Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interviews cumulatively were the most lengthy I have ever experienced. The interview day itself lasted 4.5 hours and consisted of talking separately with 8 people, each asking me the same questions. It was exhausting and inefficient to have to discuss the same things with each person, when a modified format would have been more pleasant, less draining, and require me to repeat myself less.

Pca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

The Hardest part is getting the interview and the wait. The wait takes about a month before a phone interview and then 2-3 weeks for in person interview. The phone screening the basic interview while inperson goes into your past skills .

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

I was emailed by the administrative manager of department that had the opening requesting a phone interview. After a quick email conversation a phone interview was set for the next day. The Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. She Asked some situational questions (what would you do if...), some personality questions (how do you deal with...), and some job experience questions (list your job duties at your previous job.

Interview Questions

• If someone was calling, someone walked in and a coworker needed your help at the same time what would you do?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with different personalities?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Very straight forward process. A relatively long wait to hear back.

Negotiation

The negotiation lasted a day or so.

Health Systems Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The process was very unique as Vanderbilt has a different atmosphere than most companies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not negotiate.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Phone prescreening, initial interview with hiring manager/director, group interview with team

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate. Was an internal transfer/promotion.

Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

Took about three weeks to have interview and background check to return.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

SharePoint Integration Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

The conversation with the Technical Recruiter was friendly, informative, and overall a pleasant experience. He asked me to contact him in a couple weeks to ensure the Hiring Manager had gotten in touch with me. I left a follow-up email and voicemail, but never received a response from either him or the Manager. It's a shame, because my background and my desire to be in an academic environment would have meshed very well.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were typical Q&A from both myself and the Technical Recruiter. Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Health Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview here for me was in Jan of 2007. The interview started in the morning and lasted the entire day. I met with most of the doctors and Team leads for both technical interviews and regular interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you monitor applications in an environment where there is no standard for app servers, or technology developing the application?   1 Answer

Negotiation

the first offer was just under 6 figures and I turned it down. The second offer came a week later for 104k per year which I accepted. I have gained approximately an additional 10k per year in raises since 2007.

Temporary Sub Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was great and offered many chance for carrier. Detailed on education and personal; experience

Interview Questions

• are you willing to adapt to any shift   1 Answer

Negotiation

they called and I accepted