Vangent

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Vangent in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was initiated by a recruiter via phone. I was asked about 5 questions regarding job history and the ability to type 20 words per minute. There was a typing test after the phone interview. Easily got hired and was told the pay is non-negotiable. The first day I saw no dress code enforced as I saw people on there first day in blue jeans.

Interview Question – The interview questions were standard customer service based questions. Example "tell me a time when a customer was (insert emotion)"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Call Center Customer Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vangent in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy interview. They have you take a typing test. You must be able to pass a government background check

Negotiation Details – There is not a negotiation phase what ever the set pay is for that contract is it.

Census Worker Interview

Census Worker
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Vangent in March 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted application and was called in for an interview. HR reviewed my experience answered some questions that I had and made me an offer.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as this was a temporary job working for the 2010 census. I had previously worked for them during the 2000 census.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations, at least none I anticipated as I worked for them previously.

Custoemr Service Representative Interview

Custoemr Service Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vangent in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, fill up endless paperwork, assessment, one-on-one interview with a supervisor. Elementary interview

Negotiation Details – They will give you a rate and that's it.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Vangent.

Interview Details – It depends. The VP of HR has no idea what type of consistency there is across the organization. Hiring criteria, questions asked and level of background check is dependent on which site and which program.

Interview Question – Again, this is very subjective. Be ready for anything from experiential to behavioral depending on which program and which site you are interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked what my last salary was and I told them. Then they offered the same exact amount even though this was an expanded role with more responsibility. They eventually added additional to the offer. Suggestion ~ bump your previous salary to what you want to make.

Coralville, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vangent.

Interview Details – You will fill out the regular online application and submit your resume. Once selected for an interview you will go in an meet with a interviewer for about 10 minutes. They ask about your customer service experience and why they should hire you. You will go through a high security information questionair once hired that will require information from past employers, residence and even school history of 10 years. It will include questions about who knows you well. That was probably the hardest of getting hired. The interview is easy as it is the same questions every other company asks. You can walk in there wearing short shorts and a tank top and still get hired there as I saw someone get hired wearing those items.

Interview Question – What is different about you than those waiting in the lobby that would make me want to hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation phase. You get hired, they tell you the hours, and the pay. Nothing ever changes, ever.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vangent.

Interview Details – Temporary position in call center for Federal Student Aid Information Center. Recruiter called for phone interview. Group interview, typing test -30 words/minute minimum. Meet with an individual where they go through a list of questions. Very basic.

Interview Question – How do you react to a caller that is angry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Government contract.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Vangent.

Interview Details – Easy. Group hiring, supervisors help with interview process. They make you read ask you general questions and do a background check no drug test.

Interview Question – None, random general questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Apply you will get hired.

Trainer Interview

Trainer
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vangent in August 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is strange. You must first post a resume in a strict format. When applying, the resumes are screened for keywords by computer. If you pass this initial review, you are then granted an interview. During the interview you are required to have a 15 minute presentation on any topic for aproximately 10 people.

Interview Question – The presentation is the most difficult part of the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, just an offer with a take it or leave it attitude.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Customer Service Representative I
Chester, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vangent in July 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview to start, basic questions about computer knowledge and customer service skills. Then they set up a face to face interview hired same day and completed paperwork the same day. Typing test was easy just needed 30 wpm.

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for Vangent? Contribute to the Community!