1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Clent Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in January 2011.

I have submitted my resume for a number of positions within the Vangaurd group through the years. This was the first time I actually got an interview. I submitted my resume and the same day I recieved a phone call from HR, it was a monday and they wanted to interview me the next morning by phone which I agreed to. After that interview, I was told they were interested in interviewing me again by phone so another interview was set up for thursday. That went well because I was then contacted and was invited to come on campus for an interview. They wanted me to come in on friday but I couldn't so I went in on Monday. I then met with two people at the same time. Asked behavioral questions (they follow a script and go by the STAR technique - Situation, Task, Action and Result). I thought that went pretty well - one gentleman was new, only having been there for about 6 months and the other was on the project management team. After I met with the two of them, I then met with two more gentlemen. They were actually managers in the dept for which I was interviewing for. They asked a few questions again and then I was presented with a case scenario. Once I looked over the scenario, we acted it out. It was fairly easy to me......after that, i was then presented with another piece of paper and asked to look over it. I was not exactly sure what they were looking for and they told me there was no right or wrong answer. There was a few case scenarios showing names, net worth and investments......I just told them what I saw with each case and what I would talk to them about. Not sure how that went over....but since there was no right or wrong answer it should have been ok. I then met with someone who actually does the job I was interviewing for. She had a voucher to take me to lunch and we sat and I asked her questions like what kind of calls does she get and what her typical day looks like. To me it was kind of a grueling process........it took a lot out of me to meet with 5 people and have 2 phone interviews and I was not offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Look at this piece of paper and tell me what you see. Be as creative as you can and remember there is no right or wrong answer.   2 Answers
  • Tell me a situation where you were told that you could have done something better.   1 Answer