ValueClick

www.valueclick.com

ValueClick Interview Questions

2.8

Media Delivery Manager Interview

I would like to ask an anonymous question: does this company (now called Conversant Media) drug test employment applicants? I already received a first round interview for a position with the company and would like to know what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about this position? How would you say your specific professional skills are suited to this role?   Answer Question

Vice President, IT Operations Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at ValueClick.

I participated in both a phone and on-site interview. For the on-site interview I met with 5 individuals in 3 different sessions. For the most part, everyone that I spoke with was very positive in nature and very pleasant. There was one individual that didn't seem to fit into the organizations culture.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real difficult questions.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ValueClick.

LinkedIn recruiter reached out to me directly. Very easy to work with and process moved quickly. Had two phone interviews and then an in person interview and had a job offer within a month. In person interview was good and I was able to meet staff which gave me confidence I would get an offer.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a higher than normal salary.

Support Postion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ValueClick in October 2013.

I have never experienced such a positive beginning and such a bitter taste at the end. During the whole process I was given positive feed back after several phone interviews, face-to-face interviews and emails. For almost a month it was positive feedback from the recruiters, hr representatives and other employees. In the end, they never called or emailed back to say they went with another candidate(s) or that the position was put on hold. No contact at all. Almost 8 hours of my time wasted for nothing and they could not spend 2 minutes to compose a simple email.

Interview Questions
    • The final interviewer was demeaning and unprofessional.   Answer Question

Publisher Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at ValueClick.

Initially was given a phone interview, but it sounded like the recruiter was merely a generalist attempting to pick my brain about what the position entailed. She was doing job analysis for a job description. Actually, I was way ahead of the curve at the time getting phone interviews left and right by more than a few corporate recruiters. Unfortunately, I had two interviews setup on the same day and had to reschedule for another day.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult case of the situation was realizing that the rescheduling did not go through as planned feeling as if consultative knowledge or know-how was freely given away.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ValueClick.

Dropped resume online through their website and was contacted by HR. Interviewed with HR over phone and they scheduled an in-person interview in their office at Monrovia.
    I interviewed with marketing manager, manager from IT department and director of that office.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult.
      HR asked about my experience and background. Why this position.
      Marketing manager asked about my experience, examples for teamwork, leadership, failure/challenge, a project that I took self initiative in that led to result, a case question-how many windows are there in this area.
      IT manager asked about my resume, technical terms about Google Analytics, my experience related to this position.
      Director also asked about my background, experience, what is the thing that I am most proud of myself.

Everyone in the office seems nice.

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ValueClick.

Two phone interviews in a period of 2 weeks with Senior S/w Engg Manager and Senior S/w Engg. I was given a code challenge.
    Then I was called for F2F interview. It included both 1:1 and group panel sessions. I was asked to do a whiteboard session. Write a word wrap program for a given string. Clean code n exception handling were all expected. I was also asked to solve a given design problem.

Interview Questions
    • Don't be surprised if u r bombarded with so many questions even before you complete a single sentence.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ValueClick.

Great recruitment team! Very professional, personable and knowledgeable

Interview Questions
    • They don't only look at experience fit but also cultural fit.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ValueClick in July 2008.

pretty easy...they interview more for personality fit...than professional accomplishments. Their office environment is more paternal...parties, social engagements...rather than strategic and professional. Discussed with internal HR (easy)...then onto sales managers (Easier)...then onto VP level (easiest) and above...who to the best of my knowledge asked me nothing that required any original thought. It is VERY important for them that you LIKE them.

Interview Questions
    • an engineer drew a picture of an F-14 fighter and drew four arrows away from the plane and asked me to define the direction the arrows pointed.   View Answers (3)
    you can push them around pretty easily...got a huge base...large ramp up...and negotiated account list. Did not offer equity.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ValueClick in March 2011.

Behavioral questions and standard "walk me through your resume" questions.