Valtech Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2014
Updated Aug 15, 2014

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Valtech in July 2014.

Recruiter provided next to no details on what to expect and kept switching interview dates. Interviews were unorganized and an offer was made within 24 hours with no explanation around benefits.

Unprofessional interview process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Valtech.

Met with 3 people at the Valtech office separately. Two long interviews and a shorter chat with a person of the same discipline. There was only one round of interviews, all in the same day. I heard from the recruiter shortly after.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Valtech.

Lengthy interview process, visited offices twice, and two telephone interviews. Inefficient process. Was hired twice, accepted then told position was on hold because lack of funding. They called back and extended offer again only to rescind 3 days before start date because of funding. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, standard questions where you describe past experiences, specific jobs, etc. Questions like, what's your best project, worst, and why. Should be prepared to use whiteboard to explain a process or model. For example, if you know business process modeling or web architecture, you should know how to draw it out.   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Valtech in January 2014.

Tech focused interview. Met with the whole team in one session and got an offer that night. the place is growing and they are quick to hire when everything is lined up. The leadership is new and excited about the growth. they we literally knocking down a wall to the office next door for more space when i walked in. a very encouraging sign.

Interview Questions
    • How many flights into and out of chicago ohare airport in a year   View Answer
    quick and easy

Consultant - Grade I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Valtech in July 2014.

Hugh James from Mortimer Sprinks gave me the very interesting job profile and were full of of praise for the company itself. They gave me an coding assignment and we scheduled a telephone interview. The first thing I was really happy with: I had to use GitHub. The telephone interview was one of the best interviews I ever had. There were always this flair of "professional conversation" around although the other side was trying to find out if I am a good match. It was not that kind of interview where you get pre-prepared questions with a very strict pre-defined answer. We wering diving through my CV and discussing a couple of things in detail.
    After this interview it took a couple of weeks to find an appointment for a face-to-face interview. The problem was that I am located in the UK at the moment. So we had to find an arrangement to get me over and find a date where the needed persons are available. This was the only "negative" thing I had during the whole process. It really took time.
    At the end, we've found a date and I were in the Valtech UK HQ for the first time. This interview was another technical interview. I had to do an hands-on test. I've got a couple of Java classes which I had to implement. In addition, a couple of non-complete unit tests were waiting for my help. During this test I had to talk about my ideas and things I am going to do. My interviewer was always helpful and we had some really inspriring discussions.
    In addition to this hands-on test I had to show some architecture overviews of my previous projects. Based on this we had discussions on things like CI or deployment processes.
    Once this interview was done, the last interview were scheduled. This was some kind of "does-he-really-fits-into-the-company" interview. We were going through some steps in my CV on a more high-level point of view and my intentions to move to England and work for Valtech. Also a couple questions around methodologies were asked and I had the chance to ask questions regarding organisational things like trainings, conferences, traveling and so on.

Interview Questions
    • As all questions were based on my previous experiences and the things I am currently looking at beside the technologies I use in my current position, there was no real difficult or unexpected question. The toughest one, because it was a long time ago I had to deal with other web service types like SOAP, was this one: What is REST and why have you used it instead of other web services?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Valtech.

It is an IT consulting firm. I had an interview with two senior consultants and most of the questions they asked were fit based. One of the consultants asked some specifics on WiFi markets and its international development progress. Like how I would measure the speed of wireless broadband network or something. It was a bit tough since I was business student. But they liked me and I was hired as intern.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some IT related technical questions... which I had no clue how to answer.. but they understood I came from business background so it was all good.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Interview process is excellent

Interview Questions
    • How do you differentiate Agile Architecture from traditional Architecture   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Valtech in August 2008.

1 phone interview and one site

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with dynamic changed requirement   View Answer

the company is not stable

Software Engineer - I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valtech in October 2011.

Hiring process was perfectly fine. I got feedback very quickly. Entire hiring & interview process took time of just 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wish to join Valtech ? What new challenges do you expect to have in Valtech ?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Valtech in August 2011.

The recruiting phase is in three to four steps depending on your position.

1) informal talk with 2 persons, team-owner and personal manager, do you fit in the organisation talk.
    2) presentation of solution to a given assignment, 2 reviewers with technical background
    3) maybe another presentation if you apply for project management or higher position
    3) contract negotiation with the director

Interview Questions

Worked for Valtech? Contribute to the Community!