Vanderbilt University

www.vanderbilt.edu

Vanderbilt University Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Vanderbilt, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanderbilt University in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had a phone interview after one week. Then go for on site interview three weeks later. A full day interview with people there. Got email one week after interview date to inform they would not offer me.

Interview Question – Lots of standard interview questions: why this job, career goal,   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Nashville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanderbilt University in February 2011.

Interview Details – Arrived from Spain. The professor didn't pay for the airfare to the US; instead, just paid from NYC to Nashville. She also did not pay relocation costs. On the day of the interview, I gave a seminar to the department. Then, met with several professors to talk about my project. In the evening, my soon-to-be boss took me out drinking....she ended up drunk and I had to carry her home.

Interview Question – To explain the specifics of my research project more as to how it relates to differentiation and proliferation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The university uses a standard NIH payscale for postdocs which begins with a base salary and then increases with each year of prior postdoc experience.

Worked for Vanderbilt University? Contribute to the Community!