Value Partners

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

Internship
Milano (Italy)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Value Partners.

Interview Details – Basic introduction and questions from the CV. After that, some juniors made me some business cases, quiz
Including a business case scenario with some figures and then several intelligent quiz. mostly they just want to see how you come up with the answer instead of how fast you are able to give them an answer.

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Value Partners in May 2012.

Interview Details – First part in English the second one in Italian.
Mostly questions about personality and motivation.
IT lasted approximately 45 minutes

Interview Question – Very simple questions, no one was really difficult or hard.   Answer Question

Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Value Partners in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was looking for the consulting positions in Mangement Consulting firms. While I was searching for that kind of firms in Turkey I saw Value Partners and asked about it to my friends. I tried to apply online but because of the problem that web site has I was unable to send. Then I decided to find the HR guy from linkedin. I've asked him if the problem in web site will be fixed. He said I can take your application via mail. I've sent my CV to him. After 20 days I've been called for an interview. The interviewer first asked me about my background and then talked about Value Partners'. Then he asked me two case study question. One of them was included quantitative questions. The other was more verbal. I answered both of them. I think I was more succesful on quantitative one. In the verbal question it was very difficult to reach the solution. But I think they we more looking to the questions that you ask to reach the solution. He said there will be 2 more interview and the interview with partner and an offer. I hope I can see all the phases.

Interview Questions

Istanbul (Turkey)

The process took a day - interviewed at Value Partners in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consists of personal experience questions and a business case.
The interviewer was not structured, and the interviewer was not prepared for the interview. There was not an actual case, but the interviewer made it up the case and all the number during the interviewer. Therefore it was really hard to form a structure. The feedback was not helpful. (The only feedback was that I should write M instead of putting 6 zeros which was funny:)
The interviewer was continuously comparing their firm with Mckinsey, makes me feel like she still has a pain from her rejection from Mckinsey:)

Interview Questions

Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Value Partners in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with CV screening and then we were invited to a case day which consisted of only 1 case and a presentation completed as a group of 4 or 5. They provided detailed information on case and most of the people from the office was present there. They observed our soft skills at all times. The caseday was fun and there was a coctail at the end of the they were we get a chance to learn about the office and people. Then we were invited for 2 distinct one to one interviews. The first one was quite generic, however I was asked a brean teaser question and then I did a case of competitive response and game theory. The second one was a fascinating interview which was mainly finance based and extremeley hard. I learned a lot from this interview and I was really challanged, it took around 2.5 hours and I had no idea how it went. The final interview was a discussion with the Turkish partner, it took about 30-45 minutes where we discussed my personality, past experiences and my questions about consulting. As a comparison with other consulting firms, I might say that this was the only company which is interested in my personality, personal motives and desires, and my willingness for consulting. I liked everyone I met here and enjoyed the interviewing process a lot. It's a small office and it has a great atmosphere which you felt at every second of interviewing process. I especially recommend the second round interview since it has aspects which everyone can learn from.

Interview Question – Very open ended question on finance   View Answer

Worked for Value Partners? Contribute to the Community!