Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.7

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc (Providence, RI) in May 2015.

Interview

They only asked me 3 or 4 questions, mostly about my courses in college and what I learned in school. Then they discussed the job. Lastly, they asked if I had any questions, so I asked a few. They told me it would probably be a couple weeks before I heard back. After two weeks, I emailed one of the interviewers and it was only then that he told me they offered the job to someone else. Not sure they would have reached out to me otherwise to let me know the bad news.

Environmental Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.

Interview

Learned of an immediate opening from an employee I had met at a networking event. Three in-person interviews with a total of 6 or 7 people before receiving an offer. The entire process took 4 or 5 weeks. Staff were responsive and friendly throughout the entire process. Plenty of time in each interview to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I asked for more than the initial offer and they met me in the middle.

Highway Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc (Watertown, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter hired by the firm. Once VHB had my resume everything went really quickly from there. There was only one in-person interview and it was very relaxed with five team members and lasted approximately one hour. Everyone was extremely friendly and responsive to my question.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about roles, responsibilities, training, expertise with software and my usual week to week activities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Spoke directly with the hiring manager and I was given quick responses.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc (Newark, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

There is no interview at all. Just couple questions via phone. And vote yourself in a pool, then you may start to on-call work. No specific skill required, as long as standing and handing out surveys, waiting for the break time.

Airport Environmental Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc (Watertown, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy to navigate through, HR was very pleasant. I phone interviewed first with folks from FL, then since I was in St. Petersburg, FL visiting family I met with the hiring manager and a co-worker. After that, I was flown for an interview in Watertown, MA where I interviewed with about 6 people, some of the interviews were 1-on-1, and some of them there were 2 people in talking with me at one time.

Interview Questions

• A few the technical questions were tough, can't remember specifics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate, but I was not able to get very much more than their initial offer.

Transportation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc in February 2008.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and got a phone call to schedule an in-person interview. I was interviewed in by three people in a conference room. The interview was low-key. They asked me about things on my resume and other experiences and went over basics about the company. Everyone was really friendly. After the interview, they contacted my references, and I received a letter of acceptance a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They asked some technical questions like, "how would you validate a model?" and some questions about the 4-step transportation planning process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher salary and a signing bonus.