Valspar Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.5

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valspar.

Starts out with a phone interview and an interview process on site. The interview process on site is a panel interview and quite difficult. Questions range from behavioral to technical and the entire process lasts about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • How many M&Ms are needed to fill up a volkswagen beetle. Is there an easier way to calculate this   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valspar.

Two interviews. CareerBuilder is screening applicants so a sales background is essential. They're looking for folks with experience in the big box store arena. It isn't actually a sales job, as TMs are simply the middle man but they dress up the job to seem like a sales job. It's really an in-store service job. Experience in group training and teaching is helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straightforward. Nothing creative or inventive.   Answer Question
    None.....big mistake

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Valspar.

Submited resume through on campus recruiting channel. After a while, received the interview invitation. There were 2 back-to-back interviews. I interviewed with the head of M&A department and then with the head of treasury department.

Interview Questions
    • Actually it was difficult because the department of treasury seem to have no interest on me.   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Valspar.

Very friendly, not a lot of challenging questions asked it was more of a conversation, they really described what you would be doing and then expected you to ask a lot more questions, be sure to have plenty of questions because of this and show off your work experience

Interview Questions
    • oddly enough there was no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Chemist II Interview

It's long. One to one face talk every hour. You will feel very tired especially when you are asked very tough questions. They are friendly at first, however, after they decided not to give an offer, everything changed.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever feel stressed? How did you go through?   View Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Valspar.

The time from the first telephone interview to hire was a very long process, 5-weeks total. Hiring managers were pleasant, but decisions moved to slowly. I was surprised by how many steps were involved to get this job.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle working with difficult people and how I handle stress   View Answer
    Since I was recruited and already had a job that I loved I was able to negotiate a good salary.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valspar in June 2014.

Process was professional, balanced and thorough. Interviewer was prompt and respectful of the interviewee's time and experience. It was not only a question/answer session. The interviewer took the time to share a conversation with me, allowed me to ask questions and participated in basic chit chat that I believe, allows you to get to know who you future boss is and if this is a person you would enjoy working under.

Interview Questions
    • From my experience, the questions asked were typical for an interview process. There was the standard, "what would you do in ................ scenario" questions, along with questions specific to the brand, such as knowledge about different types of paint, as well as knowledge of Valspar and its company.   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Valspar in June 2014.

The interview was 1:1 on campus, about 40 mins. I was asked to introduce my research work first, and then some technical questions followed by behavioral. The interviewer introduced the position in details and the organization of the R&D.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult problem you encountered in your research and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Research and Development Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Valspar in June 2014.

Typically a half-day, or 3/4 day event. You meet with multiple people from different business groups. Question is will very depending on the interviewer. Sometimes unique, otherwise fairly standard. I have seen some candidates have to give a presentation at some point, but that is not the case with everyone.

Distribution Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romeoville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Romeoville, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Valspar in May 2014.

I was initially contact by a staffing agency for the position. The screening process went very well. I had a phone screen and subsequent face to face interview with the HR manager who was wonderful to work with. The next step was a site interview with the hiring manger and company engineer. I was with both for about four hours total. Facility was great; engineer was very knowledgeable and considerate. I used the phrase "chain of command”. After a total of 8 hours of interviewing was told that made me sound to militaristic! Perhaps the 12 years of military service outlined on my resume would have given that away. A total waste of time. Hiring manager stated she encouraged me to join groups related to logistics as she would not be my mentor if she hired me as she would be too busy to lead teach and coach.