Value Line

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Value Line.

Interview Details – math and writing exam followed by interviews

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase

Developer Interview

Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Value Line in August 2008.

Interview Details – You had to take some sort of IQ test. I got an 85%.

Interview Question – It had a calculus question on it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company's position was take it or leave it. The seemed to imply there are many more where you (meaing me came from).

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Value Line in October 2012.

Interview Details – I hesitantly interviewed at Value Line because after reviewing their website I wasn't sure if they were serious about digital media. Straight to the point, their website looks like it hasn't been updated since 1999.

I took two test, one was a Wonderlic test and the other was math I think they created themselves. I didn't ace them but I did get through. The entire time I was taking the test I thinking about the reviews I saw on this site, Glassdoor. Putting the state of their website together with taking this test made me realize that this wasn't the place for me.

I went through with the interview and it was a basic rundown of my experience: where do I see myself in 5 years, testing my knowledge in web media, more about HTML (No CSS, Flash, Mobile, or anyrhing else other than HTML, Video)

The tone of the interview was strange. It was almost if they didn't believe me or my resume and that I was lying and had to prove it to them that I wasn't. After going deeper into my experience having worked in online and mobile media it was very clear that the job I was applying for was a maintenance positon.

At that point they lost me.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Value Line?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – This was going to be an uphill battle with regards to getting the site up to current standards. Mobile, Social, anything innovative you can forget about it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Junior Research Analyst
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Value Line in January 2010.

Interview Details – I received an email back from the HR dept and came in and took an IQ test with 12 math questions and then another longer math test. Then they gave me two company's annual stockholder reports and told me to write a 2 page analysis on whether I would invest in the company or not.

Interview Question – The exams were timed.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Value Line in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the assistant IT director, and then was supposed to meet with IT director. Frankly, I think I overwhelmed the assistant. He was only in the job 3 months, and I had years more experiece then he did. I never made it to the IT director. Was told I wasn't hands on enough.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult. I had more technical knowledge than the person interviewing me.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Value Line? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Value Line interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Value Line employees and interview candidates.