Value City Furniture

Relevance Date Difficulty

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Vienna, WV

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty standard. brought em in, filled out a secondary application (even though I had given them a comprehensive resume) and then asked em basic questiosn about former positions and the position I was applying for.

Interview Question – What is your biggest flaw? (hate that one)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I actually did not decline, I was offered the job, then it was taken away at the last moment because corporate decided to remove the position. (classy move)

Manager of IT Interview

Manager of IT
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in June 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview, then in person with IT Director then with CIO

Interview Question – How would you handle difficult people.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was not hard. I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Return to Vendor Clerk Interview

Return to Vendor Clerk
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Value City Furniture in July 2008.

Interview Details – hired at job fair basic retail oquestions, took dummy test ie. do you steal do you do drugs,what would you do if you saw someone stealing?the job fair was attended by department managers and district manager.Short interview drug screenbackground check.It wasn't like brain surgery it is just a retail postion.

Interview Question – what would you do if you saw someone stealing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation was offered postion for hourly wage

Corporate Interview

Corporate
Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in February 2009.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews; took many levels of personnel to make a decision.

Interview Question – Describe past relevant exeperiences   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable

Driver/Warehouse Interview

Driver/Warehouse

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in August 2008.

Interview Details – Very extensive, takes too long to get hired. Must have a two year medical card to drive, wile this is ok when you apply as a driver itisnot ok when you try climb the ladder and find out you can only get a one year because of prior medical, and can not be promoted.

Interview Question – Have you ever been convicted of a crime.   Answer Question

Home Furnishing Consultant Interview

Home Furnishing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in October 2008.

Interview Details – Posted my resume on a job board with interest in sales. A recruiter contacted me by phone to schedule a phone interview. Aced the phone interview was then scheduled to take an online assesment test. After that was scheduled to meet with the store manager. Met with the store manager then interviewed with the operations and sales manager the same day. I spent atleast 2 hours at the store. Was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you or how well are you at selling add-ons. Ex. extended warranies, stainsafe protection and bedgaurds.   View Answer
  • What is your technique in getting a customer to purchase an add-on?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When I would or could start.

Worked for Value City Furniture? Contribute to the Community!