Vanguard Investments Australia
www.vanguard.com.au Melbourne, Australia 5000+ Employees

Vanguard Investments Australia Client Relationship Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very upbeat, encouraging, as well as direct and honest. The interview was set with one manager, and then followed by an interview with the floor supervisor. They were very interested in people who genuinely care about the welfare of the clients. The majority of people I encountered during and after the interview process are friendly, very willing to help, always encouraging and willing to listen. The office is conservative, honest, genuinely client focused. It is a call center and the future associates will need to pass the series 7 & 63 exams. Things change often so one must be extremely flexible.

Interview Questions

• How did you react when a client was angry or unhappy?   Answer Question
  • Give us an example of a time when you had to calm a volatile situation or client?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The starting pay is good for someone without a background in the financial industry. It is set and there really is no negotiation for this particular position.

Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in October 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with two guys. The questions were mostly behavioral questions using the STAR technique. They did ask what type of career goals you have and what type of position you would like to be in. For me I wanted to be more of an analyst but the position was for CS. They also had a case study for you to do during. It was about an unhappy customer and they reviewed your answers with you. It was your typical interview. Had a tour around the facility afterward.

Interview Question – Describe a time when your supervisor was unavailable and how you handled a situation that required their presence.   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had a 45 minute phone interview with an hr person. They went through my resume line by line asking me to explain my role in each of my past jobs and asked a few behavioral based questions. (i.e. tell me about a time when you had a difficult choice to make, etc)

Interview Question – behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in January 2010.

Interview Details – The first step was a phone interview, where I was asked some basic questions. After the conclusion I was invited to their office in Charlotte for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you made a good decision when you didn't have all pertinent information?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview consisted of a 45-60 minute phone interview and second interview was about an hour. It consisted behavioral questions.
Tell me of a time you lead a group/
Tell me of a time you had a conflict with a member.
Tell me of a time you handle several tasks, and what kind of time management strategy did you use.

Second interview was a group interview (Two people)
Tell me of a time you had a problem.
Tell me of a time you had to convince someone to do something.
Tell me of a time you had to something for an internal/external client.
Tell me of a time where succesfull a solving a technical problem, and how did you go about solving it.
What do you do to stay updated with the Finance Market?
What do you see yourself doing in five years? (Be specific the career growth of the company)

Main thing about the group interview, as soon as the candidate begins to talk interviewers automatically judge their character. One of the interviewer seemed as if he did want to be there that day. While I was there trying to make it an interesting and proffesional conversation that one particular interviewer made it seem as if it was an interrogation. However, that is the bad thing about people like this; they are more worried about there self interests and miss out on great candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me of time you did something for an internal\externall client.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Vanguard Investments Australia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vanguard Investments Australia Client Relationship Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Vanguard Investments Australia employees and interview candidates.