ValueOptions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014
Updated Aug 30, 2014

2.4

Data Analyst II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ValueOptions in July 2014.

I applied to the job through the company website within 48 hours of the job being posted. I got a call from the supervisor a couple of days later. We had a fairly informal, friendly 20-minute conversation/phone interview (see "Negotiation" info below, as this was brought up), and I was asked if I could come in later that week to meet with her. The in-person interview went very well, and included a (surprise) Excel test in the end. I was given a tour of the department and introduced to a few people, then went home feeling great about my chances. I got a call a little over a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard interview questions, with nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    I was told in the first phone interview what the salary was, as she wanted to make sure we were on the same page. I respected her up-frontness, and the final offer was as expected, which was decent and I accepted it.

Licensed Triage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ValueOptions in September 2011.

I was contacted via email. I called to respond to a recruiter; she set up a telephonic interview for me. After that, a face-to-face interview took place at the office floor where I ten worked.

Interview Questions
    • I was well prepared and did not find any questions difficult or unexpected.
      I told the recruiter that I was seeking employment with a culture of kindness; the actuality was the opposite, not only for myself but all others with whom I spoke. I would not have accepted the job if I had known.
        View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The recruiter with whom I had originally spoke called me to let me know that I had the job.

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ValueOptions.

Great interview. Staff seemed really nice. Supervisor was extremely talkative and ranty, struggled to stay awake during the last minutes. Supervisor seemed really easy to read and probably wouldn't have spent as much time with me if she didn't feel like I was a good candidate. Offered the job days later, then was told to submit a drug test.

Interview Questions

Offered another position at a different company.

HEDIS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at ValueOptions.

Was introduced to this psoition through a temp agency. This is their primary method of hiring for this department/position. I went in for an interview, there was great chemistry, some hard questions but nothing too unexpected for the job description as she made she to tell abotu the job in detail before asking you questions. The questions were mostly directly relevant to not only past experience, but also ability to handle the types of situations and frustrations that would occur during the position.

Interview Questions
    • One that may be difficult for some is the question of how you would handle dealing with applicaitons and systems that were still under develeopment or having issues, and if you could deal with the frustration of needing to complete a job when your own tools may be causing issues and hindering your work. Basically a questiion to give you an idea of what issues you might face, but also to see how you would handle that kind of barriers and what you would do productively to deal with the situation.   View Answer

This position paid very well (even with the temp agency taking a cut) but a different position at the same company had opened up that could become permanent (unlike this position). Also, the other position offered the option of working from home eventually.

Clinical Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

I applied online - interviewed at ValueOptions in October 2009.

The interview process was unusual in that I knew the clinical director. It was relatively painless. I met with her informally and then met with regional director for a more formal interview

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal with working in a non clinical position after having years in direct clinical care   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ValueOptions in September 2013.

One on one interview with the Director of Customer Service.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions regarding experience, expectations and personal back ground.   Answer Question
    none.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ValueOptions.

Was called and told upfront how much was the salary and that there was no negotiation. Manager set up a meeting. Meeting was fine with the manager. Met with the director. It also went very well.

Interview Questions
    They made sure I understood at the very beginning that they would not negotiate on salary, or any benefits.

Mental Health Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ValueOptions in November 2009.

I interviewed initially with the Staffing Agency (Grad Staff) and then was called in to interview with ValueOptions. It wasnt until being called in to ValueOptions that I learned what my real job duties would consist of. Contrary to the Mental Health Advocate position that originally thought I was applying for, it was actually a call center position for a Mental Health insurance company.

Interview was simple, basic questions

Be yourself

They hire anyone, a detail that I had to learn the hard way

No negotiations were made

This IS A Test Submission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ValueOptions in December 2009.

This is a test submission.

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at ValueOptions in March 2007.

Phone interview, in preson interview, background test and pre employment medical.

Interview Questions

Worked for ValueOptions? Contribute to the Community!