Vanguard Investments Australia

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

MBA Development Program Interview

MBA Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in October 2009.

Interview Details – The phone interview with the HR recruiter was for 30 minutes but ended up being 45 minutes. Most of the questions were situational and behaviorial questions. Questions such as tell me a time when you had to lead others and there was a conflict. How did you overcome that? What would others say about your leadership style? Also asked to walk over your resume and what led you to each career.

Be ready to remember your MBA gpa (of course) and your undergraduate gpa. They ask for your transcript should you get to the next round which is a Student Day Visit at their Malvern, PA office. I thought the gpa request for the undergraduate was interesting because job description did not state this.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume and what led you to each career choice.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia

Interview Details – Very helpful interviwers. Whole day of interview. Ask a lot of questions

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5-7 years   View Answer

Fixed Income Analyst Internship Interview

Fixed Income Analyst Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the phone but the inteviewer was not nice or very charming. Asked behavioral questions and was very quick and boring. She asked the typical questions, why vanguard. Asked what separated them from competition, made them special

Interview Question – What separates Vanguard from competition   View Answer

Accelerated Development Program Interview

Accelerated Development Program

The process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very basic background questions. All questions asked were behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Junior Developer Interview

Junior Developer
Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview at the company consisted of 2 steps: First a technical part with 2 developers, after that a more higher-level interview with their in-house recruiter and business manager. Each piece was half an hour in length.
In the technical they went over my resume and asked me about the projects that I completed in the past, which technologies were used and what challenges I had faced. Then a few fairly generic programming questions (OOP, databasaes, C#) , but no whiteboard exercise where I would have to write code myself.

The second part about the interview was about the company, expectations for this role, my motivation and the overall fit.

Interview Question – What type of teamwork experience do you have?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in August 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter called me and spent about 45 minutes of my time explaining the position and the company. I really knew nothing about the company and was BORED. they called me again and asked me to fly to their scottsdale office but wouldn't pay for any accommodations so I turned them down.

Interview Question – What do you know about Vanguard? and how does our process work?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Client Relationship Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview consisted of a 45-60 minute phone interview and second interview was about an hour. It consisted behavioral questions.
Tell me of a time you lead a group/
Tell me of a time you had a conflict with a member.
Tell me of a time you handle several tasks, and what kind of time management strategy did you use.

Second interview was a group interview (Two people)
Tell me of a time you had a problem.
Tell me of a time you had to convince someone to do something.
Tell me of a time you had to something for an internal/external client.
Tell me of a time where succesfull a solving a technical problem, and how did you go about solving it.
What do you do to stay updated with the Finance Market?
What do you see yourself doing in five years? (Be specific the career growth of the company)

Main thing about the group interview, as soon as the candidate begins to talk interviewers automatically judge their character. One of the interviewer seemed as if he did want to be there that day. While I was there trying to make it an interesting and proffesional conversation that one particular interviewer made it seem as if it was an interrogation. However, that is the bad thing about people like this; they are more worried about there self interests and miss out on great candidates.

Interview Question – Tell me of time you did something for an internal\externall client.   Answer Question

Acceleration Into Financial Professional Program Interview

Acceleration Into Financial Professional Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with an HR recruiter first. Then after receiving an offer for a second round of interviews, I went to the headquarters in PA for a day of interviews. The day consisted of interviews with two different managers, lunch with department directors, a panel discussion, and a group discussion on a topic that was sent to all candidates prior to the interview.

Interview Question – How would your biggest fan describe you? What would your biggest critic say about you?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in July 2008.

Interview Details – After much delay, I spoke with an HR rep who went over some basic pre-interview questions. Unfortunately, the communication stopped shortly after this interview. It is a very difficult company to crack, especially now.

Interview Questions