Vance-Granville Community College Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vance-Granville Community College

PC Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vance-Granville Community College (Henderson, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was general in nature with a panel of four people. Two of the persons were actually related to Information Technology and the other two had no knowledge of computers at all. I was asked broad and general questions regarding the job. I was not asked specific questions as to display my real skills which I knew were far above the job's qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How many years I have worked as a pc technician? Why did I leave my previous employer? Am I going to take the job and then leave it to take another job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They would have hired someone else who was as desperate to have a salary at all.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NC

Interview

After submitting an application, HR called to arrange an interview. Interview was with a panel of 6 people, including department head, campus dean, and instructors from other disciplines. Several questions about teaching philosophy and hypothetical situations. Was also asked to give a short lesson on a certain topic, which I was told about ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have had to teach to someone, and tell us how you did it. (This does not have to be academic, or related to your field.)   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NC

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vance-Granville Community College (Henderson, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

Human Resources collected application and transcripts, set up interview with hiring committee, called and checked submitted references, conducted background check, presented contract, conducted employee training. Offer was extended following interview by phone.