Vanguard

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brokerage Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Vanguard.

Interview Details – Initially a telephone interview. Next, you were called in to meet with a manger and supervisor. If everything went well you got the job. The onboarding was interesting. You were inundated with the Vanguard mantra through team building exercises. You were pretty much free to leave early if you finished the book assignments they gave you.

Interview Question – Questions were in the star format. Not too complicated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate anything. Either you work for us or not. We do not care. We have over 2000 applicants a day.

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in January 2010.

Interview Details – Took a 3 weeks to get hired due to final exams, the company was very flexible and understanding that school came first. First I went to the career, then two phone interviews. Flew me down to Phoenix and got 3 interviews from different team leaders.

Interview Question – Hardest question, what are your weaknesses. You have to be careful, DO NOT SAY " I WORK VERY HARD " or somewhere along those lines. Be honest but also be careful what you say, also add in what you are doing to improve your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiations just when you are able to start work.

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in September 2011.

Interview Details – Tell me a time. Rehearse behavior questions using star format

Interview Question – Tell me a time you went above and beyond to create a delightful client experience   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied, phone interview with recruiter, 2 1-on-1s with managers for about 30min..offer 3 days later

Scottsdale, AZ

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vanguard in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy going and relaxed interview. I got lucky, one of the people that i interviewed with was from where I am from so we had an instant connection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to explain something to someone and they didn't understand?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time or have you ever handled the responsibilities of your job and done another co-workers at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 38-40

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy process had an interview based on behavioral question during a college recruitment the a formal phone interview followed by a group interview an the 2 interviews at the office. All behavioral based. The salary is negotiable up to 40,000. That's if they really want you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Just have to ask for 40.

Brokerage Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard in August 2011.

Interview Details – I received an on-site interview after talking to Vanguard at my university's job fair. The interview was 2 on 1. Most of the questions they asked me were behavorial. A couple questions were to see if I had a basic knowledge of the stock market. The interview took about 30 minutes. I was told I would hear back at the end of the week even if I was declined. I received no call back and the week after I contacted them and was told I was declined.

Interview Question – Where do you see youself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!