Valvoline Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.2

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parma, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Valvoline (Parma, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then within a week or so, I received a phone call from the general manager of the store I applied to. First I received an over the phone interview, then I met the manager in person for an interview, then I met with the regional manager for the final interview and was called 4-5 hours later (I was told it would take about a week to get back to me if they decided to hire me) and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting pay was not negotiable. Raises and promotions are available about every 6 months; or less if you're good enough at the job. Pay rate is excellent to start.

Auto Tech-Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valvoline (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a call from store manager after few days applied online. I got interview with him in person the next day. Then I got 2nd interview. It all went fine. They offer $9.45/hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself?
      Have you ever late, absent from work or school?
      Define customer?
      Why Valvoline want to hire you?
      What was your mistake at work or school?
      What characters that your boss or teacher define you?
      Tell me about the last time you work as a team?
      Why you want to work here?
      What are the goals that you have accomplished?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valvoline (State College, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about coming in for a interview. Met with assistant manager and answered several pages of easy questions. He said manager will be in touch, had to call back to schedule 2nd interview with manager. Again more easy questions that anybody should be able to answer. First red flag for me was when manager said it was a "sales job" but after almost 4 years of flat rate I figured I would listen to the offer. I was offered $9.50 a hour to start after second interview, overall a total waste of time I didn't bother to call back. I have over 4 years of real automotive technician experience apparently that does not matter, Im not working for fast food wages.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you do to deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Valvoline.

Interview

Got a call within a few days after applying. Interviewed over the phone with Store Manager and had a sit down interview with the same guy. Then had a 2nd interview with the Store Owner on a Friday. The following Tuesday I had an 4 hour orientation and first day of work was that Thursday. Started making $10.00 and hour as a tech. You get a pay raise after your first two months if you keep up with your training book.

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Valvoline.

Interview

First, a quick personality/skills test online. Then, a short phone interview with HR, mostly to set up the in person interview. Finally, a small interview with one to three managers in the area. Fast and easy, as long as you don't show up naked and stoned, you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected questions. Very basic interview.   Answer Question

Valvoline Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Valvoline (Torrance, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied onlive via Snagajob. Took 4 months to be called in looking at an outdated resume.

Overall the manger was awesome and the questions were really basic. Anyone with employment history can easily answer them.

I did so well I got the manager to ask the district manager to bypass the second interview. Just have the mentality of a team player.

Interview Questions

• What 3 words would your previous enployer use to describe you?   1 Answer
    • If an employee that is supposed to take over your shift called out last minute what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He listed the various amounts of wages to be made in future. Starting is $9.50 but within 3 months I can be looking at $11.00 with the classes the company provides.

Lube Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Valvoline in January 2015.

Interview

An employee telephoned and didn't leave a message. So, I looked up the number in the White Pages, saw it was a business I had applied with, and returned the call. The manager was not available, so an employee took my name and number as a message. The result was the job board here in Long Beach referred me back to Career Builder which had done nothing for the previous seven years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valvoline (Nashville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to the website and looked for a location near me that was hiring. I completed the application and had to fill out a personality assessment. That was the longest part of the online application. After that, I went to the service center and asked for the manager. I had to wait for literally 5 hours before being told to come back in two weeks, after the manager got back from vacation. I came back on the requested day, early. I was then told that the computer wasn't printing. So, I had to wait again while the service center manager hand wrote the questions for the interview. Once the interview finally began, I had little trouble talking to the manager. He was very patient and kind with me during the interview. He seemed interested in me because of my work ethic and way with words. He then sent me to the area manager in Nashville for my second interview. The area manager also seemed to notice these things because they are very important with this company. He was more concerned with my customer service experience than my automotive knowledge. I passed the second interview and went to a very long orientation. It took the better part of a day. However, they did provide us with food and drinks.

Interview Questions

• What was one mistake you made lately?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Valvoline.

Interview

Very easy going just asked basic questions about experience and what you have planned for your future.No difficult questions were asked. Just wanted to see what experience I had and how I can apply it to Valvoline Instant Oil Change.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Valvoline (Blue Ash, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Business Casual. Sat face to face with the assistant manager and was asked basic questions about customer service experience and past working scenarios. Asked about availability and why he should choose me. All and all it was an easy interview and pretty standard for the customer service industry. Not interested in your experience with cars, as they train everyone from the ground up.