Vanguard

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard.

Had one phone interview that lasted about an hour. Questions were fairly simple and I was requested to fly out for an in person interview afterwards. The process was very laid back, fast, and simple to go through. Two interviews, one behavioral and the other a case study. Again, both were fairly simple though I would recommend studying a bit on asset allocation and optimal portfolios.

Interview Questions
  • Case study: Asked what type of asset allocation would be appropriate for a person's portfolio if they are planning to build a house soon but have no other major expenses in the foreseeable future.   Answer Question

Salary was a bit lower than hoped for compared to national averages.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Client Relations Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vanguard in October 2014.

Very relaxed, great interviewer. Process took a total of about 1 week. A recruiter reached out to me and provided set up an in person interview for the next week.

Client Relations Associate Interview

Be ready for two real interviews once you get to Scottsdale. One is behavioral questions and the other is a scenario role play. The behavioral is relatively easy to study for but the scenario is different cause you can't study for it. Review the role play well, be very helpful and personable, and be confident. When in the intro and concluding meetings as a group be sure to make your presence known by asking a lot of intelligent questions while not sounding too annoying.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with an unhappy client or customer in the past?   View Answer

Client Relations Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

Phone interview, then in office interview with two managers. STAR questions- situation, task, action, result- the whole time- behavior based questions. Come prepared, bring your resume, wear conservative clothing. I did a case study- basically the answer is the client is always right but do what you need to do to follow the rules.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us everything you know about Vanguard. Do you follow the market?   Answer Question

Client Relations Associate Interview

Contacted through school career office. Scheduled a phone interview with HR for the next week. The interview was pretty straightforward behavioral questions, make sure to know all about mutual funds, etfs, series 7 exam, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What's a current economic issue you've been following?   View Answer

Client Relations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

Very easy interview process. The process was only one round, and they asked generic questions about the firm, why do you want to work at Vanguard, and what type of financial knowledge do you have. I met with two different people, separately, and they both asked questions along the same line. I has several behavioral questions, focusing on dedication to the job and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • A behavioral based question: What would you do if it's 5:00PM on a Friday, you're getting ready to leave for the a weekend trip with your friends, and a client calls requesting help with a very complicated issue that will surely cause you to miss your ride with your friends. How would you handle their issue?   Answer Question
    Vanguard does not negotiate salaries for this position. I accepted the offer and wish I hadn't. It's essentially a call-center, where you'll field 60 - 100 calls per day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vanguard in January 2014.

For the Phone interview there were mostly behavior questions and Emphasis on having a 3.0 or better Gpa.

Interview Questions
    • I actually told them I didn't have the 3.0 so interview ended right there.   Answer Question

Client Relations Associate Interview

STAR based questions, just be ready to tell good stories from your past experiences

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Vanguard in March 2013.

Initially had a phone interview with HR that contained basic behavorial questions. Invited in for a half-day and interviewed with 2 different managers. They asked both behavorial and technical questions and they also ended with a case question.

Interview Questions
    • The case included customer service scenarios where there may have been time sensitive issues involved. They wanted to see what you found to be most important in these situations and then the steps you would take to resolve these issues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in January 2013.

The interview process is really just to determine how well you can drink the Vanguard kool-aid. You have the standard star behavioral questions, a case study, etc. The day is usually structured as a lengthy introduction to the company, which can be really boring for a corporate orientation.