Valvoline

32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Technician Interview

Senior Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Valvoline in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interviews are very easy and run of the mill. Experience is not required at this job so it is more of a history and them trying to feel you out as a future employee. They are very interested in your past work experience and any gaps in your work history.

Lube Tech Interview

Lube Tech

Interviewed at Valvoline

Interview Details – Went well with the interview, no issues. According to the the job description there is supposedly a 15/per hour average salary. Misguiding information. A job is better than nothing but If you decide to sell out for the "competitive wages" , surely one wont get far up in life.

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave attitude.

Plymouth, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valvoline in June 2014.

Interview Details – "Tell me a little bit about yourself" "Why Valvoline and not (list of competitors)?" "What do you look for in a company?" "Where do you see yourself in a year?"

Interview Question – None, all the questions were really straight forward.   Answer Question

Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valvoline in May 2010.

Interview Details – I'm sure this isn't the norm. Just saw a sign saying they were hiring, went in for an interview with 2 higher ups, said they'd call me soon. Walked to my car to leave and my phone was already ringing.

Interview Question – Customer service questions   Answer Question

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Valvoline in May 2014.

Interview Details – Expect to fill out an online application and online personality test to see if you're a good initial fit. Then got a call two days after for a brief phone interview, asking about myself, then scheduled an in person interview for the next day. All was well until I actually went in for my interview with the manager. I came in 20 minutes early and waited for over an hour to get started with the interview because the manager was supposedly busy, even though there were only two cars being serviced by six people. Even the manager admitted during the interview that they weren't busy at all that day which made me wonder why he made me wait over an hour for a minimum wage job. When meeting the manager and starting the interview, he gave me the sense that he already made up his mind about not hiring me for some reason. The manager kept getting distracted checking out a girl that was applying for the same job. He had a few pages of interview questions that I assume is from Valvoline but didn't seem to really care to properly interview me (he actually did say for several questions, "eh, I don't care about this... whatever... whatever"). The manager was totally unprofessional from start to finish and it says a lot that the lower level workers acted much more professionally than him.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Valvoline? Why should we hire you? What are your strengths? What will you bring to Valvoline? Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valvoline in October 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an online application you will take tests on sales and values like the usual online application process. I got a call about the position a few days after asking about myself if i went to school why do you want to work for us. If they like what they hear they will set up a face to face interview. Wear business casual type clothing. You will be asked things like Why Valvoline? What makes us different? Do you have car experience? Along with more general interview questions. They will then send you home and give you a call again a few days later to tell you if you got the job or not. If you did you then set up an interview with the Are manager and this is a lot shorter just a few question like the ones the manager asked you. He will then tell you whether or not you have the job for sure or not. Before the interview and after your first call from the are manager call the store and ask if you can watch the daily activities of the store just to show interest.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Valvoline rather than Jiffy Lube of Quickstop? Do you have car experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You will get paid starting 9.15 per hour then 9.45 after you get certified tech.

Automotive Technician

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Valvoline in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got the call a day after I applied online, had a phone interview, and set up a time for the next day to come in. The face to face interview was fairly easy. I will know tomorrow whether or not I've gotten the job.

Interview Question – All easy questions   Answer Question

Willoughby, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Valvoline in July 2013.

Interview Details – * Fill out the app online
* Phone interview with Store Manager
* In-Person interview with Area Recruiter

You will be lied to the entire time. They'll tell you about all the opportunity, but there is none. The first 90 days are good, you'll go from being a tech to certified to senior. After that, if you want to move up, you no longer care about customers or cars, it is all about Sales and the "DOP".

You had better be able to sell someone that only wants a quick and affordable oil change $100-$200 worth of additional parts and services. Even if you are in a poor neighborhood. If you can't "hit the number" well, the door will hit you in the face as the boot hits you in the rear.

*** Understand you are applying for a SALES JOB. Don't let them make you think otherwise ***

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. All standard interview questions. Basically, if you show up sober and showered they will hire you. It's a minimum wage job. The McDonald's of oil changes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You take the minimum wage job that you'll be lucky to get 30 hours at or you don't work for VIOC.

Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Valvoline in June 2011.

Interview Details – In order to attend an in-person interview, an applicant completes the application online. The application contains several modules testing skills, personality and intelligence. After completing the application, you are called in to interview with the Service Center Manager and/or Area Manager. In the interview, you learn about the company and are asked questions in regards to the position, being able to work with others,

Interview Question – Are you able to work well with others?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The initial pay was not negotiable. It is an entry pay. This is a chance to show what you can do, work according to their policy and develop a good and sound work history.

Service Center Manager Interview

Service Center Manager
Macedonia, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at Valvoline in April 2010.

Interview Details – Company promotes from within so by the time the interview for manager comes you should be able to pass with ease. Panel style interview. Several area managers and market manager are present

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Valvoline? Contribute to the Community!