Vanguard Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

C2C Interview

Typically interview process. Starting with first round phone interview with one HR, and then second round in-person on site interview. Phone interview is about 30 minutes, and you do a few around of interview in the second round.

Interview Questions
    • Very standardized and formal interview process. Preparation for behavioral questions is must.   Answer Question

Financial Processing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in August 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter at Randstad for an interview. There was no preliminary phone interview, and when I went in for my in-person I learned that this was the first and final interview. This was relieving yet a bit nerve wracking. Make sure to have well-thought out reasons of what interests you about Vanguard and what the company does. Two behavioral questions; one customer service related and the other how you handle obstacles and overcome them. There was also a case study. During the interview, my interviewer said I would be a "perfect fit" for the company. Companies want to make sure your personality would mesh well with other employees. I am a friendly, upbeat person who tried to be as professional as possible and this must have really worked for my benefit. Overall an easy and pleasant interview experience. Offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was about handling a client's requests and there was a lot of information to digest. As long as you can think logically and on your feet, you'll be fine.   Answer Question
    Hourly rate, non negotiable

IT College to Corporate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vanguard.

I submitted my resume online at one of their virtual events. Got an email within a week from a recruiter. They were flexible with the time and date of the interview. During the phone interview they started off with some technical questions and then we moved on to the STAR method behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question for me was: Can you tell me three things you look for in a company?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

Applied for the job online and received an email to set up phone interview. A couple days after the phone interview I was scheduled for in person interview which consisted of 3 interviews and small case study. Questions and case study were as expected, very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • STAR format situational and behavioral questions. Give me an example of a time where you had to be very flexible to achieve something.   Answer Question

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Submitted an application online through referral. About a week later, got contacted through email in order to schedule a phone interview. Interview was simple and lasted for about 20 to 30 minutes. Quite a few financial questions were asked like what is the difference between a stock and a bond, the difference between an ETF and a mutual fund, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had to think outside of the box.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in July 2014.

I submitted my application online, was contacted about three weeks later. Had a 15 minute phone interview in which I was scheduled to come in for an in person interview. The interview was not high pressure, more of an experiences based conversation with the STAR method behavioral questions thrown in there. Have your answers ready as well as questions I be asked at the end of the interview. Look professional, but don't be too nervous, you want to appear confident and capable in high stress situations. I was contacted after 3 days to accept the position.

I did not negotiate.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in October 2010.

Apply online within few days HR phone calls to set up future phone interview. HR phone interview few days later, HR will invite you in for an in person interview within a week or so, they will let you know if you got the job.

none

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

Several hour long interview. Require you to cite experiences in which you went the extra mile and thought outside the box if you want to get hired. Customer service experience is a big plus.

Interview Questions
    • A case study regarding an angry high net worth customer. Requires you to think critically and not just say what you think they want to hear (because it's probably not what they actually wanted to hear anyway).   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate for an entry level position at a world class mutual fund institution. Just getting in and getting my Series 7 passed was enough for me to take the job. The experience for your resume is invaluable, and although the salary+bonuses are modest (40-50k), the benefits are awesome. Incredible retirement plan, Medical-Dental-Optical for $62 a month. They pay 88% of insurance costs.

Client Relations Associate Interview

Be ready for two real interviews once you get to Scottsdale. One is behavioral questions and the other is a scenario role play. The behavioral is relatively easy to study for but the scenario is different cause you can't study for it. Review the role play well, be very helpful and personable, and be confident. When in the intro and concluding meetings as a group be sure to make your presence known by asking a lot of intelligent questions while not sounding too annoying.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with an unhappy client or customer in the past?   View Answer

Resolution Services Associate Interview

Online application, phone interview with HR contact, 4 or so behavioral questions - looking for the STAR format answers. In person interview with hiring managers. Met with 2 managers at the same time, as they followed a very precise list of questions from a 6 page form and wrote down everything I said. End of interview was case study - 20 min for me to read and prepare. Case study required answering multiple questions on how I would handle the situation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your recent work experience when you overcame an obstacle and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!