Value City Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2014

2.5

Home Furnishing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Value City Furniture.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with Sales Manager. I was asked a series of questions in a very direct way. The people that worked in the office were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why do you want to work at Value City Furniture?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Value City Furniture (Vienna, WV) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. brought em in, filled out a secondary application (even though I had given them a comprehensive resume) and then asked em basic questiosn about former positions and the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

I actually did not decline, I was offered the job, then it was taken away at the last moment because corporate decided to remove the position. (classy move)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Value City Furniture in November 2011.

Interview

There can be one to two interviews depending on what the first manager's impression was of you or if they are on the fence. Its best to know someone to get hired in. It goes a lot fast and insures getting hired.

Manager of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Value City Furniture (Columbus, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

phone interview, then in person with IT Director then with CIO

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was not hard. I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Value City Furniture (Columbus, OH) in February 2009.

Interview

3 Interviews; took many levels of personnel to make a decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable

Return to Vendor Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Value City Furniture (Chicago, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

hired at job fair basic retail oquestions, took dummy test ie. do you steal do you do drugs,what would you do if you saw someone stealing?the job fair was attended by department managers and district manager.Short interview drug screenbackground check.It wasn't like brain surgery it is just a retail postion.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation was offered postion for hourly wage

Home Furnishing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Value City Furniture in October 2008.

Interview

Posted my resume on a job board with interest in sales. A recruiter contacted me by phone to schedule a phone interview. Aced the phone interview was then scheduled to take an online assesment test. After that was scheduled to meet with the store manager. Met with the store manager then interviewed with the operations and sales manager the same day. I spent atleast 2 hours at the store. Was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you or how well are you at selling add-ons. Ex. extended warranies, stainsafe protection and bedgaurds.   1 Answer
    • What is your technique in getting a customer to purchase an add-on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When I would or could start.

Driver/Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Value City Furniture in August 2008.

Interview

Very extensive, takes too long to get hired. Must have a two year medical card to drive, wile this is ok when you apply as a driver itisnot ok when you try climb the ladder and find out you can only get a one year because of prior medical, and can not be promoted.