Vanderbilt University

www.vanderbilt.edu

Vanderbilt University Graduate Student Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanderbilt University.

Submission of application and interviews that was one day long. The questions asked was not out of the ordinary. Just a discussion regarding your previous research experience and interests similarly to what other schools would also ask during their interview process. The application is also free online so that the application costs are not prohibitive.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanderbilt University

Graduate Student Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Vanderbilt University.

Applied for the Phd program ... got selected ..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanderbilt University in February 2010.

Was recruited at a career fair. Very open and emphasized the environment on campus. Applied online. Was invited to visit (paid for). Met with 4 professors who each interviewed me 1:1 for at least 30 minutes each. were looking for specific interests and how you would fit in with their lab and the department itself. Very open and laid back community but a lot of politics involved. Range of workers from very lazy to insanely busy.

Interview Questions
    • In your past research or project experience, describe a time that something did not go the way it was supposed to and the steps you took to deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vanderbilt University in March 2007.

The BRET office spent a lot of time telling us general information about the university and medical center, background on the IGP program. We then had a series of one-on-one interviews with selected faculty members, who told us about their own research and asked questions about our experience. interests, and our applications. We were chaperoned by 1st year students who were available for questions and we had meals with other senior grad students.

No negotiation