Vanguard Investments Australia Interview Questions & Reviews

19 interviews

3.3

Intern Interview

Very helpful interviwers. Whole day of interview. Ask a lot of questions

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5-7 years   View Answer

Contract IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in April 2012.

1) Initial phone screen with entry-level recruiter at outside staffing company
    2) Second phone screen with higher-level recruiter at outside staffing company
    3) In person interviews that included a video call and face-to-face meeting

Interview Questions
    • What is the exact process you would go through to recruit java developers?   Answer Question

Fixed Income Analyst Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in September 2011.

I was interviewed on the phone but the inteviewer was not nice or very charming. Asked behavioral questions and was very quick and boring. She asked the typical questions, why vanguard. Asked what separated them from competition, made them special

Interview Questions
    • What separates Vanguard from competition   View Answer

Accelerated Development Program Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2011.

Very basic background questions. All questions asked were behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose Vanguard Accelerated Development Program?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in asset/investment management?   Answer Question

IT College to Corporate Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2011.

I applied for the internship through the Vanguard website. Two weeks after applying I got an email from a senior recruiter at Vanguard asking for availability for a phone interview. I did the phone interview and at the end of the conversation I was invited to the Student Visit Day. The day consisted of two hour long interviews, a problem solving exercise, and a meeting with TLP employees. They told me they would let me know if I would receive an offer I would hear by 1-2 weeks and I heard in 6 days.

I did not negotiate.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2011.

The hiring process was very upbeat, encouraging, as well as direct and honest. The interview was set with one manager, and then followed by an interview with the floor supervisor. They were very interested in people who genuinely care about the welfare of the clients. The majority of people I encountered during and after the interview process are friendly, very willing to help, always encouraging and willing to listen. The office is conservative, honest, genuinely client focused. It is a call center and the future associates will need to pass the series 7 & 63 exams. Things change often so one must be extremely flexible.

Interview Questions
    • How did you react when a client was angry or unhappy?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time when you had to calm a volatile situation or client?   Answer Question
    The starting pay is good for someone without a background in the financial industry. It is set and there really is no negotiation for this particular position.

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in March 2011.

The interview at the company consisted of 2 steps: First a technical part with 2 developers, after that a more higher-level interview with their in-house recruiter and business manager. Each piece was half an hour in length.
    In the technical they went over my resume and asked me about the projects that I completed in the past, which technologies were used and what challenges I had faced. Then a few fairly generic programming questions (OOP, databasaes, C#) , but no whiteboard exercise where I would have to write code myself.

The second part about the interview was about the company, expectations for this role, my motivation and the overall fit.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in October 2010.

I interviewed with two guys. The questions were mostly behavioral questions using the STAR technique. They did ask what type of career goals you have and what type of position you would like to be in. For me I wanted to be more of an analyst but the position was for CS. They also had a case study for you to do during. It was about an unhappy customer and they reviewed your answers with you. It was your typical interview. Had a tour around the facility afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when your supervisor was unavailable and how you handled a situation that required their presence.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in September 2008.

This is for a call center position. Many behavorial questions, "tell me about a time you were working with a difficult individual, how did you handle it?".

Interview Questions

Company put an emphasis on longevity of working at firm, not how good you were.

Customer Service Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in August 2010.

The recruiter called me and spent about 45 minutes of my time explaining the position and the company. I really knew nothing about the company and was BORED. they called me again and asked me to fly to their scottsdale office but wouldn't pay for any accommodations so I turned them down.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Vanguard? and how does our process work?   Answer Question

Worked for Vanguard Investments Australia? Contribute to the Community!