Vanderbilt University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant I Interview

Research Assistant I
Nash, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanderbilt University in June 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager and the HR together interviewed me, they mainly focus on how long I will stay and the skill I had at that time; they also asked about my working status and ask if I need them help spouse my H1 B Visa; they ask me about my organize skill etc.

Interview Question – how to handle a missing data when you collect the data   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vanderbilt University in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communications required a review of my resume. Afterwards, I was called into the office to do an interview initially with the administrator's assistant discussing experience, interests, and basic job responsibilities, as well as a tour of the office.

Interview Question – What could you bring to the office that would streamline some of the filing processes?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanderbilt University.

Interview Details – Submission of application and interviews that was one day long. The questions asked was not out of the ordinary. Just a discussion regarding your previous research experience and interests similarly to what other schools would also ask during their interview process. The application is also free online so that the application costs are not prohibitive.

Graduate Student (PhD) Interview

Graduate Student (PhD)

Interviewed at Vanderbilt University

Interview Details – After initial application, students are notified of on campus interviews. Students on site will interview with a number of professors personally or in groups, and can request specific interviews while there. Number of interviews ranges from 2-6

Interview Question – "Getting to know you" type interviews with professors, wanting to know your research interests and if you fit with their lab. Research their lab ahead of time   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Vanderbilt, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanderbilt University in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had a phone interview after one week. Then go for on site interview three weeks later. A full day interview with people there. Got email one week after interview date to inform they would not offer me.

Interview Question – Lots of standard interview questions: why this job, career goal,   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

Interviewed at Vanderbilt University

Interview Details – The whole process took about 3-4 months to complete, but I believe I started searching after other candidates, so may take longer. Contacted several different offices to see if GA positions were available, most had already been filled. Once I reached an opening, I had an initial interview, but didn't hear back for about a month. Eventually received a second-round interview. Interview was a mixture of typical strengths/weaknesses and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Mostly just behavioral questions about what would happen in unexpected situations   Answer Question

VSA Proctor Interview

VSA Proctor
Nashville, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Vanderbilt University.

Interview Details – The interview process was painless. They want to know what experience you have working with kids and they ask you some hypothetical situation questions. The questioner writes down your responses and gives you an overall grade that you will never see. Helps if you attend school at Vandy but not required.

Interview Question – What would you do if one of the kids was falling asleep in class? (One of the hypothetical questions)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary.

GIS Analyst Interview

GIS Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Vanderbilt University in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview, asked some general HR questions, such as tell me a project you did, and how did you solve problems you met, etc.

Interview Question – I thought HR gonna ask me some projects I listed on my resume, but all questions I prepared was different from they asked. So if you are preparing for an interview, be sure to search some general HR questions for the phone interview.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Undergraduate Teaching Assistant
Nashville, TN

I interviewed at Vanderbilt University in September 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty basic, applied online, requested interview later that week.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you had a conflict with a professor.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interview Details – Phone interview dealt with previous work experience and course work. Overall, it was a positive experience and helped me decide which university to choose.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were as expected including why I wish to pursue research work.   Answer Question

Worked for Vanderbilt University? Contribute to the Community!