Valvoline Interview Questions

2.1

Auto Tech-Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valvoline in March 2015.

I received a call from store manager after few days applied online. I got interview with him in person the next day. Then I got 2nd interview. It all went fine. They offer $9.45/hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself?
      Have you ever late, absent from work or school?
      Define customer?
      Why Valvoline want to hire you?
      What was your mistake at work or school?
      What characters that your boss or teacher define you?
      Tell me about the last time you work as a team?
      Why you want to work here?
      What are the goals that you have accomplished?

Answer Question

Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Valvoline.

Got a call within a few days after applying. Interviewed over the phone with Store Manager and had a sit down interview with the same guy. Then had a 2nd interview with the Store Owner on a Friday. The following Tuesday I had an 4 hour orientation and first day of work was that Thursday. Started making $10.00 and hour as a tech. You get a pay raise after your first two months if you keep up with your training book.

CSA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valvoline.

First, a quick personality/skills test online. Then, a short phone interview with HR, mostly to set up the in person interview. Finally, a small interview with one to three managers in the area. Fast and easy, as long as you don't show up naked and stoned, you should do fine.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any unexpected questions. Very basic interview.   Answer Question

Valvoline Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Valvoline in January 2015.

Applied onlive via Snagajob. Took 4 months to be called in looking at an outdated resume.

Overall the manger was awesome and the questions were really basic. Anyone with employment history can easily answer them.

I did so well I got the manager to ask the district manager to bypass the second interview. Just have the mentality of a team player.

Interview Questions
    • What 3 words would your previous enployer use to describe you?   View Answer
    • If an employee that is supposed to take over your shift called out last minute what would you do?   View Answer
    He listed the various amounts of wages to be made in future. Starting is $9.50 but within 3 months I can be looking at $11.00 with the classes the company provides.

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valvoline.

Very easy going just asked basic questions about experience and what you have planned for your future.No difficult questions were asked. Just wanted to see what experience I had and how I can apply it to Valvoline Instant Oil Change.

Lube Tech Interview

Went well with the interview, no issues. According to the the job description there is supposedly a 15/per hour average salary. Misguiding information. A job is better than nothing but If you decide to sell out for the "competitive wages" , surely one wont get far up in life.

Take it or leave attitude.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valvoline in June 2014.

"Tell me a little bit about yourself" "Why Valvoline and not (list of competitors)?" "What do you look for in a company?" "Where do you see yourself in a year?"

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valvoline in May 2014.

Expect to fill out an online application and online personality test to see if you're a good initial fit. Then got a call two days after for a brief phone interview, asking about myself, then scheduled an in person interview for the next day. All was well until I actually went in for my interview with the manager. I came in 20 minutes early and waited for over an hour to get started with the interview because the manager was supposedly busy, even though there were only two cars being serviced by six people. Even the manager admitted during the interview that they weren't busy at all that day which made me wonder why he made me wait over an hour for a minimum wage job. When meeting the manager and starting the interview, he gave me the sense that he already made up his mind about not hiring me for some reason. The manager kept getting distracted checking out a girl that was applying for the same job. He had a few pages of interview questions that I assume is from Valvoline but didn't seem to really care to properly interview me (he actually did say for several questions, "eh, I don't care about this... whatever... whatever"). The manager was totally unprofessional from start to finish and it says a lot that the lower level workers acted much more professionally than him.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Valvoline? Why should we hire you? What are your strengths? What will you bring to Valvoline? Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Automotive Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Valvoline in March 2014.

Got the call a day after I applied online, had a phone interview, and set up a time for the next day to come in. The face to face interview was fairly easy. I will know tomorrow whether or not I've gotten the job.

Certified Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Valvoline.

Very fast. Submitted application via e-mail. Got phone call from HR within a few days. Interviewed with store manager 2 days later. Hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • Do you enjoy a fast pace environment in bad weather?   View Answer