Valspar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chemist II Interview

Chemist II

Interviewed at Valspar

Interview Details – It's long. One to one face talk every hour. You will feel very tired especially when you are asked very tough questions. They are friendly at first, however, after they decided not to give an offer, everything changed.

Interview Question – Have you ever feel stressed? How did you go through?   View Answer

Distribution Center Manager Interview

Distribution Center Manager
Romeoville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Valspar in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially contact by a staffing agency for the position. The screening process went very well. I had a phone screen and subsequent face to face interview with the HR manager who was wonderful to work with. The next step was a site interview with the hiring manger and company engineer. I was with both for about four hours total. Facility was great; engineer was very knowledgeable and considerate. I used the phrase "chain of command”. After a total of 8 hours of interviewing was told that made me sound to militaristic! Perhaps the 12 years of military service outlined on my resume would have given that away. A total waste of time. Hiring manager stated she encouraged me to join groups related to logistics as she would not be my mentor if she hired me as she would be too busy to lead teach and coach.

Interview Question – Questions were standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

QC Technician Interview

QC Technician
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valspar in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy Interview, was very straightforward. Was not to hard in the sense that the questions never went beyond your reach. Easier to ask more questions to the interview giver to keep the pressure off yourself.

Interview Question – Why you want this position.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – The time from the first telephone interview to hire was a very long process, 5-weeks total. Hiring managers were pleasant, but decisions moved to slowly. I was surprised by how many steps were involved to get this job.

Interview Question – How do you handle working with difficult people and how I handle stress   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I was recruited and already had a job that I loved I was able to negotiate a good salary.

Lab Tech I Interview

Lab Tech I
Birmingham, AL

Interviewed at Valspar

Interview Details – Hired through temporary agency with benefits, and competitive pay, got job offer with company after 4 months of working there

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

Interview Details – hiring process was not difficult

Interview Question – as long as you know of the industry you will be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation…

Operator II Interview

Operator II

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – Lengthy, but they have a standard they got which doesn't always allow the best hires.

Interview Question – After you ever felt like quieting anything and why.   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

Lab Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – There was none. Got called to come in for an interview and when I got there I was given a tour of the facility then given the job.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – One interview with Regional Manager and another Regional Manager. Easy questions, no STAR Method, no situational. Very upfront description of day to day tasks.

Interview Question – How do you feel having no paint background selling to people who have been in the industy for over 30 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked, but they said there was no room to move on th base.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Co-Op Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Valspar in October 2013.

Interview Details – Short, 30-minute on-campus interview at my college. Standard interview questions. (Personality, etc.) No technical questions. Very relaxed.

Interview Question – Questions about resume.   Answer Question

Worked for Valspar? Contribute to the Community!