Vanguard

Vanguard Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

Investment Specialist Interview

The interview process was extremely thorough and they make sure that you are very detailed in your tact to get to the clients needs. They are upfront and the atmosphere is extremely welcoming.

Client Service Associate Interview

STAR interview format plus behavioral questions. Understand the investment philosophy, and how important improving the quality of the culture is throughout the company. Not much in the way of quant questions.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to go through a case study of a customer who is potentially about to miss the mandatory withdrawal amount, and want you to go through how you would approach the situation with zero knowledge of their processes.   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vanguard.

Was called on phone and asked if I could fly out that night to interview. The interview was the next day. It started as a standard group talk then separated into one on one interviews with a manager. Following that I was given a case study along with questions. This was discussed with an additional two people. The interview finished in group setting.

Interview Questions
    • How do I know you won't sleep through work?   View Answer

Client Relations Associate Interview

3 interviews total. Very professional atmosphere. I did wear a dress suit to the interview, which is highly encouraged. Vanguard will ask basic interview questions, and also have you fill out a problem resolution form for a "what would you do scenario." My scenario was about a client calling in after 4pm (market close) to place a trade.

Interview Questions
    • Its been awhile since I interviewed. I think it was probably something like "what is your biggest weakness?"   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

Make sure you highlight the fact that you would go above and beyond for a client, even if it meant you would get into trouble.

Interview Questions
    • It's 4:55 and the office closes in 5 minutes and you need supervisor override for a client issue and everyone has gone home for the long weekend. What would you do?   View Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

One phone interview (screening) then a face-to-face interview with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • They surprise you with asking you to complete a case study   Answer Question

C2C Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

There are 2 interviews, one phone or off-site interview and one interview day at the office. The interview day consists of 2 interview sessions, some information sessions, as well as breakfast and lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all questions were behavioral questions based on life experiences. (Tell us about a time when...)   Answer Question
    They have a set range for intern pay.

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard.

I met Vanguard at my schools carrer fair. The first interview I had was over the phone. Basic interview they asked situational questions and questions about my prior internships. They called me back 2 days later to set up an on site interview in Scottsdale. The on site interview (4 hour interview) consisted of several things. The first hour was a meet and greet plus an orientation on the company. The second hour you meet with a hiring manager who asks you to speak on your prior career experiences, and then goes into their STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) questions. The 3rd hour is a case study with two new hiring managers. The first case study you do the interviewers ask you to read a scenario and then answer 5 questions. The second case study is a role play with one of the interviewers. The final hour you ask questions to employees and then do a campus tour.

Interview Questions
    • *The case study is a little difficult because you don't have much time to prep   Answer Question

Wealth Transfer Transition Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vanguard.

Had a two part first day of interview. Questions from the STAR method. Busiest day and how you handled it. Second part of first day was a customer service scenario with questions about how you would handle the situation. Called back for second interview with a manager. Mostly a repeat of first day's STAR style questions.

Developer Interview

Phone screening, and on site interview