Vancouver Coastal Health Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vancouver Coastal Health

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Received a request to do various online testing via external agency prior to in-person interview. Tests were straight forward and job related., and your scores/performance was given at end of test. HR also requested list of professional references to check on prior to 1:1 interview. I currently passed the initial testing and awaiting next step.

Recruitment Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health.

Interview

Initial telephone call from HR asking why I want to leave my current position, how much notice I need to give, salary expectations. After I was offered the job, it took over 2 weeks to receive my offer package because it is put together by a different department entirely. That delayed my giving my current employer notice to resign, which resulted in a delay in my start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have made a mistake or a wrong decision. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate because I am already getting paid the top of their salary range

Staffing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied via on-line application, 3 months later received a telephone interview, then I was contacted by HR about a week later to do computer testing, a week after that I was called in to have a face to face interview with the manager and the supervisor, they asked questions about how to handle work conflict, my achievements, critical thinking. A week letter I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations it was a union position.

Secretary III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied online for an internal company posting as I already was working at Vancouver Coastal Health. I was e-mailed and asked to come in for an interview. I attended the worksite where the interview process involved meeting four women from the office who took turns asking me pre-arranged questions. Within about a week's time, I received a call offering me a job which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Something like "what are your best points as a worker."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. The position is a union job.

Frontline Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2009.

Interview

Most jobs are unionized. There is internal and external hiring system. Wages are posted. Anyone can see the wages on the internal or the external site. Hiring seems to be done internally by seniority. Don't be fooled by the number of internal postings. It only represents people moving about from job to job within the system, like musical chairs. The amount of new job creation I think is minimal.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember the interview being particularily difficult. I think they already knew they were going to hire me, the interview was just to confirm that.   Answer Question