Vanguard Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014
346 interviews

Communication Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vanguard.

Behavioral based interview. Required to interview with HR and then with the department.

No negoation

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in November 2013.

A long interview process starting on the phone for an hour conversation. If it all goes well you are asked to visit the headquarters for another interview.

No negotiation

College to Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in March 2013.

I was introduced to Vanguard through a recruiter on campus. I had a brief phone interview later in the week, followed by an on-campus interview. I was then invited to interview at their Scottsdale office shortly afterwards. Did not receive an offer but great company culture and very professional process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked mostly behavioral/STAR questions. Nothing really unexpected or difficult. Helpful to express particular interest in the company and culture.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

One phone interview, one face-to-face interview on-site. Behavior-based questioning, looking for answers in the STAR format. Very friendly and inviting; was not intimidated at all, and it was great to walk through the workplace to the interview room in order to get a sense of the environment and people who work there.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to be as specific as possible in order to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Client Relations Associate Interview

Contacted through school career office. Scheduled a phone interview with HR for the next week. The interview was pretty straightforward behavioral questions, make sure to know all about mutual funds, etfs, series 7 exam, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What's a current economic issue you've been following?   View Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Vanguard in November 2010.

Very pleasant and non-threatening initial contact. Pleasant interview process. One interviewer asked if working in a call center would be a deterrent. Extremely easy interview with minimal questions - probably a tip-off as to how desperate the company was to hire with minimal experience in this field.

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard in February 2010.

Four people interviewed me. You have to give actual examples from real life in order to respond correctly. Think STAR. Situation, Task, Action, Resolution

Not really a negotiation.

Client Relationship Specialist Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Vanguard in March 2014.

I gave the recruiters a resume at my college career fair and they called me a couple weeks later to set up a phone interview. I felt that it went well and they said they said they would get back to me within 5 days. I ended up not getting another interview.

Customer Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Vanguard.

It is a very long process. Phone interview and very detailed in person interviews. The interviews are situational based using the STAR method - situation, task, action, result. Very detailed process. Some of it is duplicated and seems unnecessary.

Interview Questions
    • The STAR questions. They want specific situations and actions.   Answer Question

Flagship Assigned Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valley Forge, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley Forge, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard in August 2010.

Behavioral interview. STAR method. HR interviews first followed by hiring manager(s)

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you knew you had the right answer, your team leader was proceeding in the wrong direction doing things there way, and how you resolved the conflict.   View Answer
    No negotiations allowed. The salary offered was firm - take it or leave it.