Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maryville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, TN

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance in January 2009.

1 call and 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • just wanted a college graduate and didn't care what your degree was in. Advised they wanted to appear professional   View Answer
    Flat rate with a bonus if you met your goals..varied

Account Representative Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance.

I was recruited from my college campus. I was first invited to a company tour. A few days after the tour I was called to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was easy and only took about 15-20 minutes. At the end of the conversation I was asked to come in for an office interview. This interview lasted around 30 minutes and was conducted by HR. Immediately following that interview I was taken to listen in on some calls being made by Account Reps then asked to complete a personality type test. The test took me about 45 minutes to complete. A week or so after this interview, I was called and asked to come in for a final interview. This interview was conducted by a panel of 3 people. One was a "pod" leader and the other two people were "team" leaders. They each asked me a series of questions then left the room to deliberate. When the "pod" leader returned, he offered me the job. Overall a pretty basic interview process. There weren't really any questions asked that I wasn't expecting.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle kicking someone out of their home?   View Answer

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance in July 2012.

Was contacted for a phone interview, they asked me questions about my goals, and why I wanted to work for them. Then was contacted for a face to face interview. Then was contacted for a third interview, which was a lunch interview, where they asked more detailed questions about my career.

Interview Questions
    • What other opportunities have you been offered since you graduated, why did they not work out?   Answer Question

Investor Reporting Staff Accounting Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance in August 2010.

The company hired internally so it was a fairly straight forward process. they started by letting me know what exactly the position included. Then they wanted general knowledge of computer skills. This included Excel heavily, ability to learn (if you didn't already know) general accounting principles. There were 3-4 interviews with each senior member of the department, mainly so each person could get a feel for the individual being interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your level of experience with Excel and Accounting software.   View Answer
    No negation phase. They said this is what we will give you. It was a take it or leave it deal.

Account Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance in August 2010.

The first interview is a phone interview. If you make it through the first, the next interview is with someone form human resources. In that interview you sit with an account representative and you also take a personality test, with some basic math in it. The third interview is a group interview that has your future boss and his/her boss in it as well. After that you must take a drug test. If you make it through and pass the drug test someone from human resources will call you and offer you the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself professionally and personally.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a problem you've encountered before and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    No, not able to negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance

Worked for Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance? Contribute to the Community!