Valspar Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, in person interview with RSM about an hour with all the usual interview questions, third interview on phone with the divisional manager about half hour. Process took about one month until job offer after drug screen and driving record.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to valspar, have you spoken in front of a crowd (presentations and training background), have you had a sales goal and are you sales driven...   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valspar (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It went well and expecting a call. The manager was nice and we had a lot in common from the industry I came from. The equipment is very similar to what I am accustomed to.

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Standard phone screen interview on my experiences with lean and six sigma tools. The interviewer was polite and friendly. It sounds like a good company to work for. They are not only implementing six sigma in manufacturing but in the finance area and in information technology. After a phone screen, they will select candidates for on site interviews then make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example about an analysis that you completed using six sigma.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

First there was Phone Screen with HR.Then face to face with Regional Manager, and finally phone interview with Divisonal Manager from corporate. After passing that includes background check, and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valspar in April 2015.

Interview

First round on the phone with HR rep, brought in four 4 interviews in a row. Two from HR two from Marketing managers. After the second interview it Took about a month to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions, resume walkthrough, drilled down on work experience and exactly how it is applicable to the position.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Starts out with a phone interview and an interview process on site. The interview process on site is a panel interview and quite difficult. Questions range from behavioral to technical and the entire process lasts about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How many M&Ms are needed to fill up a volkswagen beetle. Is there an easier way to calculate this   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Two interviews. CareerBuilder is screening applicants so a sales background is essential. They're looking for folks with experience in the big box store arena. It isn't actually a sales job, as TMs are simply the middle man but they dress up the job to seem like a sales job. It's really an in-store service job. Experience in group training and teaching is helpful.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straightforward. Nothing creative or inventive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.....big mistake

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valspar (Malvern, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Casual interview in a hotel lobby with two district managers. It was more of a get to know you meeting. Having checked Valspar here at Glassdoor, I found that comments that it was a very male oriented culture were accurate.

Interview Questions

• What experience in my background would I be bringing to the position.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Submited resume through on campus recruiting channel. After a while, received the interview invitation. There were 2 back-to-back interviews. I interviewed with the head of M&A department and then with the head of treasury department.

Interview Questions

• Actually it was difficult because the department of treasury seem to have no interest on me.   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Very friendly, not a lot of challenging questions asked it was more of a conversation, they really described what you would be doing and then expected you to ask a lot more questions, be sure to have plenty of questions because of this and show off your work experience

Interview Questions

• oddly enough there was no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question