Valvoline

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Certified Technician

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Valvoline.

Interview Details – Very fast. Submitted application via e-mail. Got phone call from HR within a few days. Interviewed with store manager 2 days later. Hired on the spot

Interview Question – Do you enjoy a fast pace environment in bad weather?   View Answer

Milford, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valvoline in July 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. You typically will have a phone interview, and then an in person interview. Questions such as, "Why do you wanna work here?", "Have any experience around cars?", "Name 3 traits you would give yourself." Not too hard of questions. Just relax. Dress business casual. Generally the people who interviewed me were nice and not too harsh.

Interview Question – "Are you able sell services to customers without pressuring them to do so?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You start out what they set.

Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Valvoline.

Interview Details – Application Process is online only and there is a database that keeps your application. I did not need to submit a resume to get this job.

I was contacted by phone saying that I was being considered for the job, and was asked to set up a phone interview.

The phone interview was comfortable and the questions were easy. They ranged from my experience working on or around vehicles, to how comfortable I would be working in extreme conditions. If you are open, honest and want the job, this will go fine. I admitted to never having worked on cars, but was willing to undergo training, and willing to work in extreme temperature conditions. I was then asked to come in for an interview.

The interview explained the responsibilities of the job, the training process, the pay, etc. I was shown around the shop and all of my questions were entertained. I was told on the spot that I got the job, and was given login information.

Interview Question – Will you be comfortable working in extreme temperature conditions? Will you be comfortable working in an all-male environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Previous pay was asked, but negotiation is minimal. Different levels of certification receive different pay.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marion, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valvoline in August 2011.

Interview Details – First a phone interview with basic questions of automotive, customer service, and sales experience. Second interview with Store Manager. This will have more in depth questions relating to your experience and they will explain more about the position's pay and benefits package. Third interview is with the Store Manager and Area Manager. At this point it's mainly repetition of the second interview. If you got this far the Store manager thinks you're a good candidate and you're there to prove the same to the Area Manager. All three interviews happen over a pretty short period of time, about a week or two. They are willing to train, but you should plan on answering how you would deal with customer service and sales situations. It is definitely preferred that you have some mechanical experience, even if it is not professional. You can explain minor vehicle repairs you have made to your own cars.

Interview Question – What skills do you have that sets you apart from other candidates and how would you use these skills?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unless you have prior supervisor experience you shouldn't expect anything other than starting at an entry-level position with entry-level pay, following their training program, and working your way up.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valvoline

Worked for Valvoline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valvoline Certified Technician interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Valvoline employees and interview candidates.