Vanguard Investments Australia

Vanguard Investments Australia Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in January 2010.

The first step was a phone interview, where I was asked some basic questions. After the conclusion I was invited to their office in Charlotte for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you made a good decision when you didn't have all pertinent information?   Answer Question

Client Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in April 2010.

I applied online for the Client Service Associate position. I received an email from HR instructing me to call and schedule an initial phone interview. The phone interview consisted of 4 or 5 behavioral questions (describe in detail a time when you......). The phone interview went well, so we scheduled a 2 on 1 interview with a team leader and partcipant services department manager. That interview consisted of different behavioral based questions and 15 minute case study situation.

Got offered the job within two days and took it. We will see what happens.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail a time when you could not accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2010.

Had a 45 minute phone interview with an hr person. They went through my resume line by line asking me to explain my role in each of my past jobs and asked a few behavioral based questions. (i.e. tell me about a time when you had a difficult choice to make, etc)

Client Relationship Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2010.

The first interview consisted of a 45-60 minute phone interview and second interview was about an hour. It consisted behavioral questions.
    Tell me of a time you lead a group/
    Tell me of a time you had a conflict with a member.
    Tell me of a time you handle several tasks, and what kind of time management strategy did you use.

Second interview was a group interview (Two people)
    Tell me of a time you had a problem.
    Tell me of a time you had to convince someone to do something.
    Tell me of a time you had to something for an internal/external client.
    Tell me of a time where succesfull a solving a technical problem, and how did you go about solving it.
    What do you do to stay updated with the Finance Market?
    What do you see yourself doing in five years? (Be specific the career growth of the company)

Main thing about the group interview, as soon as the candidate begins to talk interviewers automatically judge their character. One of the interviewer seemed as if he did want to be there that day. While I was there trying to make it an interesting and proffesional conversation that one particular interviewer made it seem as if it was an interrogation. However, that is the bad thing about people like this; they are more worried about there self interests and miss out on great candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of time you did something for an internal\externall client.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in August 2010.

The recruiter called me and spent about 45 minutes of my time explaining the position and the company. I really knew nothing about the company and was BORED. they called me again and asked me to fly to their scottsdale office but wouldn't pay for any accommodations so I turned them down.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Vanguard? and how does our process work?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in September 2008.

This is for a call center position. Many behavorial questions, "tell me about a time you were working with a difficult individual, how did you handle it?".

Interview Questions

Company put an emphasis on longevity of working at firm, not how good you were.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in October 2010.

I interviewed with two guys. The questions were mostly behavioral questions using the STAR technique. They did ask what type of career goals you have and what type of position you would like to be in. For me I wanted to be more of an analyst but the position was for CS. They also had a case study for you to do during. It was about an unhappy customer and they reviewed your answers with you. It was your typical interview. Had a tour around the facility afterward.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when your supervisor was unavailable and how you handled a situation that required their presence.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in March 2011.

The interview at the company consisted of 2 steps: First a technical part with 2 developers, after that a more higher-level interview with their in-house recruiter and business manager. Each piece was half an hour in length.
    In the technical they went over my resume and asked me about the projects that I completed in the past, which technologies were used and what challenges I had faced. Then a few fairly generic programming questions (OOP, databasaes, C#) , but no whiteboard exercise where I would have to write code myself.

The second part about the interview was about the company, expectations for this role, my motivation and the overall fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Vanguard Investments Australia in May 2011.

The hiring process was very upbeat, encouraging, as well as direct and honest. The interview was set with one manager, and then followed by an interview with the floor supervisor. They were very interested in people who genuinely care about the welfare of the clients. The majority of people I encountered during and after the interview process are friendly, very willing to help, always encouraging and willing to listen. The office is conservative, honest, genuinely client focused. It is a call center and the future associates will need to pass the series 7 & 63 exams. Things change often so one must be extremely flexible.

Interview Questions
    • How did you react when a client was angry or unhappy?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time when you had to calm a volatile situation or client?   Answer Question
    The starting pay is good for someone without a background in the financial industry. It is set and there really is no negotiation for this particular position.