Vanguard Investments Australia

Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.2

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2007.

Interview

Initial screening took place in the form of a one-on-one interview following a career-fair solicitation.
    Next step was a *detailed* phone interview.
    Final step was a full-day recruitment event which consisted of presentations by employees, meetings, one on one behavioral interviews, a panel interview, and a luncheon. The day culminated in a group discussion by the applicants.
    Although it was deceptively casual, everyone you meet is watching you *very* carefully for undesireable traits. Some staff seemed rather unfriendly and elitist, but most were down to earth and professional. Be advised, vanguard wants a LOT of information about its applicants. The usual (cover letters, resumes) as well as college transcripts, high school transcripts, writing samples, references).

Interview Questions

• It went something like this: a client is currently recieving several different monthly statements for various services they are using. The client has asked you whether you can compile these statements into one, easy to read, monthly statement. Doing so is not a normal service, and would result in a significant time cost, however the client is a longstanding one and has provided a lot of revenue for the company. The client is annoyed with the status quo, but is unlikely to take their business elsewhere if their request is denied. What is your response?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in July 2008.

Interview

After much delay, I spoke with an HR rep who went over some basic pre-interview questions. Unfortunately, the communication stopped shortly after this interview. It is a very difficult company to crack, especially now.

IT College to Corporate Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Malvern, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for the internship through the Vanguard website. Two weeks after applying I got an email from a senior recruiter at Vanguard asking for availability for a phone interview. I did the phone interview and at the end of the conversation I was invited to the Student Visit Day. The day consisted of two hour long interviews, a problem solving exercise, and a meeting with TLP employees. They told me they would let me know if I would receive an offer I would hear by 1-2 weeks and I heard in 6 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very helpful interviwers. Whole day of interview. Ask a lot of questions

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-7 years   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds and each was over a week apart. Concerned mostly with ability to interact with overseas counterparts, there were no technical questions or focused around past experiences. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2011.

Interview

Very basic background questions. All questions asked were behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Vanguard Accelerated Development Program?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in asset/investment management?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone but the inteviewer was not nice or very charming. Asked behavioral questions and was very quick and boring. She asked the typical questions, why vanguard. Asked what separated them from competition, made them special

Interview Questions

• What separates Vanguard from competition   1 Answer

Contract IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

1) Initial phone screen with entry-level recruiter at outside staffing company
    2) Second phone screen with higher-level recruiter at outside staffing company
    3) In person interviews that included a video call and face-to-face meeting

Interview Questions

• What is the exact process you would go through to recruit java developers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in October 2009.

Interview

The phone interview with the HR recruiter was for 30 minutes but ended up being 45 minutes. Most of the questions were situational and behaviorial questions. Questions such as tell me a time when you had to lead others and there was a conflict. How did you overcome that? What would others say about your leadership style? Also asked to walk over your resume and what led you to each career.

Be ready to remember your MBA gpa (of course) and your undergraduate gpa. They ask for your transcript should you get to the next round which is a Student Day Visit at their Malvern, PA office. I thought the gpa request for the undergraduate was interesting because job description did not state this.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and what led you to each career choice.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter first. Then after receiving an offer for a second round of interviews, I went to the headquarters in PA for a day of interviews. The day consisted of interviews with two different managers, lunch with department directors, a panel discussion, and a group discussion on a topic that was sent to all candidates prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your biggest fan describe you? What would your biggest critic say about you?   Answer Question