Vanguard Investments Australia

3.3

Contract IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in April 2012.

1) Initial phone screen with entry-level recruiter at outside staffing company
    2) Second phone screen with higher-level recruiter at outside staffing company
    3) In person interviews that included a video call and face-to-face meeting

Interview Questions
    • What is the exact process you would go through to recruit java developers?   Answer Question

IT College to Corporate Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2011.

I applied for the internship through the Vanguard website. Two weeks after applying I got an email from a senior recruiter at Vanguard asking for availability for a phone interview. I did the phone interview and at the end of the conversation I was invited to the Student Visit Day. The day consisted of two hour long interviews, a problem solving exercise, and a meeting with TLP employees. They told me they would let me know if I would receive an offer I would hear by 1-2 weeks and I heard in 6 days.

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2011.

The hiring process was very upbeat, encouraging, as well as direct and honest. The interview was set with one manager, and then followed by an interview with the floor supervisor. They were very interested in people who genuinely care about the welfare of the clients. The majority of people I encountered during and after the interview process are friendly, very willing to help, always encouraging and willing to listen. The office is conservative, honest, genuinely client focused. It is a call center and the future associates will need to pass the series 7 & 63 exams. Things change often so one must be extremely flexible.

Interview Questions
    • How did you react when a client was angry or unhappy?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time when you had to calm a volatile situation or client?   Answer Question
    The starting pay is good for someone without a background in the financial industry. It is set and there really is no negotiation for this particular position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in October 2010.

I interviewed with two guys. The questions were mostly behavioral questions using the STAR technique. They did ask what type of career goals you have and what type of position you would like to be in. For me I wanted to be more of an analyst but the position was for CS. They also had a case study for you to do during. It was about an unhappy customer and they reviewed your answers with you. It was your typical interview. Had a tour around the facility afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when your supervisor was unavailable and how you handled a situation that required their presence.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in September 2008.

This is for a call center position. Many behavorial questions, "tell me about a time you were working with a difficult individual, how did you handle it?".

Interview Questions

Company put an emphasis on longevity of working at firm, not how good you were.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2010.

Had a 45 minute phone interview with an hr person. They went through my resume line by line asking me to explain my role in each of my past jobs and asked a few behavioral based questions. (i.e. tell me about a time when you had a difficult choice to make, etc)

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in April 2010.

I applied online for the Client Service Associate position. I received an email from HR instructing me to call and schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview consisted of 4 or 5 behavioral questions (describe in detail a time when you......). The phone interview went well, so we scheduled a 2 on 1 interview with a team leader and partcipant services department manager. That interview consisted of different behavioral based questions and 15 minute case study situation.

Got offered the job within two days and took it. We will see what happens.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail a time when you could not accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in January 2010.

The first step was a phone interview, where I was asked some basic questions. After the conclusion I was invited to their office in Charlotte for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you made a good decision when you didn't have all pertinent information?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2007.

Initial screening took place in the form of a one-on-one interview following a career-fair solicitation.
    Next step was a *detailed* phone interview.
    Final step was a full-day recruitment event which consisted of presentations by employees, meetings, one on one behavioral interviews, a panel interview, and a luncheon. The day culminated in a group discussion by the applicants.
    Although it was deceptively casual, everyone you meet is watching you *very* carefully for undesireable traits. Some staff seemed rather unfriendly and elitist, but most were down to earth and professional. Be advised, vanguard wants a LOT of information about its applicants. The usual (cover letters, resumes) as well as college transcripts, high school transcripts, writing samples, references).

Interview Questions
    • It went something like this: a client is currently recieving several different monthly statements for various services they are using. The client has asked you whether you can compile these statements into one, easy to read, monthly statement. Doing so is not a normal service, and would result in a significant time cost, however the client is a longstanding one and has provided a lot of revenue for the company. The client is annoyed with the status quo, but is unlikely to take their business elsewhere if their request is denied. What is your response?   Answer Question

IT Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in March 2008.

We were all pulled in for a group interview day. There were about 12 of us and we given a topic to review and share our thoughts about. We each had a chance to interview with 3 managers on a rotational basis based on your interest of employment. I feel like it was a reasonable method of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have issues with employees while working on a collaborative project?   View Answer

Worked for Vanguard Investments Australia? Contribute to the Community!