Vanguard Client Relations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014

3.1

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Relations Associate Interview

Be ready for two real interviews once you get to Scottsdale. One is behavioral questions and the other is a scenario role play. The behavioral is relatively easy to study for but the scenario is different cause you can't study for it. Review the role play well, be very helpful and personable, and be confident. When in the intro and concluding meetings as a group be sure to make your presence known by asking a lot of intelligent questions while not sounding too annoying.

Interview Questions
  • How did you deal with an unhappy client or customer in the past?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in January 2013.

The interview process is really just to determine how well you can drink the Vanguard kool-aid. You have the standard star behavioral questions, a case study, etc. The day is usually structured as a lengthy introduction to the company, which can be really boring for a corporate orientation.

Client Relations Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

Phone interview, then in office interview with two managers. STAR questions- situation, task, action, result- the whole time- behavior based questions. Come prepared, bring your resume, wear conservative clothing. I did a case study- basically the answer is the client is always right but do what you need to do to follow the rules.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us everything you know about Vanguard. Do you follow the market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Vanguard in March 2013.

Initially had a phone interview with HR that contained basic behavorial questions. Invited in for a half-day and interviewed with 2 different managers. They asked both behavorial and technical questions and they also ended with a case question.

Interview Questions
    • The case included customer service scenarios where there may have been time sensitive issues involved. They wanted to see what you found to be most important in these situations and then the steps you would take to resolve these issues.   Answer Question

Client Relations Associate Interview

Contacted through school career office. Scheduled a phone interview with HR for the next week. The interview was pretty straightforward behavioral questions, make sure to know all about mutual funds, etfs, series 7 exam, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What's a current economic issue you've been following?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valley Forge, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in October 2012.

STAR format

Client Relations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

Very easy interview process. The process was only one round, and they asked generic questions about the firm, why do you want to work at Vanguard, and what type of financial knowledge do you have. I met with two different people, separately, and they both asked questions along the same line. I has several behavioral questions, focusing on dedication to the job and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • A behavioral based question: What would you do if it's 5:00PM on a Friday, you're getting ready to leave for the a weekend trip with your friends, and a client calls requesting help with a very complicated issue that will surely cause you to miss your ride with your friends. How would you handle their issue?   Answer Question
    Vanguard does not negotiate salaries for this position. I accepted the offer and wish I hadn't. It's essentially a call-center, where you'll field 60 - 100 calls per day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vanguard in January 2014.

For the Phone interview there were mostly behavior questions and Emphasis on having a 3.0 or better Gpa.

Interview Questions
    • I actually told them I didn't have the 3.0 so interview ended right there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in March 2012.

Candidates are reached out to by a phone call. You are asked to come in to the Malvern office for two interviews and a group presentation about the company. I did not find the interviews stressful. On the whole, the interviewers are pleasant people who simply want to get to know you. They want to know you personality and how you present yourself. They want highly competent people to speak with their clients. You should highly prepare yourself in knowing the Vanguard story and principles. Be prepared for STAR format questions and to talk about yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    Salaries at Vanguard are not negotiable. There are, however, many opportunities for indirect compensation such as pursuing professional designations or receiving a comfortable amount of paid time off.

Client Relations Associate Interview

STAR based questions, just be ready to tell good stories from your past experiences

No negotiation

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!