Vanderbilt University Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vanderbilt, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vanderbilt, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanderbilt University in April 2014.

Applied online. Had a phone interview after one week. Then go for on site interview three weeks later. A full day interview with people there. Got email one week after interview date to inform they would not offer me.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of standard interview questions: why this job, career goal,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Vanderbilt University

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanderbilt University in February 2011.

Arrived from Spain. The professor didn't pay for the airfare to the US; instead, just paid from NYC to Nashville. She also did not pay relocation costs. On the day of the interview, I gave a seminar to the department. Then, met with several professors to talk about my project. In the evening, my soon-to-be boss took me out drinking....she ended up drunk and I had to carry her home.

Interview Questions
    • To explain the specifics of my research project more as to how it relates to differentiation and proliferation.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The university uses a standard NIH payscale for postdocs which begins with a base salary and then increases with each year of prior postdoc experience.