Valspar

Lab Tech I Interview

Lab Tech I
Birmingham, AL

Interviewed at Valspar

Interview Details – Hired through temporary agency with benefits, and competitive pay, got job offer with company after 4 months of working there

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager

Interviewed at Valspar

Interview Details – hiring process was not difficult

Interview Question – as long as you know of the industry you will be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation…

Operator II Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – Lengthy, but they have a standard they got which doesn't always allow the best hires.

Interview Question – After you ever felt like quieting anything and why.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lab Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – There was none. Got called to come in for an interview and when I got there I was given a tour of the facility then given the job.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – One interview with Regional Manager and another Regional Manager. Easy questions, no STAR Method, no situational. Very upfront description of day to day tasks.

Interview Question – How do you feel having no paint background selling to people who have been in the industy for over 30 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked, but they said there was no room to move on th base.

Very Easy Interview

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Co-Op Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at Valspar in October 2013.

Interview Details – Short, 30-minute on-campus interview at my college. Standard interview questions. (Personality, etc.) No technical questions. Very relaxed.

Interview Question – Questions about resume.   Answer Question

Pro Sales Representative Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – Got a call for an interview and interviewed the next day. Was a real solid interview but unless you have a clean clean clean driving record you can forget about working for this company. Although its illegal to turn down candidates if they have a minor moving violation that was the only reason they had for turning this one away. After interview was told I would be contacted within 2 weeks. waited 2 weeks and didn't hear anything. On the third week emailed the person conducting the interview and never heard anything back. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – If your best friend was sitting and talking with us right now then I asked you to get up and leave the table and asked them what they really thought about you in one word, what do you think they would say?   View Answer

Chemist Interview

Chemist
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – HR interview -> Scientist interview -> on-site interview. It took about 5-6 hours to complete with different scientists and manager.

Interview Question – Not really difficult, not so many technical questions. But like what you did before, what you anticipate. They introduce a lot about the company and the lab thing.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Valspar in October 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview was on campus to discuss my resume. It was a fairly simple process with a few questions designed to understand my personality. For instance, one question asked whether I preferred a normal office desk job or would like to be out traveling and solving problems on sight.

Interview Question – Would you prefer a traditional office job or would you like to be on sight traveling to the client location?   Answer Question

Sales Technician - Lab Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Valspar.

Interview Details – No interview process - hired because I was a friend of a friend. I got a call and starting working the next week.

Interview Question – Just do has you are told and don't ask questions. Just do the job   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Valspar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valspar interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Valspar employees and interview candidates.