Value Line Interview Questions

2.6

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Value Line.

math and writing exam followed by interviews

no negotiation phase

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Value Line in August 2008.

You had to take some sort of IQ test. I got an 85%.

Interview Questions
    The company's position was take it or leave it. The seemed to imply there are many more where you (meaing me came from).

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Value Line in October 2012.

I hesitantly interviewed at Value Line because after reviewing their website I wasn't sure if they were serious about digital media. Straight to the point, their website looks like it hasn't been updated since 1999.

I took two test, one was a Wonderlic test and the other was math I think they created themselves. I didn't ace them but I did get through. The entire time I was taking the test I thinking about the reviews I saw on this site, Glassdoor. Putting the state of their website together with taking this test made me realize that this wasn't the place for me.

I went through with the interview and it was a basic rundown of my experience: where do I see myself in 5 years, testing my knowledge in web media, more about HTML (No CSS, Flash, Mobile, or anyrhing else other than HTML, Video)

The tone of the interview was strange. It was almost if they didn't believe me or my resume and that I was lying and had to prove it to them that I wasn't. After going deeper into my experience having worked in online and mobile media it was very clear that the job I was applying for was a maintenance positon.

At that point they lost me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Value Line?   View Answer

This was going to be an uphill battle with regards to getting the site up to current standards. Mobile, Social, anything innovative you can forget about it.

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Value Line in January 2010.

I received an email back from the HR dept and came in and took an IQ test with 12 math questions and then another longer math test. Then they gave me two company's annual stockholder reports and told me to write a 2 page analysis on whether I would invest in the company or not.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Value Line in November 2009.

Interviewed with the assistant IT director, and then was supposed to meet with IT director. Frankly, I think I overwhelmed the assistant. He was only in the job 3 months, and I had years more experiece then he did. I never made it to the IT director. Was told I wasn't hands on enough.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't difficult. I had more technical knowledge than the person interviewing me.   Answer Question

Worked for Value Line? Contribute to the Community!