Vance Publishing Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vance Publishing

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vance Publishing (Lincolnshire, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Received an initial phone call from the human resources director in which we discussed a bit of my background, salary requirements and why I want to work for the company. About a week later I received a second phone call to set up an interview for two days later.

In person interview was low-stress, professional and friendly. No questions out of the ordinary.

Did not receive an offer but did receive a call from the human resources director who informed me that they chose another candidate. He was very heartfelt in his apology and I appreciate that. Seems like a good group of people.

Interview Questions

• I do not believe that my portfolio was fully prepared for that specific interview. There were a few gaps (such as html emails) that they were looking for, that I have, but had no examples of.   1 Answer

Advertising Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vance Publishing.

Interview

Resumes go to HR and then to Sales Manager and Publisher. Usually 2-3 interviews.
    Interviews were more directed to your personality and how you would fit in with the rest of the team. I was told upfront there would be a lot of travel and many trade shows to attend.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. It is better if you have direct industry experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Manager sat down with me and present a paper offer. I had a few days to decide. It was a good fit and my ramp up was about 2 months.

Advertising Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vance Publishing (Lincolnshire, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

Met with HR and hiring Manager. Offer in a week.

Interview Questions

• You need to really know the industry of the magazine you are interviewing on. Much of what you do to be successful is based on relationship building.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a set base and a good commission structure. If you work hard and grow your clients and develop a solid pipeline you will do well financially. The offer will come from your Manager and later after you accept HR will present you with a contract to be signed. There was no non-compete clause in the contract. Some employees have been at the compamy for well over twenty five years.