Vance Publishing Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vance Publishing in January 2014.

Received an initial phone call from the human resources director in which we discussed a bit of my background, salary requirements and why I want to work for the company. About a week later I received a second phone call to set up an interview for two days later.

In person interview was low-stress, professional and friendly. No questions out of the ordinary.

Did not receive an offer but did receive a call from the human resources director who informed me that they chose another candidate. He was very heartfelt in his apology and I appreciate that. Seems like a good group of people.

Interview Questions
    • I do not believe that my portfolio was fully prepared for that specific interview. There were a few gaps (such as html emails) that they were looking for, that I have, but had no examples of.   View Answer

Advertising Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnshire, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vance Publishing in June 2009.

Met with HR and hiring Manager. Offer in a week.

Interview Questions
    • You need to really know the industry of the magazine you are interviewing on. Much of what you do to be successful is based on relationship building.   View Answer
    It was a set base and a good commission structure. If you work hard and grow your clients and develop a solid pipeline you will do well financially. The offer will come from your Manager and later after you accept HR will present you with a contract to be signed. There was no non-compete clause in the contract. Some employees have been at the compamy for well over twenty five years.

Advertising Sales Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vance Publishing.

Resumes go to HR and then to Sales Manager and Publisher. Usually 2-3 interviews.
    Interviews were more directed to your personality and how you would fit in with the rest of the team. I was told upfront there would be a lot of travel and many trade shows to attend.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. It is better if you have direct industry experience.   Answer Question
    Manager sat down with me and present a paper offer. I had a few days to decide. It was a good fit and my ramp up was about 2 months.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vance Publishing

Worked for Vance Publishing? Contribute to the Community!