Valvoline Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2014
Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.1

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valvoline.

Very easy going just asked basic questions about experience and what you have planned for your future.No difficult questions were asked. Just wanted to see what experience I had and how I can apply it to Valvoline Instant Oil Change.

Lube Tech Interview

Went well with the interview, no issues. According to the the job description there is supposedly a 15/per hour average salary. Misguiding information. A job is better than nothing but If you decide to sell out for the "competitive wages" , surely one wont get far up in life.

Take it or leave attitude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valvoline in June 2014.

"Tell me a little bit about yourself" "Why Valvoline and not (list of competitors)?" "What do you look for in a company?" "Where do you see yourself in a year?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Valvoline in May 2014.

Expect to fill out an online application and online personality test to see if you're a good initial fit. Then got a call two days after for a brief phone interview, asking about myself, then scheduled an in person interview for the next day. All was well until I actually went in for my interview with the manager. I came in 20 minutes early and waited for over an hour to get started with the interview because the manager was supposedly busy, even though there were only two cars being serviced by six people. Even the manager admitted during the interview that they weren't busy at all that day which made me wonder why he made me wait over an hour for a minimum wage job. When meeting the manager and starting the interview, he gave me the sense that he already made up his mind about not hiring me for some reason. The manager kept getting distracted checking out a girl that was applying for the same job. He had a few pages of interview questions that I assume is from Valvoline but didn't seem to really care to properly interview me (he actually did say for several questions, "eh, I don't care about this... whatever... whatever"). The manager was totally unprofessional from start to finish and it says a lot that the lower level workers acted much more professionally than him.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Valvoline? Why should we hire you? What are your strengths? What will you bring to Valvoline? Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Automotive Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Valvoline in March 2014.

Got the call a day after I applied online, had a phone interview, and set up a time for the next day to come in. The face to face interview was fairly easy. I will know tomorrow whether or not I've gotten the job.

Certified Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Valvoline.

Very fast. Submitted application via e-mail. Got phone call from HR within a few days. Interviewed with store manager 2 days later. Hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • Do you enjoy a fast pace environment in bad weather?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Easy process, Phonecall, then interview

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Valvoline in October 2013.

I filled out an online application you will take tests on sales and values like the usual online application process. I got a call about the position a few days after asking about myself if i went to school why do you want to work for us. If they like what they hear they will set up a face to face interview. Wear business casual type clothing. You will be asked things like Why Valvoline? What makes us different? Do you have car experience? Along with more general interview questions. They will then send you home and give you a call again a few days later to tell you if you got the job or not. If you did you then set up an interview with the Are manager and this is a lot shorter just a few question like the ones the manager asked you. He will then tell you whether or not you have the job for sure or not. Before the interview and after your first call from the are manager call the store and ask if you can watch the daily activities of the store just to show interest.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Valvoline rather than Jiffy Lube of Quickstop? Do you have car experience?   View Answer
    You will get paid starting 9.15 per hour then 9.45 after you get certified tech.

Account Representative Los Angeles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Valvoline in October 2013.

First phone interview, then scheduled sit down then a hiring package

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle multi purpose fleet users?   View Answer

Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Valvoline.

Interview takes about 30 minutes, interview is with service center manager or assistant manager. You're asked many basic interview questions. You may be hired on the spot, especially if they are shorthanded at the shop.

Interview Questions
    • What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses? Why are you leaving your current job? Why do you want to work for our company (obviously it isn't very glamorous)? What could you bring to the company? We upsell customers - how would you get a customer to buy additional services and products?   Answer Question

Worked for Valvoline? Contribute to the Community!