Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Vanguard
- Client Relationship Specialist (142)
- Client Relations Associate (29)
- Processing Associate (21)
- Client Service Associate (21)
- Client Relationship Associate (21)
- Client Service Representative (14)
- College to Corporate (13)
- Intern (12)
- Brokerage Associate (11)
- Fund Financial Associate (9)
- Client Relationship Associate, Banking (8)
- Client Relationship Administrator (7)
- Customer Relationship Associate (6)
- VADP (6)
- Software Developer (6)
- Technology Leadership Program (6)
- Accelerated Development Program (5)
- Manager (5)
- Investment Specialist (4)
- Problem Resolution Associate (4)
- Vanguard Accelerated Development Program (4)
- Team Leader (4)
- Retirement Specialist (4)
- IT Intern (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Intern - Hourly (3)
- IT (3)
- Project Administrator (3)
- Customer Relationship Specialist (3)
- Retirement Plan Specialist (3)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA).
Not too stressful. They try to prepare you before the interview to have outstanding stories of how you helped a client thru difficult situations, etc. These stories are meant to portray how you react in certain situations, whether you are abrasive/caring/indifferent etc. Overall great experience. You meet with one individual, then a dual interview with a role play assignment.
- "Tell me about a time you tried to sell a customer something they didn't want" Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard in July 2015.
Recruiter called to schedule a phone interview for the following week. I felt well prepared and answered the anticipated questions competently. Was told I would hear back by late the following week. Was never contacted, so I contacted recruiter who informed me at that time that they were moving on with other candidates.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in July 2015.
The phone interview was very easy. But the face to face interview was a little more harder. The hardest part was the role play. Make sure you know what stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and eft funds are. And a current situation going on in marketing right now.
- Name a time when you were in a difficult situation. What did you do to overcome that situation and what was the result? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.
Awesome!!! Managers are extremely professional and intuitive. You can tell that they are focused on your future development within their organization. The interview process includes a pre interview secession in a group of potential hires. This affords you an overview of the company and ideology prior to the 1 on 1. Great idea to decrease apprehension.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in July 2015.
Multiple interview rounds, STAR format questions, get to know the candidate, competency questions, cultural fit questions, general closing section. Online posting process, personal statement and professional resume screening process through HR, mock interview preparation sessions available upon request, multiple position posting is an option
- What is your leadership style? 1 Answer
Helpful (5)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard.
Applied online and received request for phone interview a few days later. Lasted almost the full hour-asked questions about resume and past work experiences, followed by questions using the STAR format (tell me about a time you showed leadership, handled a situation with a difficult customer/client). Then went into a couple financial market questions, difference between stock/bond, ETF/mutual fund, what current market issues interest me or would effect Vanguard. Recruiter asked to set up next interview right on the spot. On campus interview lasted about 5 hours. 1st hour was an introduction of the company, 2nd hour was with a manager asking questions around resume and past experience, again used the STAR format. Be sure to have past examples of work history, practice beforehand so your able to get as specific as possible. 3rd hour spent with another manager who went through the case study. Allowed 15 minutes to review scenario, retain, and an answer a series of questions. Basically looking at your ability to listen, understand, empathize, and react on the fly. Read carefully, write notes down if necessary, and just take it slow. Next part of the case study provided about 5 minutes where we then led into a mock phone call. Definitely not easy because you don't know what is going to be asked, but again, empathize, use basic financial knowledge, and take it slow. Last hour was an overview of company benefits which are awesome. Waited a (long!) week to receive offer! Accepted, no negotiating but didn't feel like I had too.
- Tell me about a time when you showed leadership? Answer Question
No negotiation, great benefits
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vanguard.
It was super relaxed. I applied for the job and a recruiter got back to me about two weeks later. He emailed me asking for some times when we could chat on the phone. We then set up a time and he called. The interview took about half an hour. He asked very simple questions.
- Why I was interested in Vanguard. Answer Question
Helpful (2)Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vanguard in June 2015.
I had a phone screening and then was invited for a second interview. The interview was very standoff-ish and the job sounds nothing like the description written online. Second interview is all day case study and in person interview.
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Vanguard (Malvern, PA) in June 2015.
Emailed resume, got a call a few days later. I had a 20min phone interview. Then was called to interview in Malvern. 1 on 1 then case study followed by a mock customer call. Learn basics of finance and how to treat a disgruntled customer.
- STAR interview questions, tell me a time that you.... 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanguard in June 2015.
Applied online, heard back a day later for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about ten minutes. Knew I bombed it right away. Very hard. But it was also my first interview ever so I was very nervous
- Tell about a time you built rapport with a client Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Vanguard Employees Are Saying
Pros: “The training. The expertise of colleagues. The dynamic environment. The integration of efforts. The emphasis on employee wellness. The error feedback. Great experience builder, especially...”“The training. The expertise of colleagues. The dynamic environment. The integration of efforts. The emphasis on employee wellness. The error feedback. Great experience builder, especially if opportunities do not open up for you within the company itself” – Full Review