Vanguard

Updated Aug 22, 2014

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Relationship Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in July 2014.

I submitted my application online, was contacted about three weeks later. Had a 15 minute phone interview in which I was scheduled to come in for an in person interview. The interview was not high pressure, more of an experiences based conversation with the STAR method behavioral questions thrown in there. Have your answers ready as well as questions I be asked at the end of the interview. Look professional, but don't be too nervous, you want to appear confident and capable in high stress situations. I was contacted after 3 days to accept the position.

I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

Applied online, 1 phone interview, 1 in-person interview.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard in August 2011.

phone interview, then in person interview with a supervisor and a manager. Questions are mostly behavioral based on STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult decision you've made in the last 6 months   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vanguard in April 2011.

I found this position on my University's career website and applied. About 2 days later I received an email requesting a phone interview with a recruiter in the PA office which was set for the following week (on a Wednesday I believe). The phone interview lasted about 40 min, a few behavioral questions (Vanguard uses the STAR method to interview people). I was then asked to come in for a face to face interview at the Charlotte office the following tuesday and I was told after that interview I would hear from Vanguard a week later saying whether or not I got the job. So I went in for the interview at the Charlotte office it consisted of two hr long 1 on 1 interviews with 2 different managers. It went really well (make sure you ask the interviewer questions after they're done asking you questions and again know the STAR method). The only problem I had was during the 2nd hr of the interview the manager spoke to me as if he wanted to disuade me from working there...idk I thought that was little weird. But anyway the next week I got a call saying I got the job and I accepted!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you dealt with an upset customer and explain how you calmed them down.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed. The benefits package is great. Raise after 6 months.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in October 2010.

Apply online within few days HR phone calls to set up future phone interview. HR phone interview few days later, HR will invite you in for an in person interview within a week or so, they will let you know if you got the job.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in September 2010.

I initially applied online, shortly after applying I received an email for a telephone interview with someone from PA. Had my telephone interview (behavioral questions), once I got done I was told she would like for me to have an in person interview in Charlotte where I was applying...one week later I interviewed with them on a Friday. I was telephoned on Monday with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations...the opportunity and benefits were enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard in July 2010.

I was contacted to schedule a phone interview about 2 weeks after submitting my application online. The phone interview was basically 4 or 5 behavioral questions. A week later I did an in person interview. I was interviewed by two different people and in between I had a case study to work on. These interviews were also mainly behavioral questions. They have forms they work off of for the interview so you could be asked the same questions in both interviews. They tell you if you want to give the same answer though that that is okay. At the end I was given a tour of the office. Apparently they have had some employs in the past start the job without realizing they would be working in a call center and then quitting immediately, so they want people to see what it is like now. It seems like a pretty nice facility and it seemed like everyone was pretty friendly and said hello to each other.

Interview Questions
    There is not really any room for negotiation. They tell you what you will be doing and how much they will pay you for it and you either accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard in June 2010.

Behavior based interviewing using STAR questions.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard in September 2008.

Initial phone interview; called in for a face to face interview which consisted of meeting three separate ones. One with HR, Team Leader, and a manager.

Nothing was negotiated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard in June 2008.

Interview process was very rigorous. Three back to back interviews with HR manager, Department manager and Hiring Manager. The used STAR format and was basically all behavioral questions. There was one phone interview, and then the one on one interview. Best Advice: Know the star format inside and out and familiarize yourself with off the wall questions.

Interview Questions
    They offered and I just accepted. Regret not negotiating.