Vanderlande Industries

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.2

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Vanderlande Industries in January 2015.

Lengthy. Vanderlande is not looking for industry veterans like some of their competition, but industrial automation knowledge is a big plus. These days it's clearly not about what you know, but what you will contribute to the team. Managers and peers are looking to see how you would mesh with the collective group.

Interview Questions
    Open minded but hiring managers are strong negotiators.

Engineer/Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vanderlande Industries.

They interview a LOT of people but hire about 1 in 200. Not many people are willing to work for such low pay. People seem difficult to get along with and why has nobody been there for more than a few months?

Interview Questions

Pay was crap and people are hard to get a long with. Company seems to be way to heavy with management.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Vanderlande Industries in November 2014.

Long, drawn out, inexperience people asking questions that have nothing to do with what your job will be. They have no idea what to ask or how to behave because they have NEVER interviewed anybody before. Everybody I interviewed with said they did not know why they were interviewing me because they did not have anything to do with the people that were hired for my position. Another person told me he had interviewed 10 people and that none of the people that anybody recommended ever got hired. Most managers seem very disgruntled.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of animal would you be (are you kidding me!)   View Answer
    • Did you accept the job?   View Answer
    They do not negotiate. They make you a WAY low offer and then tell you because you do not have any experience. The funny part is that everybody there I talked to had only been there for a few months (not years) and they did not. They say they will let you try different jobs to see where you fit best but they will not let you change jobs until you have been there for at least a year!. All double talk, confusion and basically fumbling.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Vanderlande Industries in January 2013.

Interview process was somewhat awkward and took a long time. I went through 4-5 interviews and the final was with the president. His office was extremely hot so if you're wearing a suite you will sweat a lot. The president will not have very good questions and will likely be unprepared as your possible final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how sales in your current industry relates to selling in the conveyor industry.   View Answer
    Negotiations were pretty easy and I got most everything I wanted. If there is training involved for you to be successful in this new position get everything in writing. Get the expectations for each step 1-3 months,4-6 months all the up to a year. The president operates and makes decisions on a day to day basis so very knee jerk and reactionary. You need to have it all in writing for your review process or he will change the criteria.

Mechanical Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Vanderlande Industries in May 2010.

Met current employee at campus recruitment event. Was contacted 5-6 months later and asked to take and submit a pre-screen test of technical aptitude. After passing that I was invited for an on-site interview. Two weeks later I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest strength and your biggest weakness?   View Answer
    The initial offer was lower than expected. I inquired why it was so much lower than the numbers presented by campus Career Services and the response was that those numbers are skewed by reporting bias and that the offer was firm.

Maintenance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanderlande Industries in January 2011.

there was no process it was phone call after i sent a resume.

Maintenance Manager At An Airport Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanderlande Industries in May 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter that presented me to Vanderlande. The recruiter felt that I had all the basic qualifications for the job, plus an inside knowledge of the actual industry that Vanderlande was serving. Apparently Vanderlande is very technical, wanting a mechanic that also had alot of management experience. I don't know where they'd find a candidate like that. Usually a blue-collar mechanic stays a mechanic, or a manager might not know how to get down and dirty and actually fix the problem with tools. But that's the problem with most companies now they want the "prince charming/knight on a white horse" of job candidates.

Administrative Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanderlande Industries in January 2010.

this process takes 2days