Value City Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.7

Home Furnishing Consultant Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Value City Furniture.

I had a one-on-one interview with Sales Manager. I was asked a series of questions in a very direct way. The people that worked in the office were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why do you want to work at Value City Furniture?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vienna, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, WV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in August 2013.

Interview was pretty standard. brought em in, filled out a secondary application (even though I had given them a comprehensive resume) and then asked em basic questiosn about former positions and the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

I actually did not decline, I was offered the job, then it was taken away at the last moment because corporate decided to remove the position. (classy move)

Manager of IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in June 2009.

phone interview, then in person with IT Director then with CIO

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle difficult people.   View Answer
    It was not hard. I told them what I wanted and they gave it to me.

Return to Vendor Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Value City Furniture in July 2008.

hired at job fair basic retail oquestions, took dummy test ie. do you steal do you do drugs,what would you do if you saw someone stealing?the job fair was attended by department managers and district manager.Short interview drug screenbackground check.It wasn't like brain surgery it is just a retail postion.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you saw someone stealing?   View Answer
    no negotiation was offered postion for hourly wage

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in February 2009.

3 Interviews; took many levels of personnel to make a decision.

Non-Negotiable

Driver/Warehouse Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in August 2008.

Very extensive, takes too long to get hired. Must have a two year medical card to drive, wile this is ok when you apply as a driver itisnot ok when you try climb the ladder and find out you can only get a one year because of prior medical, and can not be promoted.

Home Furnishing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Value City Furniture in October 2008.

Posted my resume on a job board with interest in sales. A recruiter contacted me by phone to schedule a phone interview. Aced the phone interview was then scheduled to take an online assesment test. After that was scheduled to meet with the store manager. Met with the store manager then interviewed with the operations and sales manager the same day. I spent atleast 2 hours at the store. Was offered the job 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you or how well are you at selling add-ons. Ex. extended warranies, stainsafe protection and bedgaurds.   View Answer
    • What is your technique in getting a customer to purchase an add-on?   View Answer
    When I would or could start.

Worked for Value City Furniture? Contribute to the Community!