Valspar Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.5

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Valspar.

Interview

First there was Phone Screen with HR.Then face to face with Regional Manager, and finally phone interview with Divisonal Manager from corporate. After passing that includes background check, and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Starts out with a phone interview and an interview process on site. The interview process on site is a panel interview and quite difficult. Questions range from behavioral to technical and the entire process lasts about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• How many M&Ms are needed to fill up a volkswagen beetle. Is there an easier way to calculate this   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Two interviews. CareerBuilder is screening applicants so a sales background is essential. They're looking for folks with experience in the big box store arena. It isn't actually a sales job, as TMs are simply the middle man but they dress up the job to seem like a sales job. It's really an in-store service job. Experience in group training and teaching is helpful.

Interview Questions

• Fairly straightforward. Nothing creative or inventive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.....big mistake

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Valspar (Malvern, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Casual interview in a hotel lobby with two district managers. It was more of a get to know you meeting. Having checked Valspar here at Glassdoor, I found that comments that it was a very male oriented culture were accurate.

Interview Questions

• What experience in my background would I be bringing to the position.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Submited resume through on campus recruiting channel. After a while, received the interview invitation. There were 2 back-to-back interviews. I interviewed with the head of M&A department and then with the head of treasury department.

Interview Questions

• Actually it was difficult because the department of treasury seem to have no interest on me.   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Valspar.

Interview

Very friendly, not a lot of challenging questions asked it was more of a conversation, they really described what you would be doing and then expected you to ask a lot more questions, be sure to have plenty of questions because of this and show off your work experience

Interview Questions

• oddly enough there was no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Chemist II Interview

Interview

It's long. One to one face talk every hour. You will feel very tired especially when you are asked very tough questions. They are friendly at first, however, after they decided not to give an offer, everything changed.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever feel stressed? How did you go through?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Valspar (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The time from the first telephone interview to hire was a very long process, 5-weeks total. Hiring managers were pleasant, but decisions moved to slowly. I was surprised by how many steps were involved to get this job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with difficult people and how I handle stress   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was recruited and already had a job that I loved I was able to negotiate a good salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valspar in June 2014.

Interview

Process was professional, balanced and thorough. Interviewer was prompt and respectful of the interviewee's time and experience. It was not only a question/answer session. The interviewer took the time to share a conversation with me, allowed me to ask questions and participated in basic chit chat that I believe, allows you to get to know who you future boss is and if this is a person you would enjoy working under.

Interview Questions

• From my experience, the questions asked were typical for an interview process. There was the standard, "what would you do in ................ scenario" questions, along with questions specific to the brand, such as knowledge about different types of paint, as well as knowledge of Valspar and its company.   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Valspar in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was 1:1 on campus, about 40 mins. I was asked to introduce my research work first, and then some technical questions followed by behavioral. The interviewer introduced the position in details and the organization of the R&D.

Interview Questions

• What's the most difficult problem you encountered in your research and how you solved it?   Answer Question