Valvoline

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technician Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valvoline in October 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application you will take tests on sales and values like the usual online application process. I got a call about the position a few days after asking about myself if i went to school why do you want to work for us. If they like what they hear they will set up a face to face interview. Wear business casual type clothing. You will be asked things like Why Valvoline? What makes us different? Do you have car experience? Along with more general interview questions. They will then send you home and give you a call again a few days later to tell you if you got the job or not. If you did you then set up an interview with the Are manager and this is a lot shorter just a few question like the ones the manager asked you. He will then tell you whether or not you have the job for sure or not. Before the interview and after your first call from the are manager call the store and ask if you can watch the daily activities of the store just to show interest.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Valvoline rather than Jiffy Lube of Quickstop? Do you have car experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You will get paid starting 9.15 per hour then 9.45 after you get certified tech.

Automotive Technician Interview

Automotive Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Valvoline in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got the call a day after I applied online, had a phone interview, and set up a time for the next day to come in. The face to face interview was fairly easy. I will know tomorrow whether or not I've gotten the job.

Interview Question – All easy questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Automotive Technician Interview

Automotive Technician
Willoughby, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Valvoline in July 2013.

Interview Details – * Fill out the app online
* Phone interview with Store Manager
* In-Person interview with Area Recruiter

You will be lied to the entire time. They'll tell you about all the opportunity, but there is none. The first 90 days are good, you'll go from being a tech to certified to senior. After that, if you want to move up, you no longer care about customers or cars, it is all about Sales and the "DOP".

You had better be able to sell someone that only wants a quick and affordable oil change $100-$200 worth of additional parts and services. Even if you are in a poor neighborhood. If you can't "hit the number" well, the door will hit you in the face as the boot hits you in the rear.

*** Understand you are applying for a SALES JOB. Don't let them make you think otherwise ***

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. All standard interview questions. Basically, if you show up sober and showered they will hire you. It's a minimum wage job. The McDonald's of oil changes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You take the minimum wage job that you'll be lucky to get 30 hours at or you don't work for VIOC.

Technician Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Valvoline in June 2011.

Interview Details – In order to attend an in-person interview, an applicant completes the application online. The application contains several modules testing skills, personality and intelligence. After completing the application, you are called in to interview with the Service Center Manager and/or Area Manager. In the interview, you learn about the company and are asked questions in regards to the position, being able to work with others,

Interview Question – Are you able to work well with others?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The initial pay was not negotiable. It is an entry pay. This is a chance to show what you can do, work according to their policy and develop a good and sound work history.

Service Center Manager Interview

Service Center Manager
Macedonia, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at Valvoline in April 2010.

Interview Details – Company promotes from within so by the time the interview for manager comes you should be able to pass with ease. Panel style interview. Several area managers and market manager are present

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

CSA Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Valvoline in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed and hired as a CSA, but I made the unfortunate transition to bottomside shortly thereafter. My interview was very relaxed.

Interview Question – No real hard questions. Different experiences store to store though.   Answer Question

Certified Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Valvoline.

Interview Details – Very fast. Submitted application via e-mail. Got phone call from HR within a few days. Interviewed with store manager 2 days later. Hired on the spot

Interview Question – Do you enjoy a fast pace environment in bad weather?   View Answer

Account Representative Los Angeles Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Valvoline in October 2013.

Interview Details – First phone interview, then scheduled sit down then a hiring package

Interview Question – How would you handle multi purpose fleet users?   View Answer

Territory Business Manager Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Valvoline in June 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview first with internally arranged headhunter. Then a panel interview with 4 sale managers. Finally a local interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got them to offer a relocation package (moving and home purchase assistance only). These dicks were trying to get me to foot the bill myself. Hindsight is 20/20, I should have declined.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Valvoline

Interview Details – Easy process, Phonecall, then interview

Interview Question – Worst customer experience and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valvoline

Worked for Valvoline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Valvoline interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Valvoline employees and interview candidates.