Valspar Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
21 interviews

2.5

Chemist I Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Valspar in June 2014.

The interview was 1:1 on campus, about 40 mins. I was asked to introduce my research work first, and then some technical questions followed by behavioral. The interviewer introduced the position in details and the organization of the R&D.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult problem you encountered in your research and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Valspar.

Very friendly, not a lot of challenging questions asked it was more of a conversation, they really described what you would be doing and then expected you to ask a lot more questions, be sure to have plenty of questions because of this and show off your work experience

Interview Questions
    • oddly enough there was no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Chemist II Interview

It's long. One to one face talk every hour. You will feel very tired especially when you are asked very tough questions. They are friendly at first, however, after they decided not to give an offer, everything changed.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever feel stressed? How did you go through?   View Answer

Distribution Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Romeoville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Romeoville, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Valspar in May 2014.

I was initially contact by a staffing agency for the position. The screening process went very well. I had a phone screen and subsequent face to face interview with the HR manager who was wonderful to work with. The next step was a site interview with the hiring manger and company engineer. I was with both for about four hours total. Facility was great; engineer was very knowledgeable and considerate. I used the phrase "chain of command”. After a total of 8 hours of interviewing was told that made me sound to militaristic! Perhaps the 12 years of military service outlined on my resume would have given that away. A total waste of time. Hiring manager stated she encouraged me to join groups related to logistics as she would not be my mentor if she hired me as she would be too busy to lead teach and coach.

QC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Valspar in May 2012.

Easy Interview, was very straightforward. Was not to hard in the sense that the questions never went beyond your reach. Easier to ask more questions to the interview giver to keep the pressure off yourself.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Valspar.

The time from the first telephone interview to hire was a very long process, 5-weeks total. Hiring managers were pleasant, but decisions moved to slowly. I was surprised by how many steps were involved to get this job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle working with difficult people and how I handle stress   View Answer
    Since I was recruited and already had a job that I loved I was able to negotiate a good salary.

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Hired through temporary agency with benefits, and competitive pay, got job offer with company after 4 months of working there

Territory Manager Interview

hiring process was not difficult

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation…

Operator II Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Valspar.

Lengthy, but they have a standard they got which doesn't always allow the best hires.

Lab Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Valspar.

There was none. Got called to come in for an interview and when I got there I was given a tour of the facility then given the job.

n/a

Worked for Valspar? Contribute to the Community!