Vanguard

Very Easy Interview

Data Visualization Specialist Interview

Data Visualization Specialist
Malvern, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Vanguard in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with a Vanguard recruiter. Next, a more extensive interview with the same recruiter. At that time I was informed that I would be having an in-person interview. They covered travel expenses and accommodations. My research into Vanguard lead only to positive reviews. This is a very professional and ethical organization. I had three interviews while there and found everyone to be warm and welcoming, as well as quite satisfied with the company. I had an additional exit interview with the recruiter I'd initially met for the position and was generally pleased with the benefits and relocation package.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary— or should I say, I wasn't blindsided with anything unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Once I was interviewed in person, the time it took to get back to me, even after repeated follow-ups with the recruiter was unusually long-- approximately 90 days. I was pretty certain I was not being hired, and my wife found a better position during that time, as we were both looking to relocate to the east coast. Finally the recruiter contacted me and apologized for the time it took to make an offer (not totally unexpected for a company as large as Vanguard) and send it to me in writing. I was sorry that the time it took for them to follow up made the difference for me being able to accept their offer.

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!