Vanguard Client Relationship Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with 1 hour phone interview/screen. Lots of STAR questions, questions about financial industry and general interview questions. Went to interview in person, took about 4 hours. Two one on one interviews and a case competition was all it was. Also took a tour of the place. Work culture is strict and you would be on the phone all day for this type of position. Vanguard is very employee focused.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to gain someone’s trust   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Two managers talking initially about the heat here in Arizona, general ice breaking conversation. They then described the interview process and explain they would be, i.e. STAR type questions. They also allowed time for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a client" etc. They also asked about a time when you had a difficult client, what happened and how did you diffuse the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable offer, accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied on-line at the Vanguard site. Was contacted by emal just a couple of days later to schedule a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was with a recruiter located in Pennsylvania. She was very nice. Took about 25 mins or so. I was then contacted about a day or two later to schedule a date and time to interview at the Charlotte location. Interview consisted of two parts. First a 1 on 1 that took about an hour. Went over resume/work history then he asked about 6 or 7 questions from a format that he was following. Not very difficult. Be honest. Second part also took about an hour. Was given a case study to review for about 10 mins. Then had to role play it with a manager while another managed looked on and took notes. Everyone was very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process consists of two major parts: 1. Interview Questions: Vanguard focuses highly on behavioral based questions. They call them STAR questions, which stands for Situation, Task, Action, and Result. When applying for any job at Vanguard (whether you're a current employee or an external andidate), make sure that you prepare for this type of questions. The more specific the example, the better. 2. Case Study: The interviewer will ask you to read a scenario and will have you complete a role play to see how well you would handle a sensitive client for the job which you are applying. Make sure to read the scenario in full, as I have been tripped up with minute details that they tested me on.

Interview Questions

• A common question that they ask is: What are your 3 biggest strengths and weaknesses? This quesion always tends to trip me up, as the weaknesses need to have a positive spin on them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer at Vanguard is not exactly negotiable. It's a take it or leave it option. When evaluating whether to accept a job offer or not, look online here on Glass Door to see what comparable salaries are with Vanguard's competitors.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in May 2009.

Interview

Typical interview steps. HR than Hiring Manager. Phone and face to face.

Low pay

Client Relationship Administrator Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanguard in May 2012.

Interview

Behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe situation with difficult client, how did you deal with the situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Client Relationship Administrator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in April 2011.

Interview

Phase 1: Phone Interview with internal recruiter with general background history and STAR questions. Phase 2: Phone interview with a manager within the department I would be joining. Once again, background and STAR questions. For example, tell me about a time when you dealth with a difficult client. Phase 3: On campus inteviews. There were two two-on-one interviews, one case study that required analyzing a book of business, and a role play of dealing with a client situation. Phase 4: Lunch which was provided by the firm and consisted of a casual conversation with someone who was currently in the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation you have faced. What was the situation and how did you cope with it?   Answer Question
    • Is there an achievement of which you are particularly proud? What is it? Why is it significant?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, but they are firm on their offers, becuase they feel their total beneifts package balances your overall compensation.