Vanguard Investments Australia

Vanguard Investments Australia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.2

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in July 2008.

Interview

After much delay, I spoke with an HR rep who went over some basic pre-interview questions. Unfortunately, the communication stopped shortly after this interview. It is a very difficult company to crack, especially now.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in October 2009.

Interview

The phone interview with the HR recruiter was for 30 minutes but ended up being 45 minutes. Most of the questions were situational and behaviorial questions. Questions such as tell me a time when you had to lead others and there was a conflict. How did you overcome that? What would others say about your leadership style? Also asked to walk over your resume and what led you to each career.

Be ready to remember your MBA gpa (of course) and your undergraduate gpa. They ask for your transcript should you get to the next round which is a Student Day Visit at their Malvern, PA office. I thought the gpa request for the undergraduate was interesting because job description did not state this.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and what led you to each career choice.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2009.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter first. Then after receiving an offer for a second round of interviews, I went to the headquarters in PA for a day of interviews. The day consisted of interviews with two different managers, lunch with department directors, a panel discussion, and a group discussion on a topic that was sent to all candidates prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your biggest fan describe you? What would your biggest critic say about you?   Answer Question

IT Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (King of Prussia, PA) in March 2008.

Interview

We were all pulled in for a group interview day. There were about 12 of us and we given a topic to review and share our thoughts about. We each had a chance to interview with 3 managers on a rotational basis based on your interest of employment. I feel like it was a reasonable method of employment.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have issues with employees while working on a collaborative project?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2007.

Interview

Initial screening took place in the form of a one-on-one interview following a career-fair solicitation.
    Next step was a *detailed* phone interview.
    Final step was a full-day recruitment event which consisted of presentations by employees, meetings, one on one behavioral interviews, a panel interview, and a luncheon. The day culminated in a group discussion by the applicants.
    Although it was deceptively casual, everyone you meet is watching you *very* carefully for undesireable traits. Some staff seemed rather unfriendly and elitist, but most were down to earth and professional. Be advised, vanguard wants a LOT of information about its applicants. The usual (cover letters, resumes) as well as college transcripts, high school transcripts, writing samples, references).

Interview Questions

• It went something like this: a client is currently recieving several different monthly statements for various services they are using. The client has asked you whether you can compile these statements into one, easy to read, monthly statement. Doing so is not a normal service, and would result in a significant time cost, however the client is a longstanding one and has provided a lot of revenue for the company. The client is annoyed with the status quo, but is unlikely to take their business elsewhere if their request is denied. What is your response?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Charlotte, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview, where I was asked some basic questions. After the conclusion I was invited to their office in Charlotte for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made a good decision when you didn't have all pertinent information?   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online for the Client Service Associate position. I received an email from HR instructing me to call and schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview consisted of 4 or 5 behavioral questions (describe in detail a time when you......). The phone interview went well, so we scheduled a 2 on 1 interview with a team leader and partcipant services department manager. That interview consisted of different behavioral based questions and 15 minute case study situation.

Got offered the job within two days and took it. We will see what happens.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a time when you could not accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a 45 minute phone interview with an hr person. They went through my resume line by line asking me to explain my role in each of my past jobs and asked a few behavioral based questions. (i.e. tell me about a time when you had a difficult choice to make, etc)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2010.

Interview

The first interview consisted of a 45-60 minute phone interview and second interview was about an hour. It consisted behavioral questions.
    Tell me of a time you lead a group/
    Tell me of a time you had a conflict with a member.
    Tell me of a time you handle several tasks, and what kind of time management strategy did you use.

Second interview was a group interview (Two people)
    Tell me of a time you had a problem.
    Tell me of a time you had to convince someone to do something.
    Tell me of a time you had to something for an internal/external client.
    Tell me of a time where succesfull a solving a technical problem, and how did you go about solving it.
    What do you do to stay updated with the Finance Market?
    What do you see yourself doing in five years? (Be specific the career growth of the company)

Main thing about the group interview, as soon as the candidate begins to talk interviewers automatically judge their character. One of the interviewer seemed as if he did want to be there that day. While I was there trying to make it an interesting and proffesional conversation that one particular interviewer made it seem as if it was an interrogation. However, that is the bad thing about people like this; they are more worried about there self interests and miss out on great candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of time you did something for an internal\externall client.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in August 2010.

Interview

The recruiter called me and spent about 45 minutes of my time explaining the position and the company. I really knew nothing about the company and was BORED. they called me again and asked me to fly to their scottsdale office but wouldn't pay for any accommodations so I turned them down.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Vanguard? and how does our process work?   Answer Question