Value Village Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.5

Production Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Value Village (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief interview going over my experience in retail and customer service. Asked basic questions about conflict in the workplace and daily activities in previous jobs. I was asked about how I handled difficult situations and what I did to remedy them. A lot of focus on multitasking. I was given a tour the same day and a few days later I came back to see the production team in action and going over job details. I asked the wage over the phone but was not told, instead she said to write down any questions I had so we can address them when I saw her again. After the second tour, I was able to start a few days later. The interview process was relatively easy but there were a few questions I should warn you to be prepared for. They will ask about your previous coworkers and mgmt. The worst part of the interview process was probably the insane IQ test they mandate upon submitting your resume and job history. The job is completely brainless, all motor skill and physically demanding tasks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day at your previous job   1 Answer
    • Explain a situation where a coworker or manager was dishonest or immoral.   1 Answer
    • Was there a time that you were required to multitask?   1 Answer

Cashier/Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Value Village (Everett, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had to wait ten minutes for the actual interview to start. Everything was unorganized and people kept interpreting the process.the manager was nice though. Asked a lot of questions and didn't say anything about my piercings.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when someone did something dangerous or unethical at work   Answer Question
    • What did you do in a normal day's work?   Answer Question
    • How important was it to keep a clean and organized work environment   Answer Question

Got a higher paying job at winco

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Value Village (Mooresville, NC).

Interview

My friend worked here and she eecomended me I applied on Sunday and got a call on Wednesday. I went in I didn't have an interview I was hired right away filed out paperwork and that was it. Was trained that same day and worked that night.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they said I was going to get payed $8.25 an hour buy on my check I was paid $7.25 an hour I asked the manager and she said that mornin shift are the only ones that hey paid more.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Value Village (Tigard, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application. Recieved a call 6 weeks later. Had an interview with the retail sales manager and the general manager. The interview went well (only because I read Glassdoor prior interview questions) I was asked 6 behavioral questions. From both managers. "Telll me about a time you saw a coworker do something wrong" Just be prepared for those type of questions. I recieved an offer, but declined due to a better career opprotunity. For a thrift store the interview process is a bit too long in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....   1 Answer

Another career opportunity.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Value Village in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called about 4 days later. There was a short interview over the phone about my flexibility and past work experience and was asked to come in for an interview 2 days later. The interview started with him showing me the back room and telling me about how value village sorts items that come into the store and what you would do if you would be working in that back room as a sorter. After that was over, he led me to his office and had a clipboard with questions to ask and wrote down notes as I answered the questions. Almost all of the questions started with "Give me an example when...." and some were questions asking me what would I do if this certain situation occurred.

Interview Questions

• The questions where I had to provide an example of a certain situation that has happened to me because I was a bit nervous so it made it kind of hard for me to remember things on the spot   Answer Question

Production Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Value Village.

Interview

The interviewing process was great! I actually was very impressed! Very nicely done. The company did have a 3 people interview process. Each person that interviewed me was very profensal and they made me feel at ease with them.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question was "Where do you see your self 5years from now?"   Answer Question

Corporate IT Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Value Village in June 2014.

Interview

Very direct in an array of questions. I was questioned about recruiting, vendor management, and team work. The entire process was very smooth and collaborative. My manager is a wonderful to work with - gets my humor and when I use it. She is inspirational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very smooth and collaborative.

Assistant Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Value Village.

Interview

I had already worked here for four years when i was interviewed for this position, so I had a 'foot' in the door. Still though, it is nerve racking to be sitting in a room with your District Manager and Human Resources Manager. They were nice though and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Value Village.

Interview

No real hiring process. Dsitrict Manager will interview and ask random questions and work experience and customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is the salary. take or leave it.

Front End Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Value Village in April 2013.

Interview

I Applied online and had an interview with the Store Manager within a week and a half. I got a call back that same day to interview with the District Manager the next week. The next call I got was for a back ground check, that took a week. And the last call I got was to offer me a position. Just basic retail questions, nothing hard about it at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I knew what they could give me and they offered me pay that I asked for.