Vanguard Client Relationship Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

3.2

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online, was contacted about three weeks later. Had a 15 minute phone interview in which I was scheduled to come in for an in person interview. The interview was not high pressure, more of an experiences based conversation with the STAR method behavioral questions thrown in there. Have your answers ready as well as questions I be asked at the end of the interview. Look professional, but don't be too nervous, you want to appear confident and capable in high stress situations. I was contacted after 3 days to accept the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).

Interview

Applied online, 1 phone interview, 1 in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

4 Hours long. You are first brought into a room with a group of other applicants and you meet some of the management. Then you are taken on two one on one interviews with different managers. One of the interviews is scenario based and the other interview is in the STAR format. Lastly, all applicants are brought back together and a member of HR goes over the benefit offerings that Vanguard offers.

Interview Questions

• STAR formatted questions such as "Tell me about a time when you have to deal with a stressful customer service situation?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

phone interview, then in person interview with a supervisor and a manager. Questions are mostly behavioral based on STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult decision you've made in the last 6 months   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

I found this position on my University's career website and applied. About 2 days later I received an email requesting a phone interview with a recruiter in the PA office which was set for the following week (on a Wednesday I believe). The phone interview lasted about 40 min, a few behavioral questions (Vanguard uses the STAR method to interview people). I was then asked to come in for a face to face interview at the Charlotte office the following tuesday and I was told after that interview I would hear from Vanguard a week later saying whether or not I got the job. So I went in for the interview at the Charlotte office it consisted of two hr long 1 on 1 interviews with 2 different managers. It went really well (make sure you ask the interviewer questions after they're done asking you questions and again know the STAR method). The only problem I had was during the 2nd hr of the interview the manager spoke to me as if he wanted to disuade me from working there...idk I thought that was little weird. But anyway the next week I got a call saying I got the job and I accepted!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you dealt with an upset customer and explain how you calmed them down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. The benefits package is great. Raise after 6 months.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in October 2010.

Interview

Apply online within few days HR phone calls to set up future phone interview. HR phone interview few days later, HR will invite you in for an in person interview within a week or so, they will let you know if you got the job.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in September 2010.

Interview

I initially applied online, shortly after applying I received an email for a telephone interview with someone from PA. Had my telephone interview (behavioral questions), once I got done I was told she would like for me to have an in person interview in Charlotte where I was applying...one week later I interviewed with them on a Friday. I was telephoned on Monday with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations...the opportunity and benefits were enough.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted to schedule a phone interview about 2 weeks after submitting my application online. The phone interview was basically 4 or 5 behavioral questions. A week later I did an in person interview. I was interviewed by two different people and in between I had a case study to work on. These interviews were also mainly behavioral questions. They have forms they work off of for the interview so you could be asked the same questions in both interviews. They tell you if you want to give the same answer though that that is okay. At the end I was given a tour of the office. Apparently they have had some employs in the past start the job without realizing they would be working in a call center and then quitting immediately, so they want people to see what it is like now. It seems like a pretty nice facility and it seemed like everyone was pretty friendly and said hello to each other.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not really any room for negotiation. They tell you what you will be doing and how much they will pay you for it and you either accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

Behavior based interviewing using STAR questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2008.

Interview

Initial phone interview; called in for a face to face interview which consisted of meeting three separate ones. One with HR, Team Leader, and a manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiated.