Vangent Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vangent (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was initiated by a recruiter via phone. I was asked about 5 questions regarding job history and the ability to type 20 words per minute. There was a typing test after the phone interview. Easily got hired and was told the pay is non-negotiable. The first day I saw no dress code enforced as I saw people on there first day in blue jeans.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were standard customer service based questions. Example "tell me a time when a customer was (insert emotion)"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Vangent.

Interview

It depends. The VP of HR has no idea what type of consistency there is across the organization. Hiring criteria, questions asked and level of background check is dependent on which site and which program.

Interview Questions

• Again, this is very subjective. Be ready for anything from experiential to behavioral depending on which program and which site you are interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what my last salary was and I told them. Then they offered the same exact amount even though this was an expanded role with more responsibility. They eventually added additional to the offer. Suggestion ~ bump your previous salary to what you want to make.

Custoemr Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vangent (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, fill up endless paperwork, assessment, one-on-one interview with a supervisor. Elementary interview

Negotiation

They will give you a rate and that's it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vangent (Coralville, IA).

Interview

You will fill out the regular online application and submit your resume. Once selected for an interview you will go in an meet with a interviewer for about 10 minutes. They ask about your customer service experience and why they should hire you. You will go through a high security information questionair once hired that will require information from past employers, residence and even school history of 10 years. It will include questions about who knows you well. That was probably the hardest of getting hired. The interview is easy as it is the same questions every other company asks. You can walk in there wearing short shorts and a tank top and still get hired there as I saw someone get hired wearing those items.

Interview Questions

• What is different about you than those waiting in the lobby that would make me want to hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is no negotiation phase. You get hired, they tell you the hours, and the pay. Nothing ever changes, ever.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vangent (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Temporary position in call center for Federal Student Aid Information Center. Recruiter called for phone interview. Group interview, typing test -30 words/minute minimum. Meet with an individual where they go through a list of questions. Very basic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Government contract.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vangent (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Easy. Group hiring, supervisors help with interview process. They make you read ask you general questions and do a background check no drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Apply you will get hired.

1-800-Medicare Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vangent (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

I received a call from the company to come in and take a skills test and then do a 1:1 interview. After completing the 1:1 interview I was offered a position at the company. Everyone there was very nice, down to earth and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to meet a deadline and how did you handle the task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The position is non negotiable. However, the pay is fair considering the going wage for a similar job in the city.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vangent (Chester, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview to start, basic questions about computer knowledge and customer service skills. Then they set up a face to face interview hired same day and completed paperwork the same day. Typing test was easy just needed 30 wpm.

Negotiation

none

1-800-Medicare Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vangent (Coralville, IA) in July 2011.

Interview

When you first go in you take a typing test. You must be able to type 20wpm. Then you watch a video on the company. They will have you wait until the interviewer is ready. You will go in and do a basic interview process. You also will have to read a script and then answer questions on the script. Then you will be asked to wait again for the 2nd interviewer. They will run through a little bit more on the company. This is where you would ask any questions. I was given the job the day I did the interview. They give you all the paperwork to fill out and set up another date you would like to come in to turn in the paperwork and have your picture taken for your id badge.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are super easy. Have you worked anywhere fast paced before?   1 Answer
    • We speak to many elderly people how do you handle that and are you good at getting your message across?   2 Answers
    • Ethics is very important with good reason. Have you ever had to deal with personal knowledge of a customer what is your policy at work now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vangent in April 2011.

Interview

Very easy interview. They have you take a typing test. You must be able to pass a government background check

Negotiation

There is not a negotiation phase what ever the set pay is for that contract is it.