Vanguard Fund Financial Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard in December 2013.

They are driving to drive 5 skills out of you - Time Management, Teamwork, Initiative, Communication and (I forget). You must be able to demonstrate these skills through STAR based questions. the interviews are 2-1 but the interviewers are friendly and down to earth. They are workers in the department, not interviewing professionals.

Interview Questions
  • STAR based format. They will ask you question trying to get the skills above out of you. They will want specifics. I was asked "When working on a project, name a time a group member was troublesome and how did you handle it?" < This question was asked so that the employees could determine whether you had good "Teamwork" skills.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Vanguard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard in September 2011.

First got a call from the Talent Acquisition Specialist about this opportunity. The phone conversation was for about 20 minutes. Then a week later I had a more formal phone interview with the hiring manager. At the end of the phone interview, the person invited me to a penel interview for the following week. The penel interview was great, the people were super nice. Basic STAR-based questions. Make sure you emphasize your analytical and teamwork skills. Got the offer a few days later!

Interview Questions
    • What gets you up in the morning? (What drives you to get up everyday for work?)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vanguard in December 2009.

Brief telephone introduction/brief Q&A. Scheduled a telephone interview for later that week which lasted approx. 30 min. Was then invited to interview at the Malvern location with about 15 other interviewees. Was given a tour of the campus, sat through an informative presentation, was interviewed by (2) employees, and was provided lunch. Prep for the phone & in-person interview by reviewing the STAR interview process. Emphasis your love for group work and you will be in like Flynt.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent disagreement with your superior or similar figure, and how you resolved it?   Answer Question
    I did not haggle based on what I read online; however, I think I could have received an additional 1-2k per year had I asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vanguard in November 2009.

I was first approached at a Career Fair by a recruiter from Vanguard. After she reviewed my resume, she then asked me if I would like to proceed and participate in a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and dealt with STAR method of interviewing. There was also some behavioral questions such as "What was the hardest information you had to retain recently?" Other than that, the interview was pretty standard. After the end of the interview I was asked to come in for a formal interview, and I have accepted. Looking forward to working with Vanguard in the near future.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a conflict with a boss or employee. How did you handle it and what were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Vanguard in January 2009.

You will be asked a bunch of behavior-based questions with an emphasis on the STAR format, in which you're asked to explain the Situation, Task, Action taken, and end Result. Interviews are typically in a 2 on 1 format, and be expected to have two of these interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you needed to persuade someone else to go along with your idea.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Vanguard in September 2008.

ALL star based questions.

Fund Financial Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

The phone interview was easy if you can sell yourself. The on site interview was a bit more intimidating featuring multiple 2 on 1 interviews (good cop bad cop style) and it was all day. You were most likely reviewed on both the interviews and your interaction with the other people. I was hired with no financial related experience for this position, although I worked all through college, had good references and an excellent GPA above a 3.5.

Interview Questions
    • It's been a while but one question that stood out was something to do with a time when I knew I did something wrong and ignored it.   View Answer
    Non negotiable, I received an offer through the mail and it was accept/decline.