Vanguard Client Relationship Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

It was super relaxed. I applied for the job and a recruiter got back to me about two weeks later. He emailed me asking for some times when we could chat on the phone. We then set up a time and he called. The interview took about half an hour. He asked very simple questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

Applied online and received request for phone interview a few days later. Lasted almost the full hour-asked questions about resume and past work experiences, followed by questions using the STAR format (tell me about a time you showed leadership, handled a situation with a difficult customer/client). Then went into a couple financial market questions, difference between stock/bond, ETF/mutual fund, what current market issues interest me or would effect Vanguard. Recruiter asked to set up next interview right on the spot.

On campus interview lasted about 5 hours. 1st hour was an introduction of the company, 2nd hour was with a manager asking questions around resume and past experience, again used the STAR format. Be sure to have past examples of work history, practice beforehand so your able to get as specific as possible. 3rd hour spent with another manager who went through the case study. Allowed 15 minutes to review scenario, retain, and an
    answer a series of questions. Basically looking at your ability to listen, understand, empathize, and react on the fly. Read carefully, write notes down if necessary, and just take it slow. Next part of the case study provided about 5 minutes where we then led into a mock phone call. Definitely not easy because you don't know what is going to be asked, but again, empathize, use basic financial knowledge, and take it slow. Last hour was an overview of company benefits which are awesome.

Waited a (long!) week to receive offer! Accepted, no negotiating but didn't feel like I had too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, great benefits

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a day later for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about ten minutes. Knew I bombed it right away. Very hard. But it was also my first interview ever so I was very nervous

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Easy. Lots of "look at us we are so great". You're interviewed by a random Team Leader they are usually very friendly. The interview process is super easy. You might do a role play of a typical phone situation.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. First part was a phone interview with a recruiter, asking what I knew about the company, why I was interested in the company, etc. The next was an on site interview. First hour is a presentation about the position, next hour was a 1-1 standard case study. Third hour was a 1-1 interview with behavioral questions. Final hour was a benefits presentation and a short campus tour.

Interview Questions

• What's something happening in the news financially related that interests you?   Answer Question
    • Would you recommend money market funds or bonds/stocks to this client and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview after applying online. After my recruiter invited me to an on-campus interview, she was extremely helpful and told me everything I needed to prepare for. After going there last week I thought the behavioral interview wasn't too difficult and the case study was harder than I had anticipated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online via Vanguard Career Site. Three days later I was contacted by a recruiter through email inviting me to participate in a phone interview, which lasted approximately 50 minutes. I was invited, during this call, to an onsite interview, which lasted about 4 hours. The process moved along quickly. The environment onsite was warm and friendly and they made you feel relaxed and welcomed.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with an upset customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

The whole interview process took about 3 weeks. First you turn in an application, then a phone interview then an on campus interview. Then you wait a week and they call you with an offer, or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. The in person was 4 parts. 1st was a presentation about Vanguard. 2nd and 3rd were the one on one interviews. One was a case study and then a role play off of the case study. The other was your typical interview going over your resume and experience as well as STAR based behavioral questions. Also they asked about current market trends. 4th was a presentation of benefits and a campus tour. After that you were free to go. It went from 7:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

Interview Questions

• What interests you most about what is going on in the current financial markets?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

Interview

The process took a few weeks. I interviewed on a college campus first. I was asked a few financial technical questions, but mostly behavior STAR questions. They asked about salary expectations. You'll be fine if you know what you want and some financial basics. I was then told it would take a few weeks to hear a response, but was contacted the next week about a phone interview. I guess my interviewer had not posted her notes and another recruiter picked me up. I was then told they'd be flying me out to second round interviews. These were a bit more technical and included the dreaded case study.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to learn a new skill quickly.   Answer Question