ValueOptions Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

Interview was great, but not the reality of the job or working environment at all. I feel my interviewer was initially sincere in what she wanted the values of this company to be, but not what the reality is.

Interview Questions

• I was asked and led to believe that much care and compassion is needed when working with members and providers as we would be managing substance use and mental health benefits.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

They were dishonest about benefits. It was an easy interview. I am sorry I accepted the job there. Not a good place to work at all. the process was simple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they offered minimal salary

Clinical Appeals Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ValueOptions (Latham, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I was an internal candidate, having worked as a Customer Service Representative with the company for three years. I posted my application on a Friday, received a meeting request on the following Tuesday, had the interview at 8:00 AM on Wednesday, and was told another candidate (who had been laid off in December after working with the department for seventeen years) got the offer at 8:15 AM on Friday. So: lightning fast. I met with the department manager in his office, with the supervisor joining us remotely by phone. Both were friendly, sharp professionals. One of the best aspects of the interview process was that they schedule a follow-up meeting for all internal applicants, not just the one they make an offer to, so that everyone who applies gets comprehensive feedback. While I was very disappointed to not get the position, the manager said that they were very impressed by my unique skill set and encouraged me to apply if and when another position in the department becomes available. TL;DR Very fast, enjoyable interview process, even though I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• In addition to traditional questions about long term goals and motivation for applying, there were some technical questions about the clinical appeals process, writing clinical summaries, and differentiating between inpatient mental health and residential treatment.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

Interviews were casual; had no idea what the benefits were until after I hired on; None of those "where do you see yourself in 5 years...". Process did take awhile (2+ months),

Interview Questions

• Less about actual job; more about getting along with existing staff; May have asked why I left previous jobs, questions about being able to work in a team environment, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

i was pre-screened and had a good reference from a former colleague who works at ValueOptions. He sold me on the company ahead of time and told me when there was an opening. He knew my talent and he was well respected by his management. My interview was smooth and the hiring manager agreed that I was as competent as my referral source told her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. My referral already sold me on the company and I was offered more than my present place of employment at that time.

Data Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ValueOptions in July 2014.

Interview

I applied to the job through the company website within 48 hours of the job being posted. I got a call from the supervisor a couple of days later. We had a fairly informal, friendly 20-minute conversation/phone interview (see "Negotiation" info below, as this was brought up), and I was asked if I could come in later that week to meet with her. The in-person interview went very well, and included a (surprise) Excel test in the end. I was given a tour of the department and introduced to a few people, then went home feeling great about my chances. I got a call a little over a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard interview questions, with nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told in the first phone interview what the salary was, as she wanted to make sure we were on the same page. I respected her up-frontness, and the final offer was as expected, which was decent and I accepted it.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ValueOptions.

Interview

Great interview. Staff seemed really nice. Supervisor was extremely talkative and ranty, struggled to stay awake during the last minutes. Supervisor seemed really easy to read and probably wouldn't have spent as much time with me if she didn't feel like I was a good candidate. Offered the job days later, then was told to submit a drug test.

Interview Questions

Offered another position at a different company.

HEDIS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ValueOptions (Albany, NY).

Interview

Was introduced to this psoition through a temp agency. This is their primary method of hiring for this department/position. I went in for an interview, there was great chemistry, some hard questions but nothing too unexpected for the job description as she made she to tell abotu the job in detail before asking you questions. The questions were mostly directly relevant to not only past experience, but also ability to handle the types of situations and frustrations that would occur during the position.

Interview Questions

• One that may be difficult for some is the question of how you would handle dealing with applicaitons and systems that were still under develeopment or having issues, and if you could deal with the frustration of needing to complete a job when your own tools may be causing issues and hindering your work. Basically a questiion to give you an idea of what issues you might face, but also to see how you would handle that kind of barriers and what you would do productively to deal with the situation.   1 Answer

This position paid very well (even with the temp agency taking a cut) but a different position at the same company had opened up that could become permanent (unlike this position). Also, the other position offered the option of working from home eventually.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ValueOptions (Reston, VA).

Interview

Was called and told upfront how much was the salary and that there was no negotiation. Manager set up a meeting. Meeting was fine with the manager. Met with the director. It also went very well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made sure I understood at the very beginning that they would not negotiate on salary, or any benefits.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ValueOptions (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

One on one interview with the Director of Customer Service.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions regarding experience, expectations and personal back ground.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none.