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation stage. The rate is based on how many contacts you have.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Valpak Direct Marketing Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Valpak Direct Marketing Systems Photos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Valpak Direct Marketing Systems employees and interview candidates.