Vanguard Client Service Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2014

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in July 2010.

They contacted me by email from some internet job site. First a phone interview then a panel interview with STAR questions. The interviewers were a team leader and a principal, the team leaders boss.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you disagreed with your boss? Explain how you answer a question you do not know the answer to? Where do you get you business news from?   View Answer
no negotiation, fixed offer

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Vanguard in November 2010.

Very pleasant and non-threatening initial contact. Pleasant interview process. One interviewer asked if working in a call center would be a deterrent. Extremely easy interview with minimal questions - probably a tip-off as to how desperate the company was to hire with minimal experience in this field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in April 2010.

Applied through university right after college. They contacted me for a phone interview with an HR manager. Mostly discussed my prior internships and why I was interested in working in finance. After the initial phone interview, I went on site to have an interview with two managers. One was set to my boss directly, and the other was the department head.

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

Dropped off resume and application. Receiced a phone call and scheduled first interveiw. A second interveiw was arranged a week later. Received offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simular in regards to prior client service experience. They did not ask about investment knowledge.   Answer Question
    No negotiating

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Vanguard.

Received an invitation for a phone interview one week after applying online.

Interview Questions
    • What is a series 7 license? Why do you want to work for Vanguard?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in August 2013.

Started the process with a 30 minute screening phone call. Couple of days later had a phone interview that lasted about an hour. Finally was scheduled to come to their campus for an on-site in-person interview that lasted four hours. Was with a group of nine other people. Various ages and backgrounds. Had two 1-hour interviews. First was a roleplay scenario and a case study that I found to be easy. Just use common customer service and pay attention to clients needs. Next was behavioral questions for an hour which I hated.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you didn't agree with your boss. How did you handle it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, but was offered the highest possible salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in July 2009.

They don't really tell you what the job is, they just make it sound so great because it is client facing, when in realty you are working in a call center. They don't tell you about the other opportunities within the company and it all seems like a mystery.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to know the whole history of the company and mutual fund industry. They don't give business cards so it is impossible to have a follow-up thank you.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate with me it all, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in August 2011.

Vanguard mostly uses the STAR type interview questions. So its "Tell me a time when" Or "Describe a situation when" questions. They want you to put it into STAR format. Situation, Task, Action, Result.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately I don't remember the questions because its been a while since I've interviewed.   Answer Question
    There wasn't really any negotiation. It was a "take it or leave it" type offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in April 2012.

Started with an initial phone interview lasting about 45 minutes. Got invited for a half day of touring the facilities and interviews. The interviews consisted of a 1 on 1, then with two other people that presented a case for me to answer. The case was very easy. My biggest issue was that they asked so many behavioral questions I started to run out of things to say.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard in February 2012.

First I had a telephone interview and then had a interview in person with a case competition. The entire process was a pleasure up until I contacted HR to follow up with the position. I received zero response from a thank you letter as well as a follow up letter. Three weeks later I was notified I did not receive the position by mail.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a previous job where you had a confrontation with a client?   Answer Question

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!