Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Vance PublishingMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Vance Publishing.
Submitted resume and cover letter online. Screened by HR via phone. Had an on-site interview shortly thereafter with my future supervisor. Received offer the next day or two after on-site interview.
- What kind of social media experience do you have? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Vance Publishing (Lincolnshire, IL) in January 2014.
Received an initial phone call from the human resources director in which we discussed a bit of my background, salary requirements and why I want to work for the company. About a week later I received a second phone call to set up an interview for two days later.
In person interview was low-stress, professional and friendly. No questions out of the ordinary.
Did not receive an offer but did receive a call from the human resources director who informed me that they chose another candidate. He was very heartfelt in his apology and I appreciate that. Seems like a good group of people.
- I do not believe that my portfolio was fully prepared for that specific interview. There were a few gaps (such as html emails) that they were looking for, that I have, but had no examples of. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Vance Publishing.
Resumes go to HR and then to Sales Manager and Publisher. Usually 2-3 interviews.
Interviews were more directed to your personality and how you would fit in with the rest of the team. I was told upfront there would be a lot of travel and many trade shows to attend.
- Nothing out of the ordinary. It is better if you have direct industry experience. Answer Question
Manager sat down with me and present a paper offer. I had a few days to decide. It was a good fit and my ramp up was about 2 months.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Vance Publishing (Lincolnshire, IL) in June 2009.
Met with HR and hiring Manager. Offer in a week.
- You need to really know the industry of the magazine you are interviewing on. Much of what you do to be successful is based on relationship building. 1 Answer
It was a set base and a good commission structure. If you work hard and grow your clients and develop a solid pipeline you will do well financially. The offer will come from your Manager and later after you accept HR will present you with a contract to be signed. There was no non-compete clause in the contract. Some employees have been at the compamy for well over twenty five years.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review