Valtech

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Valtech.

Interview Details – Lengthy interview process, visited offices twice, and two telephone interviews. Inefficient process. Was hired twice, accepted then told position was on hold because lack of funding. They called back and extended offer again only to rescind 3 days before start date because of funding. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, standard questions where you describe past experiences, specific jobs, etc. Questions like, what's your best project, worst, and why. Should be prepared to use whiteboard to explain a process or model. For example, if you know business process modeling or web architecture, you should know how to draw it out.   Answer Question

Project Director Interview

Project Director
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Valtech in January 2014.

Interview Details – Tech focused interview. Met with the whole team in one session and got an offer that night. the place is growing and they are quick to hire when everything is lined up. The leadership is new and excited about the growth. they we literally knocking down a wall to the office next door for more space when i walked in. a very encouraging sign.

Interview Question – How many flights into and out of chicago ohare airport in a year   View Answer

Negotiation Details – quick and easy

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Valtech.

Interview Details – It is an IT consulting firm. I had an interview with two senior consultants and most of the questions they asked were fit based. One of the consultants asked some specifics on WiFi markets and its international development progress. Like how I would measure the speed of wireless broadband network or something. It was a bit tough since I was business student. But they liked me and I was hired as intern.

Interview Question – They asked some IT related technical questions... which I had no clue how to answer.. but they understood I came from business background so it was all good.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Software Architect

Interviewed at Valtech

Interview Details – Interview process is excellent

Interview Question – How do you differentiate Agile Architecture from traditional Architecture   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Valtech in August 2008.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and one site

Interview Question – how to deal with dynamic changed requirement   View Answer

Reason for Declining – the company is not stable

Software Engineer - I Interview

Software Engineer - I
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valtech in October 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was perfectly fine. I got feedback very quickly. Entire hiring & interview process took time of just 1 week.

Interview Question – Why do you wish to join Valtech ? What new challenges do you expect to have in Valtech ?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Valtech in August 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiting phase is in three to four steps depending on your position.

1) informal talk with 2 persons, team-owner and personal manager, do you fit in the organisation talk.
2) presentation of solution to a given assignment, 2 reviewers with technical background
3) maybe another presentation if you apply for project management or higher position
3) contract negotiation with the director

Interview Question – your weakness questions and how you cope with them   Answer Question

Senior Consultant II Interview

Senior Consultant II
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Valtech in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview fairly straightforward. Conversational, discussion of previous experience and projects, evidence of previous work.

Information on likely location of client sites and overall working hours could have been better represented.

Base office fairly empty most of the time as most of the consultants are offsite most of the time - so not the best for those looking for a lively home base atmosphere - pretty quiet. Some nice basic features provided for tea, coffee and snacks.

Interview Question – What do you know about us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation contact was reasonably flexible on the elements of the package which were obviously below par in the first place, such as holiday leave

.NET Developer Interview

.NET Developer
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Valtech in April 2009.

Interview Details – A recruiter first calls up and spends half an hour discussing consultancy roles and if you are a good fit. You are then sent a link to around 4 online tests covering all programming areas and .NET in majority. The tests are very tough but if you pass you are called to a face to face interview.

In the face to face interview a Senior consultant will spend an hour digging very deep into the .NET architecture and make you write lots of code on a white board including algorithms like Fibonacci etc.

After this a director will spend 30 mins delving even deeper into programming aspects with more white board code scribbling.

You then spend half an hour with HR director going through behavioural and personality questioning.

Interview Questions

Worked for Valtech? Contribute to the Community!