Vanguard

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Brokerage Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vanguard.

STAR based questions after initial computer based testing, and phone interview. There were two people, one supervisor and one manager. They asked questions and took notes, and it was very dry and clinical, not warm at all.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you were helping a client, and didn't have the answer - how would you handle that?   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Brokerage Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Vanguard.

Initially a telephone interview. Next, you were called in to meet with a manger and supervisor. If everything went well you got the job. The onboarding was interesting. You were inundated with the Vanguard mantra through team building exercises. You were pretty much free to leave early if you finished the book assignments they gave you.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were in the star format. Not too complicated.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate anything. Either you work for us or not. We do not care. We have over 2000 applicants a day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in September 2011.

Tell me a time. Rehearse behavior questions using star format

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you went above and beyond to create a delightful client experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard in April 2011.

Applied, phone interview with recruiter, 2 1-on-1s with managers for about 30min..offer 3 days later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard in January 2011.

Very easy going and relaxed interview. I got lucky, one of the people that i interviewed with was from where I am from so we had an instant connection.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to explain something to someone and they didn't understand?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time or have you ever handled the responsibilities of your job and done another co-workers at the same time?   Answer Question
    38-40

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in January 2010.

Very easy process had an interview based on behavioral question during a college recruitment the a formal phone interview followed by a group interview an the 2 interviews at the office. All behavioral based. The salary is negotiable up to 40,000. That's if they really want you.

Just have to ask for 40.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in January 2010.

Took a 3 weeks to get hired due to final exams, the company was very flexible and understanding that school came first. First I went to the career, then two phone interviews. Flew me down to Phoenix and got 3 interviews from different team leaders.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest question, what are your weaknesses. You have to be careful, DO NOT SAY " I WORK VERY HARD " or somewhere along those lines. Be honest but also be careful what you say, also add in what you are doing to improve your weaknesses.   Answer Question
    no room for negotiations just when you are able to start work.

Brokerage Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard in August 2011.

I received an on-site interview after talking to Vanguard at my university's job fair. The interview was 2 on 1. Most of the questions they asked me were behavorial. A couple questions were to see if I had a basic knowledge of the stock market. The interview took about 30 minutes. I was told I would hear back at the end of the week even if I was declined. I received no call back and the week after I contacted them and was told I was declined.