Valpak Direct Marketing Systems

2.1

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in May 2013.

Great interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems.

Responded to an online ad, I believe, on Craigslist. Had a phone interview first. Then, was interviewed by the owner and then the manager. Nice folks. Typical interview. Had a couple of follow up call/conversations to convince them to give me the job. Everyone I met in the office was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't think I was qualified for the job, although I knew I totally was, so had to really convince him to hire me.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate for a higher base salary as the owner paid all reps the same base, but they he did pay a draw against future commission for the first few months to help me get started. Was also able to earn the occasional cash bonus by doing spur of the moment negotiations with the owner. Example -- "If I can bring in X number of sales in the next 24 hours, will you give me Y? Yes."

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in September 2012.

I called and asked for an interview, that is there policy in order to hear how you speak on the phone. Then I was called back by the owner and had a phone interview. At the end of the conversation he asked me to come in for a face to face interview and during that interview I spoke with him and the sales manager. They told me how it was going to be and they were right on. The next step was to do a ride along, I did and it was successful, I received a job offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you over came a huge obstacle and how you did it?   Answer Question
    There really was little negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in February 2012.

They only make you do one interview. Then 2 weeks of training that is so hard. They want you memorize everything word for word. In the office everyone is on pins and needles waiting to be fired.

No negotiation at all. take it or leave it

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in October 2010.

Found job in newspaper,went in for interview after speaking with someone over the phone and they hired me then and had to meet with the owner and then they also agreed to hire me on the spot

there was no negotioation

Process Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in October 2010.

I applied online for the position. A few days later a HR representative called and did a quick phone interview. A few days after that, she called again for a 1:1 interview with her. After that I interviewed with two Process Managers who interviewed me in a room and then as we walked the facility. A short while later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses, how do you deal with difficult people and situations. No curve balls.   View Answer
    They offered and I took it. The salary was good enough not to mess with.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in March 2010.

The Operations Manager and the co owner interview you. It is brief. I contacted the main corporation to find the contact and called to set up an interview. The other employees seem to constantly be concerned about their position. New candidates should not waist their time on getting this company. Large accounts and corporate accounts are held by 1 senior sales person and the co owner. And any office that only looks at general appearance based on age is not a healthy enviorment to work for. They will never produce a stable, long term relationship with you and value what you bring to the plate.

Interview Questions
    • How much is it gonna cost me to hire you?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation stage. The rate is based on how many contacts you have.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in January 2010.

Applied for job online, received communication (can't remember if it was a phone call or email) from HR to set up a phone interview. Had phone interview with department supervisor and was then asked to come in for an in-person interview and skills test. Skills test was conducted by HR and I was tested in systems that the position would require daily use of. The in-person interview was with supervisor and department director in the same room.

The dress code seemed a little more casual than what I was used to in a business setting; I wore a suit for my interview and felt extremely overdressed. Better than not looking sharp enough, I suppose.

Interview Questions
    I was offered the position by HR, and the salary offered was higher than what I was told it would be when I was in for my interview. I did try to ask for more money but was told that because of my experience, the offer I received was higher than what they initially wanted to pay for this position. I was able to negotiate time off (one week) that would take place before I was there long enough to have accrued that many vacation hours.

Sales MGT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in March 2009.

face to face with several senior leadership individuals

simple straight forward

Office Personnel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hinsdale, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Valpak Direct Marketing Systems in October 2008.

Learned about the position online. Sent resume and cover letter. Was contacted within a week or two. Went in for a one on one interview which mostly consisted of listening to the interviewer talk about themselves. Since I was prepared with the standard interview answers, I tried to squeeze a few in. Realized this person really just wanted to talk about themselves, I just remained attentive and was called back for a second interview with other managers.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the company?   View Answer
    • How do you handle deadlines/stress/competing priorities?   View Answer
    There really wasn't much opportunity to negotiate, as the budget for the position was already determined.