Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Professor Interview

Research Assistant Professor
Nashville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was a internal hire by a PI. I didn't deal with HR at any point during the process. I had previously demonstrated my effectiveness as a researcher and group leader, and the PI was interested in skill sets that made me a unique addition to their team. I have found Vanderbilt HR to be exceedingly policy driven.

Interview Question – What form will success in this position take?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Interview Details – Very straight forward process. A relatively long wait to hear back.

Negotiation Details – The negotiation lasted a day or so.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Postdoctoral Researcher
Nashville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in November 2010.

Interview Details – Easy going. I gave an hour long presentation of my previous work, spoke to lab members, and was hired.

Very Easy Interview

Research Interviewer Interview

Research Interviewer
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in January 2013.

Interview Details – Took about three weeks to have interview and background check to return.

Interview Question – Not any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in July 2010.

Interview Details – Lengthy, lots of people to meet with and it takes a long time to navigate the process

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – lengthy

Research Instructor Interview

Research Instructor
Nashville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in April 2010.

Interview Details – I approached a lab I wanted to work in, sent in my resume, and came for an interview. It lasted two days and I was offered the position the day of my interview. Hiring took a little while, but I was unable to start the position for several months, so the actual hiring process was not expedited.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected was asked   Answer Question

Temporary Sub Interview

Temporary Sub
Nashville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in August 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was great and offered many chance for carrier. Detailed on education and personal; experience

Interview Question – are you willing to adapt to any shift   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they called and I accepted

Health Systems Analyst III Interview

Health Systems Analyst III
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Interview Details – The process was very unique as Vanderbilt has a different atmosphere than most companies.

Interview Question – Given specific situations to test skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Interview Details – Phone prescreening, initial interview with hiring manager/director, group interview with team

Interview Question – All were typical Targeted Selection questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate. Was an internal transfer/promotion.

Transportation Interview

Transportation
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in June 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process takes at least 3 weeks,Interview process is easy.

Negotiation Details – There was none,each position salary is already determined,in most job catagories

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Worked for Vanderbilt University Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!