Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

2.3

Credit Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance (Maryville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call about position I applied for online. Brief phone interview with very generic interview questions. Asked to come in for an in person interview with a senior and team member. Invited to come back for an interview with two supervisors and was taken to take a typing test. Offered the job and took pre employment drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role at a past company and how it would help you fit in with the team at Vanderbilt.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance.

Interview

I was recruited from my college campus. I was first invited to a company tour. A few days after the tour I was called to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was easy and only took about 15-20 minutes. At the end of the conversation I was asked to come in for an office interview. This interview lasted around 30 minutes and was conducted by HR. Immediately following that interview I was taken to listen in on some calls being made by Account Reps then asked to complete a personality type test. The test took me about 45 minutes to complete. A week or so after this interview, I was called and asked to come in for a final interview. This interview was conducted by a panel of 3 people. One was a "pod" leader and the other two people were "team" leaders. They each asked me a series of questions then left the room to deliberate. When the "pod" leader returned, he offered me the job. Overall a pretty basic interview process. There weren't really any questions asked that I wasn't expecting.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle kicking someone out of their home?   1 Answer

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance (Knoxville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview, they asked me questions about my goals, and why I wanted to work for them. Then was contacted for a face to face interview. Then was contacted for a third interview, which was a lunch interview, where they asked more detailed questions about my career.

Interview Questions

• What other opportunities have you been offered since you graduated, why did they not work out?   Answer Question

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance (Maryville, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

They will insult you to try and get you worked up to see how you handle phone calls. They will act like they don't think you are cut out for the job. You just have to remember you're calling on past due trailer payments.

Interview Questions

• What is your sense of urgency on a scale of 1 to 10?   1 Answer
    • I thought Northern's were supposed to be high strung. Is that not true?   1 Answer
    • Would you say you are passive, assertive, or aggressive?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance in August 2010.

Interview

The company hired internally so it was a fairly straight forward process. they started by letting me know what exactly the position included. Then they wanted general knowledge of computer skills. This included Excel heavily, ability to learn (if you didn't already know) general accounting principles. There were 3-4 interviews with each senior member of the department, mainly so each person could get a feel for the individual being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of experience with Excel and Accounting software.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negation phase. They said this is what we will give you. It was a take it or leave it deal.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance (Maryville, TN) in January 2009.

Interview

1 call and 1 interview

Interview Questions

• just wanted a college graduate and didn't care what your degree was in. Advised they wanted to appear professional   1 Answer

Negotiation

Flat rate with a bonus if you met your goals..varied

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance in August 2010.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview. If you make it through the first, the next interview is with someone form human resources. In that interview you sit with an account representative and you also take a personality test, with some basic math in it. The third interview is a group interview that has your future boss and his/her boss in it as well. After that you must take a drug test. If you make it through and pass the drug test someone from human resources will call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself professionally and personally.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a problem you've encountered before and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, not able to negotiate